Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > School Snacks for 22 kids, help!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 texasbaby
Msg: 4
view profile
History
School Snacks for 22 kids, help!Page 1 of 1    
So, is this just for daily snacks in the classroom or a party?
For classroom snacks,, keep it simple.. Bananas are a good choice, also big bags or cans of already popped pop corn. You said no sweets, but I wonder if that includes
animal crackers? Those also come in big bags,, not too much sugar and also not messy,,
no sticky hands or crumbs on the desk tops.

tb
 tass08
Msg: 6
School Snacks for 22 kids, help!
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:23:01 PM

... the kids are gonna get bored quick if they keep getting the same thing over and over

I don't understand this kind of thinking. Kids don't get "bored" with food or other things until they learn from parents and advertising (and apparently school) that food is supposed to be some kind of entertainment. It's a snack. Sliced veggies and grapes and chunks of cheese will give them the nourishment they need to continue through the day. They could probably have sliced veggies and fruits and cheese every day and never get bored with it, as it's good food. All the prepackaged crap you think you need to buy {$30/day for kindergarden snacks?!?!) to entertain your kids is just going to fill them up with simple carbs and HFCS, which they probably get too much of already. And every day they'll want one with a different licensed character on the packaging.
 texasbaby
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:28:46 PM
Strange as it sounds at my age I have small kids, my youngest is in second grade. So, I also do the snack thing,, been at it a long time,, lol. My kids go to a little country school and we've had one teacher three different years now. She loved the bags or cans of popped corn, there's always a lot left. Great on a day when some Mom fails to show up with the goodies. Yes, it happens.. Little ones don't need or want a lot to eat at snack time,, just enough to tide them over till lunch or time to go home.
I have found a brand of chocolate animal crackers that are awesome and send those a lot, but some teachers nix chocolate in any form. So, you just have to go with the flow..
I am a label reader because my youngest is allergic to peanuts, so I understand how careful Moms have to be. I have raised so much heck about the peanut issue, our school is now a peanut free school. It's banned totally..
Anyway, good luck, I know you'll find some things the kids will love.

tb
 jojoaus
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 3:13:06 AM
I work with preschoolers in a daycare setting and we have yummy fresh fruit for afternoon tea EVERY day. They never ever get tired of apple, banana, watermelon, orange, pear, strawberry, pineapple or whatever. Fruit is a winner every time. Add in cubed cheese or low salt crackers or dried fruit including sultanas... Simple, healthy and delish. Simple really is best.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > School Snacks for 22 kids, help!