Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Did the Police fail to prevent abuse victim commiting suicide?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~Hams~
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Did the Police fail to prevent abuse victim commiting suicide?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I've been reading the sad story about this poor lady who was the victim
of anti social behaviour for more than 10 years by a gang of local yobs in her village

Despite calling the police for help over 30 times nobody ever came out to help her
and in the end things got so bad she killed herself and her daughter who was 18
but had a mental age of 3 by burning themselves to death in their car in a country lane

She was just told to just close her curtains and that her abusers would soon get bored.

At her inquest a senior officer said their hands were tied and they couldnt have done
anymore to help the victim as it might have turned the youths into hardened criminals

Did the police fail this woman by preventing her being terrorised by these scumbags?

Shouldn't they accept some level of responsibility for what happened here?
 badge73
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Did the Police fail to prevent abuse victim commiting suicide?
Posted: 9/29/2009 5:22:09 AM
Despite calling the police for help over 30 times nobody ever came out to help her
and in the end things got so bad she killed herself and her daughter who was 18
but had a mental age of 3 by burning themselves to death in their car in a country lane

one wonders if the complaints were about a racist slant, there would of been 30 calls BUT due to the pc brigade, it seems ok to slate a disabled girl and mother, think of anything which could be deemed racist in there eyes and you would get a visit of the council, police and government soon enough!

maybe the families concerned can get councilling via euro disney, but as its tax payers money better make it florida eh?
 ~Hams~
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2009 8:14:52 AM
Not only that, but other reports give the address also and with the powers out there that could use this information to inflict there own torment on the tormentors...

Whilst I'd love to see these scumbags have a great amount of pain inflicted on them

Retaliating with violence is not the answer.

These animals need to be named and shamed in all the national papers and on TV.

Lets see there ugly faces on the front of big billboards so we know who they are also.

They will be so scared to go out in public they will know how this poor lady felt cowering behind her curtains.

I'm sick and tired hearing about yobs like this who bring shame to our great country.

Jo van
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/29/2009 8:20:54 AM
Yes, I think the police and other agencies have failed this poor woman and her daughter, over a long period.

Others have touched on the role of her neighbours, and "society"

I'm sure there are people here who will claim I am a fully paid-up member of the "PC Brigade" that's been mentioned. AS I've said, I prefer to think of it as polite, but whatever....

I have made three citizen's arrests so far, and I'll probably do it again, although I've been warned I'll get stabbed eventually!

The little shits who do this sort of stuff are cowards, and only get away with it because people are too afraid to intervene.
The last one, when I had my shop, was when two of the little darlings decided to throw a beer bottle off the roof of a two storey building into the service yard where I was sitting having my morning cuppa. The bottle smashed (Vaporised would be more accurate!) about 10 feet from a woman at the back of another unit!
I didn't intend to make an arrest, I approached them to make them realise what a dumb thing that was. But they just started giving me lip (Big lads, of about 16). So I grabbed the one I could catch, dragged him into the newsagent's and told him to call the police.
While I held him, struggling, kicking and spitting, his mate was on the mobile, calling for reinforcements, including their "champion", Dwane. When the first wave arrived, they swaggered up, about 6 of them, and demanded "what are you doing to our mate?" (Charlie, who by now was crying!) I just said "I'm a fookin paedophile, now fcuk off"
And they thought better of it, and said "fair enough" and left!
When Dwane arrived, wearing his maroon school sweatshirt with badge! He charged me, but just bounced off! I told him it wasn't his fight, and to leave it, but he tried to hit me with a lottery sign, which separated into two parts, as he tried, he then picked up the heavy base part and swung it again, but just as he did so a woman stepped from behind me (we were in the doorway) and caught it right in the stomach! Just at that moment, the police arrived from both ends of the shops, and arrested Dwane, Charlie, and the other one. While all this was taking place, despite being heavily outnumbered, holding the screaming Charlie in one hand and fighting his mate with the other, not one person came to help me, despite a crowd of about 30 onlookers, and this all lasted about 20 minutes in broad daylight in a shopping center, and there was a lot of noise from Charlie!
I was charged with assault! But the CPS looked at it, there were many witnesses, I had only used "appropriate force" and the case was dropped. All their dads came to see me over the next few days, and they were all fine, and grateful that I'd stepped in. Charlie's dad, (The kid I held) was a Detective Sargeant in the police!

You don't have to put up with shit from these little kids, the neighbours should have stood together, I'm not advocating vigilantism but more people should step-up.
If you wait for the police, sometimes that's too late...
Put the fear in them, that's how it was when I grew up, it still works.
They all came to see me (sent by their parents) and apologised, and were very respectful after that, we became friends!
 monty336
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2009 2:34:49 PM
if these feral kids were vehicles with no road tax, their feet wouldnt touch the ground they would have had instant fine and carted off to compound, if i had my way i would a short stay cells round them up 24 hr in a cell,if they vandalise the cell keep them in and charge them, , they could use a storage warehouse with mini cells, they would soon get fed up of the mini lock ups, this is full circle in 2 years time another case will hit the headlines , and mps will say the same comments and still do nowt
 Warrencraig
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2009 5:55:11 PM

And why should the woman have been re-housed? That's just giving in to the bullies. It's the bullies that should have been kicked out of their houses!

Sadly its often cheaper and simpler for the authoritys to move the victim especially where theres more than one abuser/bully as it just becomes unacheivable to stop a group of the little sh*ts!!!

Its the same in many schools as well sadly!! even if you removed one of the bullys, all his/her mates would pick up where he left off. Sadly schools just dont have the staff for adequate supervision during breaks etc.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Did the Police fail to prevent abuse victim commiting suicide?