Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do women really prefer rough sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do women really prefer rough sex?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This was done at a college?

What were the controls, demographics?

How large of a pool was the data collected???

I don't believe that most people prefer hard and fast, vs slow and gentle... That is a very limited question, thus it would seem that the idea of hot and steamy, especially if these were college students not looking for relationships at the time would opt for that without any other choice...

I think the majority of people like a mix, which this is a very subjective question... Dependant upon the stage of life, age, as well as physical factors, and if the person was in a loving relationship....

Answer, the data sound very incomplete to say that women prefer rough sex...
 CharinAK
Msg: 3
Do women really prefer rough sex?
Posted: 9/20/2009 4:56:24 PM
What?! We have to choose? Why can't we have both? So not fair.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/20/2009 5:04:38 PM
I'm a Gemini, I get bored with just one thing. I like a list of at least 8 things to choose from depending on the day and my mood or I'd rather just crack a book.
 Dantycoop
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/20/2009 5:05:20 PM
Not surprised at all. Every woman I've ever been with preferred to get hammered...not that I minded one bit ;)
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/20/2009 6:18:53 PM
Hard and fast isn't "rough", BTW.

Also, this "researcher" is trying to prove that his theory is correct, so I question the validity of the method.

But I'll play along--
You tell me what YOU prefer--lots of sexual stimulation, or just a little sexual stimulation?
 whytwater
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/20/2009 6:45:47 PM

But I'll play along--
You tell me what YOU prefer--lots of sexual stimulation, or just a little sexual stimulation?

I'll follow a rafting enthusiast down almost any path, so guess I'll play along , too.

The putative classic mantra, invoked by every woman: "harder, faster, deeper!!!" I have heard that stuff countless times, but mostly from mostly spent men, not their women.
Rules mostly suck, imo, as do the common sweeping statements that cover most women, or most men. Regardless of gender, we are each free agents, especially in our sexual likes and dislikes. Even more importantly, sex, at least with another human, is a team sport. If not played that way, it's flat and cold, and everyone loses. I have met one woman in my life who wanted to proceed to penetration immediately after dropping drawers, no foreplay to speak of, and her very favorite stroke was always the first, and it needed to be full. Seems like it is waay more common to expect a need for a gentle, slow hand to start, but watch out for the faster, harder, deeper command toward the end of the ride. And for god's sake, be prepared to deliver, for the sake of the team, ya know.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 6:56:49 PM

1) a hard driving, fast sex
or
2) a slow gentle sex"

Yes please. *big grinz*

Too many variables left out of the equation and not enough information here to give a black and white response. Bottom line is there is no real definitive answer to this overly subjective question. You will get a lot of different answers depending on the variables input into the equation.

I like both and I don't like to have to choose. I want what I want when I want it. Damnit.
 setuid
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:36:32 PM
This reminds me of a (somewhat graphic) quote I heard years and years ago:

"Treat the whores like women, and the women like whores..."

..and if you really dive into that, it makes sense. The beautiful women, who are used to getting sex 24x7 anytime they want, are used to being treated as objects, for that one purpose; a depository of bodily fluids. If you meet one, treat her like an actual woman, who has needs and a brain and other things about her, and she'll gladly reciprocate.

Likewise, the plain old librarian types who are used to being "just another face in the crowd", actually want to be treated and manhandled like the women they wish they could be (no, not "whores"). They want to be able to be fux0red 10 ways to Sunday, every day, and they love it (I've met a few in my time. Ahem.)

But I digress. It's all about what each woman wants. I will say though (based on my completely unethical statistics), that when a woman is amped up and ready to blow, you better be able to kick it into overdrive, and do NOT slow down, lest you find her ripping the hair off of the top of your head :)
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:40:27 PM
GD IT ALREADY!

I'm a LIBRARIAN!!

Except I have the NAME of a stripper. I bet you can guess how much I enjoy stereotypes. lol
 Coqui831
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/20/2009 10:42:15 PM
Of course the study is biased based on the fact that the guy that posted this did not get the information from a college survey. This guy is either soilciting information so that he may employ in his next sexual outing or...and this is sick...he just wants women to address his question for sexual gratification as he reads the answers.

Sassy, your name tells me a lot about who you are. And I read some of your profile but it was rather lengthy and somewhat boring. However, I'm from the Bronx. I'm from 149 and Southern Blvd. My sister's name is Wanda and my brother is Caly. Why am I sharing this information... I l;ive in Cali and haven't been there in over five years so just hoping, I know the Bronx is huge Mami, you might know either one or both.

I wanted to write you on your profile page but since I smoke cigarrettes it wouldn't let me. Now I know you're going to want to hit me up so make sure you remove the non-smoking restriction.

Felix aka Coqui aka Non-conformist
 Coqui831
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/20/2009 10:43:37 PM
also maybe the women who put...hard and fast want it OVER WITH cause they get no foreplay ahahhahah

Too effing funny!
 jacob8088
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/21/2009 1:11:00 AM
Not sure but I've been with a few that liked it rough.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 11:06:10 AM
I've certainly noticed - in my experience - that most women like vigorous to rough intercourse once they're turned on to that point. Slow, gentle sex may be a warmup, but rarely provides the fireworks they seek, it seems.
 jacob8088
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/22/2009 8:46:53 PM
LOL When I think of rough sex, two versions come to mind. The first one is her taking it fast and hard.

The second one would be her having all three of her holes drilled at the same time
 BigBee77
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 7:23:38 AM
I like to deliver a balance of both. But before all that, foreplay and mental stimulation is essential. But I agree with Titosmith. It's all about how you time it.
 RUmPsHaKER
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/24/2009 7:07:47 PM
polling is not allowed....shame shame shame

i'm tellin my mommie
 OutMind
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/23/2012 8:03:00 AM
In my survey, women like variety. If all you do is the hammer fest, they then want it slow, if all you do is slow, then they want a hammer fest. I also have to say that every single women I have met, liked and requested the hammer fest.
 Mozzily
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/23/2012 3:30:22 PM
Heck yes, The harder and faster the better. (I have yet to really want slow gentle sex unless the guy is really big and Ive gotta give my kitty some time to streach).
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/23/2012 3:54:26 PM

Sex isnt supposed to be the lovey dovey bull crap. Women are dellusional thinking it should be. Id fall asleep if someone took 2 hrs just of foreplay dear god boring lol

Yes exactly! GMTA
 SexyKG74
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2012 5:49:28 PM
I like both...I think my favorite is soft, sensual foreplay, followed by rough sex. Doggy style is my favorite, with the hair pulling and spanking...especially if my partner uses a metal****ring.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do women really prefer rough sex?