Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Rudeness on 1st date.! Or What,      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Loose_end
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Rudeness on 1st date.! Or What,Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Well, that beats the hell out of a first date i had once......

I dont know what to say, you must have felt humiliated.......

Look on the bright side though, at least you never had to get your wallet out and buy it a drink
 MYR_25
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Rudeness on 1st date.! Or What,
Posted: 9/15/2009 10:11:31 AM
I find it hard to believe that people are actually defending this womens course of action. Unless theres something the O.P hasn't mentioned she sounds like one grade 'A' b***h. I wouldn't worry too much now anyway, what goes around comes around.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2009 4:52:18 PM
Can I ask OP how long you had been chatting to this woman before you agreed to meet?
Had you spoken on the phone and had everything been OK up until the day of the date?

Can I just give some advice also as I noticed you have mentioned this on your profile.

Whilst she showed no class in what she did it doesn't look good to make a point of it.

If I was you I'd just forget about it mate and move on as not all women behave like her.

Profiles should always be as positive as possible and this is just highlighting a negative.

electric-gypsy
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2009 8:25:36 PM
She was definitely out of order, OP. I'm sure you didn't intentionally misrepresent yourself by posting someone else's picture on your profile, so there was no need for her to be so rude. She should have had the grace to stay and chat for an hour or so.
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2011 11:57:49 AM
Now, how did MrFreewill do that?
 Strider886
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2011 4:25:57 AM
Very old thread, but ill reply anyway.

I've said it before, but there are women out there who have been hurt and are looking for a man to hurt back, I've had a lucky escape with one of these.

Again I find myself saying this........ Men have two main reasons for being here (should be obvious), women have hundreds and only about 10% of them are here for the list of reasons available in our profiles. It's pretty obvious to me that those who take the time to use these forums are probably the most genuine POF users in the pond.

I'm not saying to approach every date with excessive caution... If you've been 100% honest and open before meeting, then you have done nothing wrong and the problem (no matter what the other person tries to hurt you with) is solely theirs.
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2012 4:11:51 AM
Don't get mad, get even! Get a "friend" to pursue this lady; get her to travel to a distant meet, and then do similar to her!
 MsSunshine60
Msg: 102
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:51:17 AM
OP you've had a lucky escape.

There is never any excuse for rudeness. I've been on dates where I've not been attracted to the person, but as they've all travelled to the meeting place of my choice I've had a coffee/drink/dinner with them. It wouldn't cross my mind to leg it, even the man that said he was 5ft 11 but turned out to be 5ft 6, the athlete who turned out to be a sumo type athlete and the man who sent me a picture of himself taken 20 years prior were treated respectfully.

I hope the experience hasn't put you off OP.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Rudeness on 1st date.! Or What,