Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
LOL! Now, please...don't give me any of this football nonsense, 'cause we already know how all you sportfan Michigan neighbors feel. This thread is just out of curiosity...whether there are REALLY those who "hate" other states and the folks who live there. A current thread indicates that Texans feel hated by everyone else in the United States, and apparently I missed that entire war!!! Is there REALLY that much animosity between residents of other states in our country? Is this a case of delusional paranoia or one of a grossly over-inflated ego?
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?
Posted: 9/30/2009 10:24:18 AM
LOL! They DID? Was he related to "Kenny"?
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 10:58:51 AM
LOL! well...who knew!!! We don't read the yellow journalism rags that dominate the great state of Ohio!
 carterscutie85
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/30/2009 11:14:58 AM
^^
I second that!

Or maybe because people who live in Toledo know what a moron our mayor Carty Finkboner..err Finkbeiner..is...
 itechman63
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 11:15:38 AM
One thing I have never gotten is why in Missouri one of the more popular insults is "Hoosier". Does anyone know the origin of that animosity between non-bordering states? Seriously! I've always been curious.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/30/2009 12:11:20 PM
It's because they can't just say Hi like everyone else. They have to dress it up. O, Hi, o! Too damned cheerful. It's like cheerio and toodle-ooo, gack. Oopsy daisy. It makes the men sound girly and the women drunk. O bye-o.

Hey now..u say potato..I say pa-tah-to

u say O-HI-O, I say...O-HEY-O?
 cotter
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 12:12:24 PM
People actually hate Ohio?

I know I can't stand to encounter Ohio drivers outside the state ... they are a complete embarrassment and really dangerous.

For example ... while driving south to visit my son (several years ago) I'm clipping right along at the posted 80 mph heading up this long steep hill and what to my wondering eyes should happen ... a stoooopid jerk heading up the hill ahead of me ... apparently oblivious to the fact that he is quickly heading towards the back of a slower semi truck ... that jerk waits until the last minute (while slowing down to less than 60 mph) to pull over into the passing lane ... right in front of me.

Of course then I have to jam on the brakes while heading up the steep hill and the guy apparently has no power in his vehicle because he never ever gets up to passing speed and ends up driving neck and neck with the doggone truck for the remainder of the hill. Believe it or not ... time and time again it happened to me ... and every single one of them ... Ohio drivers.

Actually, Ohio drivers can not drive worth sh!t if the weather should be anything but sunny and bright. If it starts to sprinkle ... they get into all kinds of accidents. And don't even come to Ohio when it snows ... ... it's better just to stay home and off the roads.

Ohio drivers just cannot drive unless it's daylight and the roads are dry. I've seen old geezers drive in Florida 100 times better than some of these Ohio drivers.

Sometimes I think other states might be a little jealous because we are all so well-organized when it come to backing The Ohio State University and their sports teams. I mean you have to admit ... we do put on quite a show when it comes to that ...
 yna6
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/30/2009 1:10:10 PM
What the heck is in Ohio for anyone to get mad about? Just another name on a map to me. Not even any women to send me boob shots...."shrug"....blank spot on my world map of boob shots I've received! (hobby...getting boob shots from all over....not too far along on that...but it IS an interesting hobby!)
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 1:25:49 PM
LOL! We can't get them dang sheep to stand still long enough to get a boob shot that's in focus!!!

Yup, I agree...Ohio is BORING! LOL! I love it! So much more restful than those states who think they are (or should be) the center of the universe...who everyone is jealous of...when in fact; as the man says...it's just a blank spot on the map...with no boob shots! LOL!

Drivers: LOL! Ever stop to think that they might be transplants from W.Va or Michigan? (ouch!!! sorry guys)
Didn't you ever hear the saying....."IF you don't like my driving...stay off the sidewalk?" LOL! I must say that I have to agree about the snow. I haven't had an accident in almost 38 years, but it's like playing Space Invaders in the winter time with all the fools who never learned to drive on snow and ice.

zangie
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 1:52:24 PM
Sheesh...I never knew they did...lol...not seriously....

Learn something new every day...

It's home...but, no it's not flashy at all...
 randomguyinaz
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/30/2009 3:03:39 PM
I live in Arizona and I don't care about Ohio in a positive or negative way. Maybe it is a midwestern thing where people in the states back there all hate the other states back there.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/30/2009 4:58:51 PM

Because you gave us GW Bush's second term? With your voting machine shanangans.

No..I think George W gave himself a second term..with his brother in Florida and their voting machine shananigans..
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 6:40:24 PM
LOL! well Dayummm ya'll....you mean we're just not even special enough to hate? I mean...geeezzz, we've got the Indians AND The Browns.....oh wait...those would make other states "love us" LOL! Come on.....there has to be SOMETHING to make you HATE us....."Texans" are hated....we demand our fair share of demographic envy!!!!!

Ya know why it's so hard for a woman to get a date in Amish Country??? LOL!!! There's too dang many slut sheep to compete with!

LOL! why are ya'll raggin' on Cinci? "WHO DEY!!!" My daughter's lived there for the last 3 years, so I've had ample opportunity to visit...and from a visitor's standpoint....it's not a bad little town. I heard that it was a huge slum 20 years ago, but it's cleaning up pretty nicely now. Across the river, you have Newport (on the Levee) some cool shops and nightlife....and Main Strausse in Covington is really kinda charming. It very nearly reminds me of Greenwich Village (NYC). While I'm totally not a "city girl", it's a nice cozy feeling to see folks sitting at sidewalk cafes whether drinking a brew with friends, or banging on their laptops!!!

Your potatoes suck.
We have potatoes??? I thought those only came from Idaho!
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/30/2009 6:50:28 PM
I'm not on that list. Several of my favorite people live in Ohio.

I did think that "waaaah, everybody hates Texas" thread was a hoot.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/30/2009 7:08:20 PM
Why are there now cows in Texas?
Because Ohio State needed cheer leaders.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/30/2009 8:09:48 PM
What's round at both ends and high in the middle?

Hell on earth.

I hate Ohians. What's with the stupid 3 vowels in a name only 4 letters long anyway? You know the best thing about Ohio? Cincinatti WKRP - and it was made in Los Angeles.

Ohio is nothing but a haven of terrorists. I say carpet bomb the state; turn it into a nuclear proving ground.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/30/2009 9:13:39 PM
From PEI of course. Or Idaho if you want to start slumming.

I also realized I hate Iowa too. **stards.
 Vancer
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/30/2009 9:46:10 PM
I don't hate Ohioans.
But then I hardly know much about Ohio, except that...
Oh wait.
I literally know nothing about Ohio. Not even one stereotype.
I guess Ohio is too boring for stereotyping.

I'm just being silly.
 cotter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 10:16:23 PM
^^^Oh Pffffttt ... you all know me and I just moved back to Ohio in April ... see? Still kicking and breathing and actually posting.

In fact ... I actually got my life back (after my son died) and am now back to socializing ... away from my computer.

I now go out dancing (helping with dance lessons on Tuesday evenings) and go singing on Thursday evenings (with a local German club). Before moving back to Ohio, I had basically just closed myself in my home ... going out only for work and to buy groceries. Now that felt like I was living in a black hole ... and now I can actually see daylight!!!!

I doubt that anyone can "hate" Ohio as much as our famous Woody Hayes hated Michigan. I recall as a child when they were still transporting the football team via bus to away football games, that the bus ran out of gas while heading home towards Ohio. Hayes actually made the team push the bus out of Michigan across the Ohio border before he would let them buy gas. He would not allow them to buy gas in Michigan. Now that's "hate". I'm of the impression that the Michigan football coach made the "hate" a mutual thing, but never had to resort to pushing their bus across a state line for lack of gas.

As for potatoes .... I am not aware of potatoes being raised locally and it being a staple of the state. Reynoldsburg, Ohio has a "tomato festival" every year, and Circleville is very well-known for their "Pumpkin Show" ... does that count?
 HDready10
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 3:43:07 AM
is there a twin oaks ohio?

one of my favorite movies "the out of towners" jack lemmon and sandy dennis
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 7:30:36 AM

I wonder why you ask the question, OP?
I was attempting to see if we Buckeye's (worthless nuts) could draw a similar conclusion to what Texan's feel; that they are "hated"....which really translates into "envied". LOL! I guess nobody envies us Ohioans enough to hate us!

Ohio? Where's Ohio, is that a suburb of Texas?
It's the state that keeps the hillbillies in W. Va separated from the hillbillies in Michigan!!! LOL!

My family history has Amish (yes it's capitalized) in it and it offends me when people look down on them.
ABSOLUTELY NOT! LOL! I might tell some Amish jokes...but they are certainly NOT to be looked down upon! Most definitely a culture to be admired for their self sufficiency!

I knew someone once who moved to Ohio. I never heard from her or of her again....I think it might be some kind of black hole....
Nahhh, she's just still trying to navigate through all the orange construction barrels on I-71!!! LOL! you should be hearing from here again in about 10 more years!

is there a twin oaks ohio?
Sure!!!! It's a golf course in Lexington! (Ohio)

They have electricity and internet in Ohio?
LOL! YUP!!! Just as long as we keep a fresh supply of hamsters in the cage!
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/1/2009 11:06:32 PM
In Florida, because they drive to slow, and stop in the middle of the road to take pictures of dumb ass things like palm tree's.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/2/2009 8:27:11 AM
how could you hate the place where the rock and roll hall of fame resides?

home of drew carey, dave grohl, ed oneil, neil armstrong, eric carmen and many others.

we have the OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!! and their band!!! ok, shut up michigan-ers!
 rjhugsnstuff
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/2/2009 10:00:53 AM
It's the attitude of the people that is dragging Ohio down. I lived in the Youngstown area most of my life and when I moved to Cleveland the attitude of the people here is poor at best. Maybe it is because of the sports teams not doing well for years I don't know. I know there are a lot of rude drivers here too. If your driving down the freeway and want to get over don't turn on your turn signal . If someone is trailing you in that lane they will speed up so they don't have to be behind you. If you don't believe me just try it. I am not crying about it but you did ask.
 texasbaby
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2009 12:35:29 PM
Ohio??? I don't hate Ohio or anyone who lives there.. Really tho, the truth is, I don't actually ever think about Ohio....
Of course, I live in Texas,,, so I guess all my time is spent wondering why ya'll hate us. I tell ya, it keeps me awake at night...

tb
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do people REALLY Hate Ohio and Ohioans?