Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > 2 obese children removed from their parents by social services      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LovelySSBBW
Msg: 2
view profile
History
2 obese children removed from their parents by social servicesPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
It sounds unbelievable but it angers me to think that tax payers money are being wasted on people who do not wish to improve their lives.

I am glad the Social Services have for once done the right thing and to be honest, they should sterilise the couple, as they are clearly unable to look after themselves and their children.

The poor darlings never stood a chance with such parents! I hope the newest member of the family stands a better chance in life by being assigned to properly vetted foster parents or given up for adoption.

Condemning your children to a life sentence of pain, illness, loneliness and incapacity is not fair - not fair at all.
 ~Hams~
Msg: 19
view profile
History
2 obese children removed from their parents by social services
Posted: 9/22/2009 3:45:44 PM
It sounds like the social services have done everything they can to help this family.

I find it hard to understand why this woman has been allowed to have so many kids?

It saddens me that these children have grown up with out proper care and guidance.

Now with number 7 on the way the social services had no other choice but to act.

Its good to read that at least on this occassion this profesion has done the right thing.
 LovelySSBBW
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 2:52:59 PM

All just sitting there getting fatter and fatter until one of them has a heart attack and then demands a gastric band op on the NHS, followed by the rest of them. [/quote

They will never get any type of bariatric surgery on the NHS. One of the main conditions of surgery is that you are able to lose weight by controlling your food intake. They usually give you a target to lose something like 20 kilos in two months. If they can't, they won't be considered for surgery. The second equally important condition is that they pass the psychological evaluation which they won't, based on their history so far.

For any overweight person out there thinking of bariatric surgery on the NHS, it is not as easy as you think and weight loss surgery can and will fail if you are not prepared to change your ways radically. The consultants won't put anyone's life at risk (and every surgery carries risks) unless they are convinced the benefits outweigh the risks and that the patient will benefit from surgery long term. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.
 gary2112
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:09:23 PM
i think the problem is .we see on tv everyday about healthy eating .but the price of fruit and veg ,its just amazing .sweet and snacks are cheaper to buy then fruit now day,s,i think its a sad world that we live in .i sit here and juge people .as allways its trail by media and people will allways beleave what they want to ...
 LovelySSBBW
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 9:16:39 AM
There was an interview on BBC Radio 2 this afternoon about this case and the presenter talked to the family's solicitor.

The solicitor said that the money had not been spent but allocated for spending in August.

The newborn will not be removed from his family but will be placed at the At Risk Register and the Social Services will be keeping a close eye to his upbringing.

To be honest, the solicitor sounded as she was going through the moves of protest regarding her clients' treatment because there was no passion in her voice - probably she too disagrees with the state of this family but due to professional reasons she cannot but defend their rights to keep their children.

The option of putting the overweight kids in hospital was also mentioned but it didn't sound viable - sadly I was negotiating some difficult traffic at that moment so missed the gist.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > 2 obese children removed from their parents by social services