Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Walking      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rcd45
Msg: 1
view profile
History
WalkingPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Looking through ladies profiles, it appears that a massive percentage of women over 45 love to walk, with huge numbers listing 'walking on a beach' (preferably hand in hand whist chatting ) as their ideal first date. All well and good if you live in Brighton or somewhere at least within a reasonable distance of the ocean, but people list it first choice even if they live in Birmingham.
Think of the logistics, two or three hours driving with a stranger just to get to any sort of a beach, Think of a full Sunday spent with somebody who gets on yours nerves within the first twenty minutes, with no way to escape.
Anyway, I was in Blackpool on Sunday,which was a nice day for a change, and went down to the promenade from where I had a good view of the beach. I was expecting to see wall to wall happy middle aged couples chatting blissfully hand in hand as they strolled along the golden sands.
How many did I see ?..............yeah, you're right. NONE.
OK, I thought, maybe they're all at the second favourite walking destination, THE HILLS.
So, I drove back through the Trough of Bowland, a popular spot for walking, looking up all the time for the elusive 40 something first daters, helping each other up a ridge hand in hand whilst holding a heavy conversation about each others likes and dislikes, she in 4'' heels and him in a brand new pair of Levis and brown shoes.
Still no luck, no sightings whatsoever.
 the SoldierByte
Msg: 2
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 12:47:28 PM
You did not see anyone "walking" because they were all sleeping
from being up all night "watching the stars and moonlight"..
---SoldierByte---
 cookie22222
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 12:58:14 PM
LOL!!!

I like to walk - I walk to work in fact. I walk through the park on nice, not too hot or too cold days - it's right at the end of my street. I walk to the local stores, for the Sunday newspaper or whatever.

I'd love to walk on the beach! But it's an hour and a half away, so that's not in my profile.
 kari135
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 1:54:12 PM
I walk pretty much everywhere I go, but it's because I can't drive anymore. I don't put it as any kind of interest, hobby, or sport on my profile. I do say - on some of my profiles on some sites - that I can't meet anyone halfway between me and wherever, because 30-50 miles is just too far to walk. Fortunately, I do enjoy walking and have done since I was a kid.

Oddly enough, you wouldn't believe how many have asked me to meet them halfway anyway, or told me to just take driving lessons! I'm not sure what part of 'legally blind' they don't get.
 rcd45
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 1:58:17 PM
'' It was probably one of those three or four times a week they all go to the gym. ''

rcd45
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:06:32 PM
Somehow this thread has appeared twice.
This thread is for people who get it, the other thread isn't.
Check it out
Regards from a chilly, dark England.
 moraima
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:08:32 PM
I have a lifestyle where I am constantly. Yes, there is a beach about 2k from my front door, and I live in almost the middle of the country. No salt in the water, but it is a beach indeed. Right now there is a movie being filmed there.

I get a giggle out of the men I have meet who claim they can keep up with me, only to have them exhausted after the first k. Then again, I am sure there are many men who can walk/run much further than I can.

I love walking in the sand. Really exercises the leg muscles.
 TryAgan
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:19:04 PM

I love walking in the sand. Really exercises the leg muscles.

Is this what they call now the Kegel exercises?
 TryAgan
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:21:18 PM

How come there is this exact same thread by someone else?????
I mean exactly, word for word?

After the mods deleted all good threads, they are trying to make up for it by duplicating some of the other threads.
 rcd45
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:30:49 PM
I am the original poster and it seems my laptop has managed to post it twice. That;s why the two posts seem the same,,,because they are. Funnily enough, it was just after reading that saga of a post about embracing new technology.
Ah well
You can't put a young head on old shoulders,
 TryAgan
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:53:50 PM

my laptop has managed to post it twice.

I've been trying to do this for long time. Where did you get your laptop?
 moraima
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 3:02:43 PM
"Is this what they call now the Kegel exercises? "

No clue....................... No need for exercise gizmos.

My profile doesn't mention walking either.

Best beach walking (and thinking) is done on a tropical beach when it is the dead of winter back here in Canada. Soaking up those ocean breezes to remember when yet another blizzard dumps on us when we get back..............no wonder I go so often in the winter..........................retirement and 6 months of beach walking.............heaven on earth. Playing in the water just off sure with the sea creature is so relaxing They just love bananas.
 the SoldierByte
Msg: 13
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 3:14:04 PM
HELP.............
I've fallen into double double trouble trouble..
which which is is real real..??/
---SoldierByte---
 TryAgan
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 3:47:05 PM
moraima - Msg 16

"Is this what they call now the Kegel exercises? "

No clue....................... No need for exercise gizmos.

Actually, the name is not that important.
Main thing it works for you. Also good thing is that you don't need any gizmos.
I also like to play with creatures who love bananas.
 TryAgan
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 3:50:22 PM

Looking through ladies profiles, it appears that a massive percentage of women over 45 love to walk, with huge numbers listing 'walking on a beach' (preferably hand in hand whist chatting ) as their ideal first date.

Walking is healthy. You just have to beware of the ones who like to sit at the roaring fire with half full glass of red Chiraz wine.
 DaytonDennis
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 3:59:33 PM
Walking = hiking minus the steroids
 TryAgan
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 3:59:52 PM
strollinbella - Msg 26

To TryAgan, lol. Kegel exercises are those we do to help prevent the occasional leak, especially if one has had children and is now the age when she is going through menopause. Sometimes these (occasionally) embarassing leaks occur when sneezing or laughing.

Thanks, I see.
That's what some of the female posters mean when they write that they peed into their panties. I always thought, there must be another reason.
 Rythmn
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 10:09:13 PM
i live on a creek within walking distance from a beach. d-mn, both ltr men in my life since my separation/divorce of four years ago, did not like walking on the beach. go figure! i'm taking the dog.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 19
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 10:17:52 PM

Kegel exercises are those we do to help prevent the occasional leak, especially if one has had children and is now the age when she is going through menopause. Sometimes these (occasionally) embarassing leaks occur when sneezing or laughing.

There are other better reasons for doing Kegels :P
 TryAgan
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/17/2009 10:31:15 PM

Kegel exercises are those we do to help prevent the occasional leak, especially if one has had children and is now the age when she is going through menopause. Sometimes these (occasionally) embarassing leaks occur when sneezing or laughing.

>>> There are other better reasons for doing Kegels :P

Well, maybe not better, but definitely more pleasurable.
 MondoVman
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/18/2009 12:18:10 AM
Not the only twin thread in recent days. It's the moderators new test of us lab rats' ability to walk the walk and talk the talk without loss of comprehension by posting to the wrong twin. Ever walked a twin?
 TryAgan
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/18/2009 2:10:14 AM

I'm either lying on my towel...or swimming..., as today, it was beautiful in the water.

i do my exercises when driving, no push ups though.

You leave us in suspense.
First you lay on the beach, then you do your special exercises. How did it end?
 ankkka
Msg: 23
Walking
Posted: 9/18/2009 8:43:57 AM
Walking...but not on the beach.
I like to walk on the streets...evenings...night time...in beautiful romantic European streets.
Discovering new cafeterias...restaurants...
 zabet
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Walking
Posted: 9/19/2009 9:38:05 AM
I live at the beach . I can't see it from my windows but can hear the surf. I walk on it every morning for an hour before work, watch the sun rise. Sometimes I see dolphins.

If I found someone who wanted to walk with me he'd have to be quiet so that I could continue to enjoy the peace.
 CharinAK
Msg: 25
Walking
Posted: 9/19/2009 11:03:21 PM
I like walking for dates .. although in winter in Alaska you really have to bundle up .. it's cheap and you can talk and hear the other person .. I also like taking walks better than going to restaurants .. I'd rather not gain 10 pounds every time I start dating someone because he wants to go to restaurants all the time. Walking can be in a park, or just wandering the streets seeing the sights. It doesn't really matter where.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Walking