Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  > Beware! I met a Psycho on here      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 serendipity3030
Msg: 1
Beware! I met a Psycho on herePage 1 of 1    
So. After messaging a little back and forth, I finally caved in and called someone from this site. I blocked my number when I called him. We talked for a little bit...he seemed normal.
We ended up talking later on that night (my number still being blocked)

A night later I figured that it wouldn't hurt to text him.
Thats when the problem started.
He now had my number.

I found out that he was lying about basically everything that he said. He claimed he was a Detroit Lions Football player (he USE to be, not anymore). He claimed that he was still on the team but that he recently got hurt (he got hurt YEARS ago)
little things didnt add up and I bailed QUICK.
Then he ended up messaging me on here and saying some pretty insane/borederline psycho things....including some "address" that he through out at me...basically saying that he knew where I was. The address wasn't the actual address of where I was, but within blocks of the place.
Seriously. Anyone else met any freaks on here?
 ripley65
Msg: 2
Beware! I met a Psycho on here
Posted: 9/28/2009 5:09:02 AM
It just amazes me when i read stories such as yours! Granted, ive only met 2 men from here (aside from meeting some at POF parties) and never had a problem. Even the emails i get are nice ones. Never had anyone get weird yet. lol Got a question for ya tho: How did you find out he was lying about the the football thing (and about being hurt)?

I dont know what county you live in, but in my county, we can access court records online for free (you need a first and last name tho), and ive done that a few times with people from here and from another site. One guy (from here) was really nice in his emails. No creepy feelings about him whatsoever, but since i had his first and last name, i looked him up and woahhh,,,he had 4 counts of Domestic Violence against him and one was a felony (he also served time). You just never know about people!!
 michkat57
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/28/2009 1:11:24 PM
i haven't met anyone from here freakier than i...lol, so i guess i'm safe

hey ripadoodles...hugs g/f

i've seriously met more freaks in the everyday world than on this site...everyone that i've met from here has been totally great, men and women alike...never hurts to be careful...there has been a few times that someone wanted to meet me and i suggested a pof event in lieu of a one on one type..."all" informed me that they hated big crowds, so jeez i knew right off they weren't for a social butterfly such as myself
 A79Bruin
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/28/2009 8:04:39 PM
hey rip .. what is the site addy that you have been using to check out these people .. could u email it to me ...
 ripley65
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/29/2009 5:15:43 AM
OP...i forgot about this till now but i did actually meet a freak once but it was from a chat site ...not a singles site. I 'met' this guy via chat and he talked me into a spontaneous meet (for that day). At first i said no way.... but then i thought, what the hell,,be spontaneous for once like he says so i agreed. We met in my town along the waterfront park. Long story short, he ended up masterbating while we were having a nice, normal chit chat sitting in our lawn chairs!! This happened a few years back and i really can laugh about it now. lol Whatta freak tho!!

Katadoodle doo,,,,,,,,bigggggggg ol hugs gf!!! Btw, SeptMoon sent me some pics from her B-day party and awwww you and Bentley look so happy!!

Bruin gf....you got mail.
 michkat57
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/29/2009 7:39:47 AM
^^^^^oh my gosh...i met a guy like that back in the 1800's when i was in my 20's...took me to eat and was masterbating under the table, lol, jeez wonder if it was his uncle or something

awww thanks rip...he's a great guy...

wierdos...the reason i always needed a minute to chat it up before meeting...the flakes always show their crunch before too long
 ystarre
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/29/2009 3:23:59 PM
hey Kat, 1800's ?? lol
 michkat57
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/29/2009 8:57:41 PM
oh my yvonne girl...i wish jerry and i could've made it earlier for miss moons party...you guys going to the halloweenie party?...jimski and steph always throw a good one...maybe we can drag some of the "wild bunch" with us

i think we should be able to say right out in the forums if we meet a crazy...it's not allowed to mention any names...buttttt...could save a lot of bs...the crazies should go with other crazies, that way everyone's happy...yet in the case of a near rape or a honest to goodness azzhole, or a female stalker, which one of my male friends have told me about...should be able to warn others...just saying
 RDtoo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2009 8:57:53 PM
An incident like this does not surprise me. Sites like this are "tailor made" for weirdos. I have even seen kooks at the POF parties. They are usually sitting off by theirself watching everything going on. If I were a woman on here I would be suspicious of any sign of anti-social behavior.
 FlakesNoMore
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/1/2009 9:37:40 PM
why is everyone giving the guys all the hell about this , I know more than a few psycho botichs that do put some sick guys to shame , the crazys are in both genders
 Applications filed here!
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/4/2009 5:46:49 PM
Hey, here here for the lady freaks...met one on here and she got pissed at me and started writing nasty comments on my profile for everyone to see. Someone who looked at my profile told me about it or I wouldn't have known until the next time I looked at my profile to update it.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/5/2009 3:08:11 PM
Like anything else in dating this is still dater beware, and that goes for the blind date friends set you up with, that man/woman sitting at the end of the bar, or dating sites like these. Always VALIDATE-VALIDATE-VALIDATE anything anyone tells you on here.

Even then there are no guarantees. If you hit the creepo jackpot don't suffer in silence, let people know. C-o-c-k-roaches hate the spotlight and will usually scurry for cover back in the shadows if you let them.
 MiOutdoorsman
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:45:05 PM
serendipity3030, Sorry to hear about this weirdo..... Its not just this site or any site it can happen without a site. Ppppppsycho's can be found any where. At least you found out as soon as you did. I talked to a lady who met a guy on another site and dated for almost 8 mo and she broke it off with him. He stalked her and threatened her. Harrassed her family and even tried to steal her dog. She says he is in jail for 2 years.

Its hard to be sure, but dont let this one weirdo stop you from trying to find a good guy.......
 single terri
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/6/2009 5:07:31 AM
i am horrified. how does a person go out on a meet and masturbate? i mean, wth???
 Karess1960
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/5/2009 1:52:21 AM
I definitely recommend using those free offender tracking sites if you get their full name. But whatever you do.. don't tell them that you looked them up if you find nothing on them. Some actually totally freak out to learn you did that.

A guy I attended high school with contacted me here a while back. We talked on the phone at length several times and made plans to get together. I knew who he was back then but only from a distance as he hung out with fellow jocks while I was a Thespian, so I never even made his acquaintance back then plus it's been over 30 fricken years since high school. I ran his name through OTIS and although it came back with nothing I made the mistake of mentioning during a phone call with him that I ran his name through OTIS. He was totally spooked and offended. No more calls, texts, emails, and he didn't even respond to my text's inquiring about our planned meet for the next day. Needless to say I didn't bother going to meet him where we had planned.

He texted me many many weeks later with an apology for getting all spooked. Too little and too late though. His reaction, ignorant disappearing act, and inability to at least out of common courtesy let me know that our plans for the next day were off totally spooked me. Regardless that we attended the same high school together over 30 years ago, he was no less of a total stranger to me than anyone else on this site. I still don't feel I did anything wrong.. except for my letting him know that I ran the check on him. I really didn't expect him to take it the way he did. Perhaps he did have a prior record and somehow it got expunged or something.. gawd only knows why he got so geeked.

It wouldn't bother me a bit to learn someone I was talking to from here looked my name up at such a site, but then again.. I have nothing to hide.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/5/2009 2:57:46 AM
^^^ Also beware of false positives. I was going to meet a woman lawyer at B&N years ago for a coffee date but she never showed. It was only the second time in my whole life I was ever stiffed???

I contacted her afterward to ask what gives and she gave me some story about her ex calling right before the meeting, begging her to go out with him again. She said old feelings resurfaced so she didn't think it appropriate meeting me under the circumstances.

I only found out later she checked my first/last name through court records and turned up some personal protection order against me decades ago from what looked like an ex-wife.

Ah, two big problems.

I've never been married, nor ever been in court for the offense she said I was charged with. I've only been in court twice, in fact—both traffic accident-related where I was found in the right. Once going through an intersection that had a green light and being hit by a woman making a turn in a blind spot, and once coming home from work and being hit by a kid cutting in front of me to make a quick turn into a mall parking lot.

I then did the same search and indeed found my name in the court record, but saw some huge discrepancies. The guy's middle initial was different and lived in a city I never have. I'm sure the guy wasn't even the same age. Obviously, the quickest way to verify mistaken identity was by comparing photos, but neither she nor I have that kind of access or can find a pic of this jerk on the net.

It was very frustrating to "know" she has me mixed up with someone else but unable to prove it to her satisfaction. So, even with background checks, make sure you have the "same" person.
 single terri
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/5/2009 4:43:31 AM
even companies can make that mistake. i have a friend, and she applied for a job where i work. she was just about a shoe-in. she never got the job. several months later, at lunch with my supervisor, i asked him why my friend was never hired. he told me that my friend had a record. i was shocked. i later told my friend the reason why and she was horrified. turns out, there is a person with the exact name with a criminal record, and i think it was for shoplifting type crimes. i am sure there must be some way to get around this. i told her she needs to reveal this mistaken identity to future employers. if they have a social security number, i am sure it can be resolved, but i am not sure how much information employers input when doing a background check. she is now wondering if her efforts to obtain employment have been linked to this discovery!! she is employed now, thankfully, but what a nasty surprise!!!
 Karess1960
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/5/2009 8:51:12 AM
You can stalk me anytime Jeff, I won't take out a PPO against you (ha ha)

with background checks, make sure you have the "same" person

Oh yes - definitely - do not rely just on name alone when running someone's name through the free online offender tracking information system. It gives race, birthdate, height, weight, eye color, hair color, identifying marks even such as birthmarks, scars, tattoos ..and even missing digits (if any) making you more able to determine if you have the right person or not before writing them off as risky or undesirable.

Only one time did someone's name that I ran show anything, but unfortunately "sexual offender" (soliciting a minor via the internet to meet) was his offense and it was clearly him as it had his picture. It also mentioned he was missing the tip of a certain finger on one of his hands, which I was not aware of. Not that I needed to.. but all I did was ask, "are you missing the tip of one of your fingers?" and he knew immediately where I had learned that bit of information and that I knew of his conviction. The information at the tracking site also stated that part of his parole was to NOT be on the internet in chatrooms, etc. I made his acquaintance however in a chatroom
 motownmaniax
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/5/2009 8:57:15 AM
No fear, Patty. I ran my name through OTIS and nothing came up. If there's an imposter out there he never made it into the state system...lol.
 steve2236
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/5/2009 9:17:20 AM
Have met several psychos on this and other sites, one was a stalker and a couple wanted to get married while we were still in the chatting online stage. Don't rush into any relationship, take your time!
 LadyDancingAlone
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:31:55 AM
I was pulled over once, and the police officer asked me if there was any reason I knew of that I'd have a warrant out for my arrest in this town across the state. I was baffled, I had never been to that town (at that time didn't even know where it was).

Thank goodness I live in a small town, he sent me home with the contact information for that city's court.

Later that evening, the officer called to apologize; turns out it was another woman, our names were the same, our DOB was off by one digit. When he looked closer and verified SSN he caught the mistake.

That experience completely freaked me out - I could have been arrested, my daughter left sitting in some police station waiting for social services and my car towed, all because a report was misread.

I try to verify information of the people that contact me, and they are welcome to verify mine in return. But I do not assume that just because I didn't find anything there is nothing to find. Face it, if the police can make a mistake like that, I doubt that I can do any better.

I like to believe most people are nice and trustworthy, unfortunately those few who aren't make it important for all of the rest of us to be cautious. Anyone who doesn't appreciate this is living in a fantasy world.
 mrkaye
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/27/2018 9:49:57 AM
In the few years I have been on here I have had men who pose as women online show up for dates. Since then I only will meet someone after I have talked to them on the phone.

Way too may games and damaged people on sites like this. One has to be very careful and aware.
 magnet_3
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 4:58:57 PM
Haha. I have sat by myself at the parties, but I am a woman, quite shy and sometimes even socially awkward especially in new situations with new people. Lol.

I gave out my # once to a guy on here. He seemed really nice so after we talked for a while and had a lot in common I gave in. I was working a lot at the time (genuinely, not lying, lol) and I didn’t get very good cell service at work. I worked a long shift and had a long drive home.. 11 hours total. He freaked out because I hadn’t texted him all day (we hadn’t even met yet!) he also told me that I needed to grow up and to go die.
Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  > Beware! I met a Psycho on here