Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > OK I just have to ask      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 susan_cd
Msg: 2
OK I just have to askPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Strange that she:

a) claims to have forgiven him ( then why make it public in the first place???)

and

b) releases the claim after he's died so he can't rebut her claims

Maybe it did happen, but her timing the release of the claim is curious....
 big ass fans
Msg: 3
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 9/28/2009 4:01:41 PM
steinbach?....................................
 susan_cd
Msg: 7
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 9/29/2009 8:26:49 AM

it never ceases to amaze me how the mother will always deny and defend the spouse

We know it does happen, there's lots of sickos out there, and when it does happen it's wrong but : if the mother DOESN'T deny it then it must have happened, and if the mother DOES deny it she's lying???

Maybe we should reserve judgement until Mckenzie's father can comment on or refute her claims... oh wait, we can't--- she didn't go public with it til after he died.
 big ass fans
Msg: 8
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 9/29/2009 12:47:33 PM
ex wife was sexually abused by her older brother for at least two years........when it was brought to light her parents insisted she forgive him or he might kill himself...........his biggest regret was now he wouldn't be able to persue a career in politics............seems like a natural.............and for counselling the local church would do as no legal requirement back then to report to the police.............here's the kicker, her sister in law was training for social work and didn't say anything so as to keep the peace in the family[ read cover up]...........btw , if your child is in the river east transcona school division , she is/was a social worker there, at least last knowledge i know of..........here's another kicker, after the family found out about the transgressions of the past, they were coole towards him for about ayear,,,,,,,course money is a powerful thing and he has lots, so guess what, mr popular agin............funny how the biggest god boosters seem to have the biggest secrets..............
 susan_cd
Msg: 9
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 9/29/2009 2:09:51 PM

here's the kicker, her sister in law was training for social work and didn't say anything so as to keep the peace in the family[ read cover up]

You're forgetting thatwhenit happens to people on assistance/low income workers etc it's "a terrible thing but what can you expect from THOSE types of people" but when it happens to upper class or people with educations etc then "well, these things happen..".

course money is a powerful thing and he has lots, so guess what, mr popular agin

worked for MJ

funny how the biggest god boosters seem to have the biggest secrets.

That's because if they get caught they can ask god to forgive them, and their families will forgive them cause the bible says to
 big ass fans
Msg: 10
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 9/29/2009 3:17:20 PM
yea sue .but, as a social worker in traing i am sure she would have been required by law to report it.......other points i agree on ........so if someone from steinbach says to me " i love you like a brother", should i worry?...........course it has been awhile so maybe things are looking up?............
 LucOberdere
Msg: 13
view profile
History
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 9/29/2009 8:55:06 PM

I forgive both of you for your generalizations because you are entitled to your own opinions...and because the Bible says I should

Ah, but only if they ask for forgiveness. From what I recall anyway...

On topic: Mackenzie Phillips - she's hawt!

LOL
 susan_cd
Msg: 15
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 9/29/2009 10:27:55 PM

I do hope that Mackenzie has been able to forgive her father.

She says she forgave him while at his deathbed. That's fine but why did she feel the need to tell the public she forgives him? Shouldn't that be a personal thing between the 2 of them?
 LucOberdere
Msg: 17
view profile
History
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 9/30/2009 7:57:03 PM

the forgiveness part.....it's for the benefit of the one doing the forgiving....

I know. Believe me I know... just tryin' to get things stirred up around here. Kind of bored these days.

Ok. Seriously? This whole thing that happened to MP really actualy sickens me to be honest. As for the motives of her bringing it out into the open, my thoughts (IMHO) are that it will help her get past the final step of her rehabilitation - both with the incest and with her drug habit which probably (almost certainly) are pretty closely tied together.

susan_cd
Msg: 18
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 9/30/2009 8:42:42 PM

As for the motives of her bringing it out into the open, my thoughts (IMHO) are that it will help her get past the final step of her rehabilitation - both with the incest and with her drug habit which probably (almost certainly) are pretty closely tied together

Yup. Probably won't hurt sales of her new book either.
 RacerM95
Msg: 19
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 9/30/2009 8:43:33 PM
The reason she has let this dirty little secret out, is simple....... Sell More Books !
 big ass fans
Msg: 23
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/1/2009 1:28:34 PM
so, how about that roman polanski and the celebs rallying round him?.........
 haywiresue
Msg: 24
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/1/2009 5:23:44 PM
I have given this "coming out" so to speak little regard, and have just tossed the info onto the pile of screwed up celebs who have moral issues, abuse issue, self esteem issues and appear to strive towards personal destruction. Its a shame that McKenzie Phillips like many other child stars with famous parents could not grow up without problems or addictions. Being famous sells and when dirt can be uncovered, the media puts on its big red nose and parades people around the big ring of their media circus. I people don't buy the tabloids, they would soon be out of business.

I feel very sorry for any child that has been molested/raped by an adult, regardless of their social position, fame or income level. As a parent, I am saddend that children are not protected and parents can/do harm their children.

I believe that McKenzie may have needed the time since her fathers death to deal with this issue, as she might have been afraid of her dad to confront him while he was alive. Pedophiles have a way of making the children they molest bear the responsibility for their inappropriate actions. She may have spent the years since her dad's death trying to stop the drug abuse and deal with her childhood with the help of therapists. Unless we are directly involved in what was going on, I don't think its appropriate to pass any kind of judgement, on McKenzie or other children who have been victims of any kind of abuse - physical or sexual.
 susan_cd
Msg: 25
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/1/2009 7:41:17 PM

how the mother will always deny and defend the spouse. Sick!!

I'm not speaking of this case but generally.

If someone accuses their father of this & the mother doesn't deny & defend her spouse he must be guilty... but if she DOES deny & defend her spouse he must be guilty & she's lying??????

Sometimes ( especially with "represed memories" cases) rhe abuse didn't happen; what would you suggest the mother do if she can't deny it because she'd be accused of lying and if she doesn't deny it he's deemed guilty?
 susan_cd
Msg: 26
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/1/2009 7:43:51 PM
WHY would you choose to not believe her..

Dunno about anyone else but I never said I don't believe her ( I wasn't there so I don't know if it happened or not)... I've said I find the timing of her going public a bit odd ( or perhaps convenient is a better term, considering she has a book coming out now).

And if someone chooses to believe her or not it won't effect the truth of whether it happened or not. Believing something doesn't make it true, just as not believing something doesn't make it untrue.
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 29
view profile
History
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/1/2009 8:32:32 PM
You otta move to the Yukon - that's all.
 haywiresue
Msg: 34
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/2/2009 11:41:53 AM
"Consentual incest" as McKenzie described her relationship with her dad, shows just how messed up this woman is. I can't imagine a victim carrying that burden. This is still incest and molestation/rape as she was a minor when this appeared to happen. I'm sorry, but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its still a duck, and calling it "consentual incest" is like putting a pair of sunglasses on a duck and calling it a swan.
 big ass fans
Msg: 35
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/2/2009 12:16:20 PM
so if incest is sex between family members of blood, what if two children seperated at a young age find each other as mates later on in life without knowing they are related..........what is the law then?...........between adopted children?.......adoptive parents and children?......would any of this be described as consensual incest?..........as for polanski, seems he did good for himself and others during the time he wasn't incarcersated...........maybe when charged with doing something , instead of throwing the book at someone, give em a few years to better themselves and others and if succesful, drop the charges?................not saying he should get off for what he did but maybe his life's story would be an example to a different kind of rehab.........after all , he hasn't had legal trouble since has he?................
 susan_cd
Msg: 38
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/13/2009 10:37:50 PM

Now you got that other "creep" Roman Polanski, who raped and sodomised a 13 year old girl and ran away to France and lived out his life making more money and films.. He finally gets caught attending a film festival in Europe and now a few well known names in Hollywood are thinking the charges should be dropped after so many years!

And Whoopi Goldberg had the most ludicrous statement made about Polanski's actions :

Whioopi Goldberg:

I know it wasn't rape-rape... All I'm trying to get you to understand, is when we're talking about what someone did, and what they were charged with, we have to say what it actually was not what we think it was...

Initially he was charged with rape, and then he pled guilty to having sex with a minor, okay. And then he went to jail, and when they let him out, he said "you know what, this guy's going to give me a hundred years in jail, I'm not staying." And that's why he left...

What we were talking about was what he did, and that's what I wanted to clear up, and that's all I wanted to clear up. 'Cause I don't like it when we're passionate about something and we don't have all the facts...

We're a different kind of society. We see things differently. The world sees 13 year olds and 14 year olds in the rest of Europe... not everybody agrees with the way we see things...
 susan_cd
Msg: 40
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/15/2009 8:47:58 AM
After some thought I had togo back to the Whoopi Goldberg quote.

We're a different kind of society. We see things differently. The world sees 13 year olds and 14 year olds in the rest of Europe... not everybody agrees with the way we see things...

By saying this, she seems to be brushing off Polanski's actions by saying different countries & cultures have different views & opinions on what is and isn't appropriate behaviour, and thatit isn't right for us to judge him by American standards......

OK fair enough, she's entitled to her opinion. BUT I wonder if she also feels that the old apartheid system in South Africa was OK becasue that was the white culture's view in that country ?
 arturo_bandini
Msg: 42
view profile
History
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/16/2009 4:20:48 AM
Butt-f*cking a 'luded up 13 year old is wrong no matter what your cultural background is. It's comments like Whoopi Goldberg's that make conservatives think that all liberals endorse this kind of shit.
 susan_cd
Msg: 43
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/16/2009 8:52:15 AM
Makes me wonder if there's a list available of the celebrities that are supporting Polanski; to make it easier for us to boycott their movies, concerts, TV shows etc etc..

Did a quick search on the net & found a couple celebes that are supporting him. Penelope Cruz is one, so is Woody Allen..

Woody Allen??? Big surprise there LOL.... he's probably telling Polanski that Polanski's only mistake was in not adopting the girl before molesting her....
 HSV kitty
Msg: 44
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/24/2009 11:59:52 PM
Msg: 12....Mackenzie Phillips has had a lot of drug problems”

Well, yes she did and it is a well known fact her father helped her do her first drugs and left them on the table after parties for her. He also wrote about that in his tell all book. Mackenzie also told her sister Chynna about the incest in 1997. She went public to help other victims heal.

Msg: 35 ... “instead of throwing the book at someone, give em a few years to better themselves and others and if succesful, drop the charges?”

That is how the system works if you are a young person who still does not know right from wrong; you are often given a second chance. In lesser charges for adults, it is also the case as community service and restrictions can replace jail time. Do you want the drugging and raping of a 13 year old to be dropped because he fled his charges? The punishment has to suit the crime and his self imposed exile doesn't do it.

Have you read the transcripts about what Polanski did to that girl? The man thought he was above the law, until he was caught. He had no remorse. It should be considered inexcusable by everyone, not just women with children who can relate because we have children we care about. (That excludes Whoopi and Woody...)

Msg: 37 ... “If she was 19 when it started he wouldn't be a pedophile would he”

Ummm, she was 19 and it was the first time she remembered. Do you really believe it was the first time? She awoke in a stupor as he was screwing her. Regardless, are you saying rape and incest is somehow more forgivable or better then being called a pedophile? I have no doubt she was groomed and given drugs for this purpose since she was 11 and that he screwed her many times before sex at 19. She spoke on another show of waking with no panties or in his bed. She just couldn’t remember what had happened.
 HSV kitty
Msg: 46
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/25/2009 1:25:20 PM
Which side would I like to take? Many men like to hide their desires because they are out of the main stream. Most people like it that way because we want sex to be an issue for discussion between the parties. We have laws that help to keep the children out of the picture, because we know that the trauma of being sexulaized and used by a trusted adult stays with that person forever and can trigger sexual deviancy from that point on and continue the cycle. That is not a debateable issue, although some pedophiles would have you believe otherwise. Whether Mackenzie Phillips is lying was the question and that we can debate.
 HSV kitty
Msg: 47
OK I just have to ask
Posted: 10/25/2009 1:36:58 PM
Sorry about 2 posts in a row, but this one is some points to ponder.

There is a club of celebrities that has been around for a very long time. It appears that Woody Allen, John Houston, Orson Wells and Roman Polanski and many others had more in common then producing movies and power and liked to talk secretly about their OTHER passions. Their eclectic movie styles may have more to do with their actual life styles and desires then just placing murderous, drug addicted and sexual deviants on the big screen. That last part is conjecture, but discussions were overheard, child prostitutes procured for parties (their own children offered too) and real life events played out in the press in Polanski’s and Allen’s case, show there is some validity.

For instance, art imitates life when Roman Polanski had Rosemary (Mia Farrow) drugged and then raped by Lucifer for their mutual benefit in Rosemary’s baby. In Chinatown the wicked incestuous father is none other then John Houston. In reality, the Black Dahlia murder case of the 1947 inspired the writing of the movie Chinatown. The murderer is rumoured to be Doctor Hodel, a Hollywood doctor who partied/played Doctor with the elite and allegedly offered his 14 year daughter to some of them whilst also using her himself. How strange that the daughter of Doctor Holdel is great friends with Michelle Phillips, Mackenzie’s stepmom? Remember Manson murders? Roman Polanksi became convinced that John Phillips had masterminded the murder of his wife and her friends in retribution for Polanski's own affair with Michelle Phillips. The same Michelle Phillips has denied John Phillips could have been incestuous to his daughter and called Mackenzie a liar. What a tangled web!

With fame comes money and power and obviously a feeling of being above society and its laws. 14 days after the incest trial of Dr holdel, he was a suspect in the murder of Elizabeth Short (the Black Dahlia) and Jeanne French (who share d a P.O. box with him) but the accuser was suddenly removed from the case and Dr Hodel fled the country. Gosh that sounds familiar ... Hollywood elite being unable to distinguish what is a crime and how it should be punished or how they can get away with it and if not, pay to have it all go away before the charges stick.

A quote from Roman Polanski:
"If I had killed somebody, it wouldn't have had so much appeal to the press, you see?" he told Martin Amis in a 1979 interview. "But... f..king, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to f..k young girls. Juries want to f..k young girls. Everyone wants to f..k young girls!" Does that sound remorseful and like a man who would refrain from doing it again?
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > OK I just have to ask