Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Pumpkin loaf      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Belle Requin
Msg: 4
Pumpkin loafPage 1 of 1    
Never tried the Starbucks one as I'm allergic to wheat. BUT, just made a pumpkin "brownie" with fantastic results. The texture is kind of in between pumpkin cake and pie.

The recipe is:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp pumpkin spice
Dash salt
1/2 cup toffee bits

Cream butter and sugar, add egg, beat till fluffy. Add remaining ingredients except toffee bits. Mix til combined, then fold in toffee bits. Pour into a greased 8” square ban, bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

What I did: I used oat flour, and a rounded tbsp of gelatin (but I doubled recipe). I added pecans (3 handfuls...). I used more toffee bits (3 handfuls...). For seasoning, in my double batch, I used approx 1 rounded tsp cinnamon, scant tsp ginger, 1/2 teaspoon each nutmeg, all spice, mace, and clove. And as I said, I’m not sure if I used more or less flour or pumpkin than the recipe called for as I totally eyeballed it all.

But, everyone loved it. The recipe suggested a white chocolate cream cheese icing, I made a vanilla cinnamon one, I think a butterscotch/caramel one would have been nicer.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 6
Pumpkin loaf
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:28:43 AM
I'm not allergic to gluten though, just wheat. Oat flour will have gluten in it, unless the bag specifically stated gf.

Wheat free is easy. Gluten free is easy too if you're not allergic to corn (which I am).
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Pumpkin loaf