Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Do you cook for your dogs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dirsup
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Do you cook for your dogs?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I am pretty sure I am only here to cater to my two Boston Terriers whims. They have lots. I am a busy boy. I quite literally cook for these dogs dailey. Sometimes they get leftovers, but usually it is cooked for them. They also were rescued and had a hard life before me. Spoiled is an understatement. I had a third but the old guy passed a while back. They were all rescued but now I am not sure if I was the "rescuer" or the "rescuee". I think the latter.
 Opequon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Do you cook for your dogs?
Posted: 10/20/2009 11:02:09 AM
My aunt used to buy the frozen chicken breasts and cook that with rice for her dogs. The never ate commercial dog food in their 10+ years.

I have started making my own dog treats for my dogs (more because I love making them).

Since my puppy's tendon surgery two weeks ago, I have been cooking more for her. I want to make sure she gets in the extra protein to repair her muscle. Last night she got some chicken mixed with zucchini. Tonight she'll get the leftovers from a business meeting I have. She will be disappointed when the recovery period is over.
 Opequon
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2009 7:51:12 PM
Well no leftovers for Miss Molly. She got in to the cat lax and finished off the tube. Called the vet. Said to put her on a bland diet of hamburger or chicken and rice. She's going to make sure she keeps this people food going.
 notmeinsc
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/31/2009 10:30:34 PM
I cook rice and chicken and lean hamburger for my two dogs. I mix it in with their dry food and some chicken broth. Of course it has to be warmed up too. No cold food for them.
 AmFun2BWith
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2010 5:51:41 AM
I had a great dog a bit ago, Rex, he was a mixed breed, we call them Heinz 57 here in PIT!

The only think Rex would eat regularly was ground meat, either cooked or raw, didn't matter either way to him. I think I discovered it one day cause he got hold of a package during one of his bad boy days. I also cooked him steaks for a Christmas gift or special occasion. I know it sounds gross, but Rex lived to be 19 years old and was healthy in all ways till he died. So, you see, no one really knows what's the best to do despite all the hoopla.

It's the same for people....you can do all the "right" things, eat all the "right" foods and the guy next to you can eat raw bacon (yes, my daddy did) and other such crap and be healthier and out live you.

Feels good to remember Rex again.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Do you cook for your dogs?