Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > something different for holloween      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raxarsr
Msg: 7
view profile
History
something different for holloweenPage 1 of 1    
worms and dirt are always popular with kids........

Ingredients
- 1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 small container Cool Whip topping, thawed
- 1 package gummy worms

Directions
Put cookies into a zipper style bag and close tightly.
Using a rolling pin, roll and crush the cookies until crumbly. Set aside.
In a large bowl, pour the milk and chocolate instant pudding mix.
Whisk well until all of the pudding mix is dissolved.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Add the Cool Whip and 1/2 of the crushed cookies.
Stir until well blended.
Place a large spoonful of crushed cookies into the bottoms of the plastic cups.
Add the pudding mixture on top of that until the cups are 3/4 full.
Add 1 large gummy worm so that it is half in the cup and 1/2 hanging out of the cup.
Spoon in more crushed cookie around the worm to hold it in place.
Can top with Cool Whip if desired.
Serve chilled.
*You can use as many worms in the pudding as desired.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 13
view profile
History
something different for holloween
Posted: 9/15/2009 2:50:27 PM
wow ... you're all so creative!

I was thinking more simply ... making "Rice Crispie Treats" but with a variety of cereals instead of just Rice Crispies ... Fruit Loops or Cocoa Puffs for example! and using your buttered hands to make them into interesting shapes ... similar to popcorn balls but less sticky!

my children are all grown and my daughters and daughter-in-laws get to have the fun now! the last time I helped my kids make popcorn balls, I think I was cleaning the kitchen for 2 weeks after!
 texasbaby
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2009 3:29:40 PM
The primary school my kids attend will not allow any snacks/treats that are homemade. I think it must be a quality of hygiene issue..
I know in my life I have seen some seriously nasty kitchens and some very disgusting food come out of them. Things I would never want my kids to eat..
For example, about 15 years ago,, I worked in a place with many employees and at Thanksgiving everyone who was working that day brought a dish to share. One woman made dinner rolls that looked and smelled great, but when you tore the roll apart it had tiny, newborn, baby roaches baked into the bread.. Eeewww,, it still makes me gag...
This was not at a school, but still, I suppose ya'll see my point.. So, if you're taking treats to school, it might be good to see if they even allow homemade items.

Hope I didn't gross anyone out too much...

tb
 Molly Maude
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2009 9:21:52 PM
I "GET" that this is protecting our children ... but I remember Halloweens when I was a kid ... all the houses were decorated ... and we'd all run to one neighbor's house where we'd go inside for hot apple cider ... then we'd go to another's house where we'd get homemade cookies ... other houses would provide homemade popcorn balls, candied apples ... the grown-ups would always say, "no trick! no treat!" so we had to perform tricks for our treats!

it seemed like there were parties at every house we went to ... of course, we only went to maybe SIX houses! cuz they were all friends ...

yeah ... I "get it" ... but, ya know ... it's really sad ...
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > something different for holloween