Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how to let him down easy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Write Time
Msg: 4
view profile
History
how to let him down easyPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
If you've both agreed there's no connection, then it sounds like the hard part is over. You've acknowledged the problem. Now sit down and work out the solution -- when he's going to move.

Then figure out what lessons you've learned to prevent this from happening again.

Nothing wrong with making mistakes about "the one," but you don't want to make the same one twice.
 Steve Enn
Msg: 6
view profile
History
how to let him down easy
Posted: 9/28/2009 5:31:23 AM
^ I'm with her, just be straight up, to the point and try not to be nasty about it.

simples.
 SleepyMcGee
Msg: 8
view profile
History
how to let him down easy
Posted: 9/28/2009 6:28:13 AM
Take all emotion out of it. Explain logically and matter of factly why he has to move out. It's your house and you don't want him there anymore. Give him time to find a new place, say a week or two, document this and if he doesn't use the time to find somewhere new, kick him out. Make sure you are very clear that you want him out or he can claim you were joking or were speaking vaguely.
 tgif2005
Msg: 10
view profile
History
how to let him down easy
Posted: 9/28/2009 7:01:41 AM
If he didn't sign anything, then he was just a guest in your house/apartment. He is now an unwanted guest and technically a trespasser - you said " he has to move out". Give him a firm deadline. Ask him to leave (a mere verbal request is sufficient) or be forcibly evicted.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 13
how to let him down easy
Posted: 9/28/2009 7:47:41 AM
OP: I don't think there's an easy way of handling this. Just sit down and have a heart-to-heart (put the "cards" on the table).

Good luck!
 daynadaze
Msg: 19
view profile
History
how to let him down easy
Posted: 9/28/2009 4:54:29 PM
He lives there, does he pay rent? How long has he lived there? I don't know the laws in Canada but he may well have as much right to stay as you do. You might want to make sure first that you can just kick him out. And if you do kick him out, set it down in writing, how much time he has to move, etc., and get him to sign it.
 Applette
Msg: 22
view profile
History
how to let him down easy
Posted: 9/28/2009 6:07:03 PM
Silly woman ... he is waiting for you to move out!
 Stormwolf
Msg: 25
view profile
History
how to let him down easy
Posted: 9/29/2009 12:46:56 PM

I got brave and told him. He said he can be out in 2 days.

Let me guess where? His NEW girlfriends house!!
 BowLove
Msg: 31
You can't let him down easy,: (
Posted: 10/2/2009 1:59:00 PM
I sugest lay down Bubble wrap & lots of cotton balls

" If you wake up in a small red room ,with no windows or door,
Do Not PANIC , You are just in my heart ! ! ! "

_____xxxxxxxx________xxxxxxxx
____xxxxxxxxxx______xxxxxxxxxxx
___xxxxxxxxxxxxx___xxxxxxxxxxxxx
___xxxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
___xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
____xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
_____xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
______xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
_________xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
___________xxxxxxxxxxxxx
_____________xxxxxxxxx
______________xxxxxx
_______________xxxx
_______________xxx
______________xx
_____________x
___________x

Bow
canikissyoubaby@aol.com

" A friend Loves at all times ..." Proverbs 17;17
 aliveone1
Msg: 32
view profile
History
how to let him down easy
Posted: 10/2/2009 8:15:14 PM
OK, I've got it! Why don't you wait until you've already got a replacement for him to take over his half of the rent with no awkward financial difficulty transition phase. Then introduce the new guy, and say he's moving in, but...awww...there will be no room for all three of you! OK, obviously kidding. I don't think there is any way to make it easy for him, but I'm sure that you can think of something a little less hurtful then the before-mentioned scenario. Better say something, don't delay.
 aliveone1
Msg: 33
view profile
History
how to let him down easy
Posted: 10/2/2009 8:17:41 PM
oh, I just read the update. Good job. Nice and snappy.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 34
how to let him down easy
Posted: 10/2/2009 8:25:56 PM
UGH I had a guy move in with me...like after dating me for three weeks, he literally loaded all his stuff up and moved right into my house! I about had a heart attack! He was all in love and crap, and I was like, uh dude, you need to go!

He was nice, he did stuff around the house, he worked, he was nice to my daughter, he would literally grab the bills out of the mailbox before I got home and pay them. But I did not want him there! I'll pay my own bills, thank you very much!

So after telling him in every way possible to get the hell out, I finally went to the hardware store, got new doorlocks and a ton of Hefty bags, changed the locks, and put all his shit on the front lawn.

My daughter went to the neighbor's and watched, actually she videotaped it, because it really was a total scene. I was in the house, all locked up tight. He tried the key, then knocked, then hollered, then cried, then got pissed, then finally put all his crap in his truck, but not before calling my MOTHER on his cell phone, who in turn called me, laughing, asking me what the heck was going on.

The neighborhood got entertained that day. Hmmm...I think I still have that videotape somewhere...we played it over and over again at parties when we'd get tipsy. It's fricken hilarious.

Sorry, but I told him to move out. He should have listened. My horns hold up my halo.
 RUmPsHaKER
Msg: 37
how to let him down easy
Posted: 10/3/2009 12:54:58 PM
tell him that you and your ex are getting back together and that he's moving back in on Tuesday with all his shyt......

that should work.....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how to let him down easy