Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > False pretences      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stafford_Jim
Msg: 3
view profile
History
False pretencesPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Yes, and unfortunately it also ended our friendship that was bruised but intact after I had broken up with her.

Once I found out she had no intentions of keeping her end of the bargain as a condition of me taking her back I ended it again about 4 months later when I realized things were never going to change.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 4
view profile
History
False pretences
Posted: 9/26/2009 10:55:45 AM
I avoided this by first asking my ex what had changed and then making sure he knew I was dating four guys at the time, that seemed to do the trick because apparently he thought we would magically fix things just by getting back together.

Is this really a question, on top of whatever split things up the first time there is a huge lie, if it were a small lie designed to get me back he would be gone immediately.
 singleagain66
Msg: 8
False pretences
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:20:26 PM
NEVER DATED ANY FEMALE TWICE IN MY LIFE AND NEVER WILL

THEY BECOME AN EX FOR A REASON AND THEY WILL STAY THAT WAY
 girlred228
Msg: 9
view profile
History
False pretences
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:27:13 PM
I think people get back together all the time and it works... but I think many people rush into the relationships and not resolve the issues that caused the breakup... and that is where the problem lies.. not that people can;t do it.. but people are afraid to look at what is wrong with themselves.. looking in the mirror I would say... afraid to be who they are... so they manipulate to get what they want only to lose it again because it was not built on anything geuine and real..
 Udahchica
Msg: 12
False pretences
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:48:02 PM
I have always regretted going back to an ex. ALWAYS. Never once have I said "Oh wow I am sooo happy I did that."
 barbee1970
Msg: 18
False pretences
Posted: 9/26/2009 3:02:46 PM
I see those rebound relationships are no good. Give someone a 2nd chance and I get SOS--same old sht. It happens every time.

False pretense? Of course they ALWAYS say they changed --NOT!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > False pretences