Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > who's Big Fish?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~Hams~
Msg: 5
view profile
History
who's Big Fish?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I just got a message from Big Fish, telling me to change my password. Who's this guy and should I change my password immediately?

BigFish is the owner of this website and if he has recommended you to change your password I'd do it.

Msg 2
Don't worry I know he has a good sense of humour!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 7
who's Big Fish?
Posted: 9/10/2009 11:25:28 AM
Just changed my pw. Is there any chance the feature will come back, Markus?
I loved being able to put playlists on my profile.

Mo
 kissnmakeup54
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Changing Your Password Mail From BigFish
Posted: 9/10/2009 12:10:08 PM
I've never added the imeem/music feature to my profile. But I have listened to others music. Do I still need to change my password?
 motownmaniax
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/10/2009 1:26:13 PM
Hopefully, Imeem will fix the security issues, allowing Markus to bring the
feature back. Here's hopin'.

Mo
 You cant make me
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/10/2009 8:11:01 PM
Welcome back Hallie.......you were missed!!!!

I did change my password as well!!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/10/2009 9:31:00 PM
You'll have to write all your posts in here, then, Hallie.
 You cant make me
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/10/2009 9:33:56 PM
Oh no Hallie......what will you do NOW???

Why is it that some people got email warnings and others didn't???
I never got email either!!
I had a song on my profile,but not a play list of songs.
 Atlas1974
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 9:54:23 PM
Hmmmm weird.. I got the quick freak out and change your password message too... but ...

I didn't even have that music junk on my account... why would I need to change my password?
 You cant make me
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:39:08 AM

it's still good practice to change passwords regularly in any event

I agree with that ^^^^^^^^
 motownmaniax
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/11/2009 12:35:53 PM
I know, Hallie. I can still listen on Imeem. But the point was sharing the music with
others that might have enjoyed some long lost song or get turned on to something new.
It's the same reason people share videos, pics, interests, etc. It's not strictly for their
own enjoyment, but others.

I wish the security issues get cleaned up and it can be re-introduced.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/11/2009 3:09:07 PM
BE, I've had Imeem on my profile for months, maybe over year, and never got an email.
I only found out on the Imeem Music Help thread.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/11/2009 3:45:42 PM
We'll still send each other the good stuff, Hallie.
 Rythmn
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 5:08:27 PM
i'm not a serious member, although the "test" gave me an invitation! no imeem account either. i am a longstanding forum member and a "yenta", so maybe i was communicating with others with imeem accounts? not sure i get this. i was advised "never" to use the same names or passwords on different websites! an explanation would be helpful from the "source". my password changed easily. hope i don't forget it though. i also told friends to do the same who did not get the personal message, just in case something went wrong there.

well, if you come across a short, busty blonde named serenitycw, who is btw a guy now since the imeem conspiracy, please know that my virtual identity has been stolen----OR you have found my long, lost twin--for which there is a reward. but ncis agents (my "virtue-al" heroes) will first pop off the tv screen to rescue my "virtue" and check the dna. so no foul play, mind you! this is WHY they call it virtual reality, see?
 motownmaniax
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/11/2009 6:26:52 PM
When it gets to the point we need to start having DNA tests on here to verify gender
I'm joining a monastery, Serenity.

SteelCity1981
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 9:49:06 PM
Well this sucks. Imeem has been going down hill anyhow. I mean when they were new they let you upload as many videos and music files on your page as you want, now they limit the amount of music uploads you are allowed to upload to your page unless you pay for it. Not to mention they took away the ability to even allow you to upload Videos to your page anymore.

You guys should partner up with myspace. So that we can use their player on this site.
 startingover45
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 12:38:22 PM
Hmmm... I just found out all this is going on when a fella wrote me and said he couldn't access my favorite song without registering for a password at Imeem. My link on Facebook is still active, andI was trying to figure out how to put the link back up here when I found this tread.

Since it's been soo long now, is there any reason to change my POF password now?
 Calmset
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Changing Your Password Mail From BigFish re: IMEEM Discontinued
Posted: 1/20/2010 9:29:37 AM
Imeem is no more; they have merged with MyspaceMusic. Is there anyway we can renew the feature, but with Myspace? I really enjoyed being able to have music and videos on my profile. When I started PoF, that was one of the things that made me choose it over other sites.
 OneNickyG
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Hey Markus
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:20:45 PM
I've been on many sites (gaming, personal, etc...) where they have integrated audio players in the profiles, like a Windows Media style player, which only plays MP3/WMA files. This requires the user/member to provide or host a music link on his own accord to be able to play it. There are many free music hosting sites out there where a user can upload a song and then have the link to it... almost like an Imageshack for songs. This provides security on the user's behalf.

Maybe you could implement something like that??
Just my 2ยข!

Nick
Still
 Calmset
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Hey Markus
Posted: 1/28/2010 7:45:43 AM
What about http://www.lala.com/ ?? It would just be the music, no video, but maybe something like that would work?
 tallows
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 9:41:15 PM
Some body is loing in to my stuff and need to make a new password
 tallows
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2012 9:43:25 PM
Some body is loing in to my stuff and need to make a new password
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > who's Big Fish?