Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > are some people non-datable?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnWbooth
Msg: 1
view profile
History
are some people non-datable?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
some people always have a b/f or g/f. even if there different from the last time you saw them. and then some still have one for a very long time.
but there are some who you hardly see with a b/f or g/f. or it takes a long time again for them.
not counting the players types, or commitment phoebiacs, do you see non-datable people and what do you think the main reason may be?
 Timcanpy
Msg: 2
are some people non-datable?
Posted: 9/23/2009 4:38:49 AM
If your in my case, you're just simply not good enough for the entire female race...within that area which honestly sucks.
 MiketheZombie
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/23/2009 4:57:00 AM
There are some people that shouldn't be. These people have extreme trust issues. They go above and beyond to carry that anger from the last relationship to the next.
 cinsav
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/23/2009 5:03:15 AM
Yes. There are people who are simply non-datable.
 clasact
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:05:13 AM

some people always have a b/f or g/f. even if there different from the last time you saw them. and then some still have one for a very long time.

And there are some people who always have a girlfriend/boyfriend just because they always have to have someone in their lives period, and it doesn't matter particularly who.

I don't know if some people aren't date-able and if there are.......barring the types you've already ruled out.....I wouldn't hazard to guess a main reason.
 MizBexReturns
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:26:01 AM
I'm not sure I would use the term undatable, perhaps impossible to please.

I think there are a lot of those type of people.

I also think there are a lot of people who have been out of a relationship so long they have no idea how to be in one anymore. The walking clueless.
 cfb62
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:35:04 AM
Some people may just be very independent and they're happily living their lives.
Why attempt to psychoanalyize it?
 youcantimagine
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:41:23 AM

I'm not sure I would use the term undatable, perhaps impossible to please.

I think there are a lot of those type of people.

**Raises hand...

Guilty as charged.

When women stop expecting bullshit to be a means by which to hold a relationship together, then I'm confident that I will at that point miraculously attain the ability to be pleased.
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 7:08:38 AM
I was the women who always had a husband/boyfriend until 5 years ago.

Now you're lucky if I let you have more than two days of my time.

Shit happens. I'm undatable because I like being a b*tch now. I also don't mind being single. Less work.
 ooooohlala
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/23/2009 7:09:10 AM
from personal experience, the non-datable are the selfish people.
you meet someone... they're really nice and sweet and then after a few months the true colours come out. An ex of mine was so wrapped up in starting his business and doing what he loved, that i wasn't important enough anymore. kind of got the feeling like he felt like he was supposed to be married, or he wouldn't be a "good christian".

some people are just to into themselves to have enough love/caring for another person.
 SoccerNerd78
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:13:53 AM
I propose that people who name themselves after murderers/killers are highly non-datable. Would you agree OP? Does that make sense to you?
 dub08
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:21:05 AM
My friend is in her 30's, attractive and successful but hasn't had a date for years. She seems to give off this 'don't come near me' vibe when we are out though. Don't know if I would say she is undatable I just think she has lost the knack!
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:49:58 AM
Interestingly, OP, it sounds like you think people who ALWAYS have GF/BF are "better".
 creativeIntuitive1
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/23/2009 9:16:27 AM
Everyone is datable when you meet them.. its only after a few weeks do you discover its a cycle for them and that they are indeed... non-datable
 scottey63
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 10:25:06 AM
Some people have a BF or GF just to have one, because they can't fucntion emotionally or maybe even financially without one. And some of us are waiting to meet the RIGHT person to be with. We are the ones who know there are worse things in life than not being attached to someone (like being attached to the WRONG person).
 johnWbooth
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 10:33:35 AM
pretty good answers so far.
i do think one of the best answers i seen was the " people who have been out of a relationship so long they have no idea how to be in one anymore " .
of course any and all are good answers depending on whos circumstances.
could be standards too high, very picky, job, drugs, a number of things. but you still see some of those kind of people in a relationship.

as for me, people have changed so much, or at least people's values did from time ago. i do like a relationship when i am in one. but for the most part, alot of people take them for granted and make it harder than it has to be.
 MizBexReturns
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/23/2009 10:41:02 AM

When women stop expecting bullshit to be a means by which to hold a relationship together, then I'm confident that I will at that point miraculously attain the ability to be pleased.

Hey Scoob, you know BS comes in male flavor too, don't you?
 youcantimagine
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/23/2009 10:53:57 AM

Hey Scoob, you know BS comes in male flavor too, don't you?

Scoob? I hope you're not trying to call me a dog because I have opinions of my own and can be prone to elaborate on them from time to time.
 MizBexReturns
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/23/2009 11:03:27 AM
Ah...no. Would you prefer Chief?

Sensitive much?

You are entitled to your opinions, write what you like, it means nothing to me. Particularly coming from someone who seems to have a vendetta against all women. I do LOVE a blamer.

You seem to think that your undatableness comes from the women YOU have chosen to be with. Did I get that right?
 colt8301
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/23/2009 3:09:49 PM
like some posters said to you, people are different, I told my brother this the other day, some people aren't meet to have S/O, you have to have couples and there have to be single people, just like Happy/Sad, Good/Evil PeanutButter/Jelly, there has to be a balance everybody can't have someone, I'm in the non-datable category I found that out a long time ago, practically in my blood to me it's "Natural Selection" at work.
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:50:29 PM
Most non-datable people can become datable. It's a matter of being able to identify and fix the things that are making them undatable. Unfortunately, this requires a lot of self-honesty in order to lead to self-awareness. This is extremely hard for most people to do since most of us live in varying amounts of denial about the stuff we're not exactly happy with about ourselves.

A very honest friend can also help you indentify these things. But make sure you're asking the right friend. A friend that only tells you what you want to hear will be of no help. However, if you happen to have a friend that is always saying things out loud that everyone else is thinking but would never say (i.e. "wow! what on earth did you do to your hair?"), that would be the ideal person to go to.
 logicalpersonified
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/23/2009 7:38:35 PM
You're only non-datable when you are attempting to date a person who isn't your ideal match. I would never recommend changing yourself or adapting your behavior to suit another. It breeds contempt.

In my opinion there is no such thing as non-datable. As the age old saying goes, "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Most people who believe they are non-datable are probably just independent and do their own thing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
 Singleinlewistonidaho
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/24/2009 1:22:08 AM
I must not be datable. Never had a relationship last longer then 6 months till the last one. It was a year and a half but I suspect she was only with me because she was a head case.

I read people well, I call it like I see it and I don't let people or women in my life snow me. I think that bothers everyone when you feel like you are being seen through.

Mike
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 6:58:25 AM
I find that most people are non-dateable, in that *I* wouldn't date them. Someone else probably would. There may be a few people no-one would date, but that's probably rare - they just need to find the right person to date them.
 NORTY01
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/24/2009 9:33:37 AM
Yes, some people are "non datable", but it's generally by their own choice. Some people substitute animals for people. (You know what I mean.) Others build up walls to insulate themselves from being hurt. Both require couch time if normalcy is desired.

Again, the short answer is, "Yes."
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > are some people non-datable?