Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Exesive Flirting. Should we stop?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stafford_Jim
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Exesive Flirting. Should we stop?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Mahogany Rush, you hit the nail on the head.

I've seen work flirting turn into an HR case when someone decided they didn't want to play the game anymore. Locker room antics in your workplace is not worth your career.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 8
Exesive Flirting. Should we stop?
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:17:43 PM
I would stop if: 1) you have no interest/intention taking it further and 2) believe fooling around with co-workers is TABOO (I do - just creates too much drama if things don't work out!).
 c_deacon
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:28:05 PM
Try very very hard to "never get your honey, where you get your money"......

Most of us like quick witted people that can toss out those double meanings, and read between the lines stuff......but.......butt.......there are lines to be drawn and not crossed when it comes to excessive flirting on the job, just as there is with excessive dressing, or lack of, on the job......

OT.......If you like it, find places that it is acceptable away for work, or ask those that want to enjoy that side of you, to meet after work, and make it happen there.

The true sarcastic, quick witted person, knows when and where to use that tongue, how, and with whom......

Just my opinion.......
 grizzelda
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:39:04 PM

I've seen work flirting turn into an HR case when someone decided they didn't want to play the game anymore. Locker room antics in your workplace is not worth your career.

This is something you need to pay attention to. The guys at work thought it was so funny that another of my coworkers had a crush on me, everyone in the shop knew about it except me at first. Then one day I turned around and there was another co worker making lewd and incredibly inapropriate hand gestures behind my back while I was speaking to this individual. Let me tell you, that man will never make that mistake again. You may think it is funny, but he may not and your co workers may not find it all that funny either.

I have to agree with Landra here as well, this makes you feel good about yourself, what behviour are you going to adopt next so you can keep feeling good about yourself?
 good_catch77
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:39:55 PM
Let me start that if it wasn't for flirting I would have a boring day at work. It's not heavy flirting but a light flirting. It may get a little more depending on how much I know and/or like them. Because most of my acquaintances that are girls know that I love to flirt.

But for your specific situation I don't think you should stop. I think that you both know that your just stroking each others ego. I love to flirt and have hottie girls that are friends flirt back because it shows the other girls that I'm a decent guy. Almost in essence that "if he's good enough for them he's good enough for me." Most of the girls that do that for me are in relationship and know that I would appreciate all the help I can get. It also strokes my ego. Once a good looking girl flirts with me it gives me confidence that I can get with anyone. So they are helping me in more ways than one.

Best of luck to everyone
 southaustingal
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 1:56:33 PM
As an HR Director I would say stop the flirting on the job. In most cases, it only leads to trouble.
 CompletelyDone
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/14/2009 2:02:53 PM
If you're that bored on your job, you might want to use your "nothing better to do" time to take a few online classes so that you can find a better job and leave your playtimes for your off-hours.

Messing around with a work colleague is just asking for trouble when things go wrong. If you think you're up to having to deal with that, by all means, carry on...
 CompletelyDone
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/14/2009 2:18:40 PM

That was a Manager’s response..lol. Us HR people, tend to soften things up a bit but basically, you’re right.

Well... I'm not a manager but I WAS once a 24 year old woman stuck in a deadend job and looking for any opportunity at all to improve my skills. I would have LOVED a job that would have given me that kind of time and opportunity!!!

Not only that, but having a few good work ethics doesn't hurt either.
 LOVESTRUCK_wannabe
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/14/2009 5:05:57 PM
Ok so it all started when one of my coworkers wanted to embariss other guy we work with infront of me. He asked him why he got nervous and turned red whenever he saw me to wich he replied its cuz she makes my heart beat faster when I see her.

No matter what it's turned into the fact remains that he used to get nervous and turn red whenever he saw you and he's 4 years younger.

Meanwhile, you have no intention of getting involved in a relationship with him and in your own words are even keeping this going at home because you enjoy the attention.

This is one case where right from the get go he was very much into you and still is. Have a heart. Talk to him about it and if you really don't want him cut him loose.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/14/2009 5:34:17 PM
First of all if you are both doing all this on company time you are taking your jobs for granted in a time when you should be grateful to even have a job. Giving someone the idea that you are interested when you are not is called leading them on. It eventually leads to hurt feelings, anger, and many other feelings that don't belong in the workplace. I've never even accepted a dinner invitation with a man I'm not interested in. On the other hand if you truly are interested in each other and taking it further go for it, but you've got to decide which way you want this to go.
 tnt144
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/15/2009 3:06:59 PM
Ahhhh.... the games people play.

Real stupid to play games with people you aren't interested in just to boost your own ego.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/15/2009 3:11:24 PM
OP, I once fell in love with a woman like you. What a self-obsessed attention seeking biatch she proved to be.

Grow up. Grow a heart. Control you ego. Get a grip on yourself.
 andy.pandy
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/15/2009 3:22:31 PM

" never dip your pen in the companies ink"

haha very funny

ontopic

i have been down this road befor dating someone from work its not a good idea if it does nto work out then you have to deal with seeing them all the time possible fights etc
 whynot1779
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/17/2009 9:13:55 AM
R u in a relationship???? Is he???
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Exesive Flirting. Should we stop?