Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Broadcasting that ur "disease free" in ur bio.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The Peppo
Msg: 1
Broadcasting that ur "disease free" in ur bio. Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What's the first thing that pops into ur mind when u read a bio that mentions that , "i'm disease free?" Why would anyone be stupid enough to tout this claim-to-fame merely infers UR A SWINGER, you have unprotected sex and get checked every three months?.Am I supposed to be impressed or thankful that someone was STUPID enought to share the 411?

mY GUY FRIEND WRITES:

- I avoid any woman who posts 'I'm disease free' - it means to me she has been
f*cking casual guys using no rubbers and needs periodic ck ups for STD - if she has been in more than just a casual sex relationship she would know he's disease free - so I don't respond to any E's that say or even hint they are 'disease free' - of course there's always the chance that those who don't
mention it could have herpies,or worse,and may or may not know it - - OH MY! the problems of a single life!
- T.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Broadcasting that ur disease free in ur bio.
Posted: 10/4/2009 10:20:11 AM
Hey... at least they know their status and bother to get checked. Even within a good LTR, things happen. I tend to avoid the ones that DON'T get checked..
 The Peppo
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/4/2009 10:29:29 AM
so is that like saying u prefer to have a dude announce that he has to visit a clinic every 3 months? More importantly, how do you know if it's even true? Stating that "i;m disease free and looking for same," is my good fortune b/c I wouldn't touch anyone WITH 10' POLL AND stupid E NOUGHand preoccupied to add that to a bio.

To put this is perspective, how does the tHought of someone typing in their headliner,

"disease free, looking for same."

bETCHA NO ONE WOULD RESPOND
 The Peppo
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/4/2009 10:33:29 AM
iWON'T WASTE MY TIME reading ur bio but I bet u don't mention it i the bio, do U??? Let's stick on talking points and never mind what u and ur partner decide upon AFTER a first date. That's a different story.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2009 11:09:11 AM

so is that like saying u prefer to have a dude announce that he has to visit a clinic every 3 months? More importantly, how do you know if it's even true? Stating that "i;m disease free and looking for same," is my good fortune b/c I wouldn't touch anyone WITH 10' POLL AND stupid E NOUGHand preoccupied to add that to a bio.

To put this is perspective, how does the tHought of someone typing in their headliner,

"disease free, looking for same."

bETCHA NO ONE WOULD RESPOND

I'm not sure who you are responding to since you don't say or don't quote anyone in particular, so I'll answer from my POV.

The people in my *dating circle* get tested routinely because that is the nature of life. I would prefer that to never having been tested at all. I know it's true because I ask for proof.

iWON'T WASTE MY TIME reading ur bio but I bet u don't mention it i the bio, do U??? Let's stick on talking points and never mind what u and ur partner decide upon AFTER a first date. That's a different story.

I'm guessing that your issue isn't with the frequent testing but with the fact that it's in the profile. Am I right?? Mine isn't in my profile, but I've been tested for the basics 3 times in the last year... and I'm in a relationship! When/if I'm interested in someone I do ask the question about testing. A lot depends on the response. I also ask about the last time they got laid, their last relationship, how old they were the first time, their favorite thing about sex and how pervy they think they are. I do this for many reasons, mostly to find out about where their head is regarding sex. Find out their respect level. If they have no respect for themselves or their previous partners, they won't have any for me... which means I'm not interested in them being my bedmate.

It's not a different story, it's a different paragraph within the story.
 The Peppo
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/4/2009 11:23:23 AM
"I'm guessing that your issue isn't with the frequent testing but with the fact that it's in the profile. Am I right"

Correct.

I see I've already earned the attention of one malcontent that put in a v ote to delete, citing this is a TROLL thread. How moronic that I can even post a sincere communication without getting attacked.
 arwen52
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2009 8:33:39 PM

I am disease free and can prove it,

I got tested at a public health clinic and the paper I got that said I was disease free *as of that day* did not have my name or the date on it. So I can't "prove" anything to anyone. And it takes a week to get the results for HIV, which you have to come back and get the results of in person. It's because of confidentiality.

If I were with someone and we both wanted to know for sure, we'd have to go together on the same day. And then wait three months and go back again because some things don't show up for several months.

Of course, if you're completely celibate then probably you can be pretty sure you haven't picked up anything.
 varinia
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/4/2009 8:50:26 PM
I would say that I would expect someone to be disease free. That should be the norm and shouldn't have to be announced. Of course, once I get to the stage of considering unprotected sex I'd expect both of us to show recent tests, but again, I would expect those to confirm what I'm already expecting.

To announce it in the profile is kind of like saying 'I'm honest', 'I don't play games', I'm not a gold digger'. It's redundant and subsequently stands out suspiciously.
 The Peppo
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/5/2009 1:43:54 PM
This is my post on this issue and then I'm outta here.

Getting tested for STDS does NOT include HPV. Know what that means besides a teenage girl getting three shots for cancer prevention? Know you can get it even with a condom on? Know what else it means? I know because I lived with an MD roommate and this STD test issue came up.

HPV, certain strains, can give you genital warts (can be dormant for years, I might add) You can get it even with the use of a rubber and more frightening is that u can get it even when the partner has not visible signs of the virus. Thank you very much, now go get infected, even with ur STD report!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 3:07:24 PM
Peppo.. that's why you have to ASK for ALL the tests. The basic test does not include for blood borne infections. Here in Canada that means you are paying out of pocket for some of them (at least I did when I had the full screening done at my doctor's office, not sure how it works at the free-clinics).

I'm still not entirely sure wtf your issue is. You're against people stating their status in their profiles. You seem to be against testing and state that even using condoms doesn't keep you safe. That part is at least true. But wtf is your issue? Disease issues have been around since the dawn of time. The only 100% sure fire way of avoiding them is to avoid having sex. Period. Your ostrich approach doesn't serve you well. Don't ask, don't tell doesn't, or shouldn't work in this situation. Talking about it means you are capable of being a responsible adult and are PRO-ACTIVE in your health care.

Like.. wtf???!?!?!! Every time you post you come across as more angry and more confusing as to what your complaint is all about.

BTW.. yes... an STD test is only accurate for THAT DATE that it was performed. To be more accurate it should be performed 3 mo later.. but again, it's only accurate for what's in your system on the day the tests are done.

There is no HPV test for a man that I'm aware of.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:43:05 PM
Geez, why is it necessary to put something like that in a bio? Shouldn't that be something you discuss when you actually start talking to someone one on one? I am a type 1 diabetic, and in a monogamous relationship, but I get bloodwork done on a regular basis, and since it's relatively inexpensive to go ahead and get checked for STDs at the same time, I tell them to go ahead and do it while they're at it. I've never had an STD, thank goodness. When I go to my Gynecologist for my routine checkups, I get checked for everything possible there too, and I've always turned up clean. I think it's just responsible to do it, even if you're like me and always practice safe sex and are in a monogamous relationship.

But advertising that you're 'clean' is like a backwards advertisement for random sexual encounters. I say keep your business to yourself until it is appropriate to discuss it with a potential partner.

Beth
 valentino again
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/5/2009 10:24:48 PM
Getting checked is not something to feel freaky about or to be shy/ insecure about..
I don't state that in my profile, yet i had a (Monogamous relationship for more than 7 years) and i like to get checked whenever i can .. (Not for STD's only).. so i know that other than my teeth untill now i'm totally free.. and sure if got back in the game it will be something i take great consideration in. !!..
PS: nice main image .
 arwen52
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 3:56:59 PM

Getting tested for STDS does NOT include HPV.

Depends on where you go.
 The Peppo
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/7/2009 8:35:30 PM
Thanks, shaitan. Most were suppOrtive of my thread EXCEPT one STRETCHED-OUT skank NAGGING me , "WTF is UR problem?"

i SAID I wouLd not post again but I tried to respond in a private email to blast THE CANUCK, but she wasn't taking emails from women. She's the expert on all STDs--go figure!

Again, to acouple the s h i t stirrers that accused me of having "issues" I still dare you to put in your headliner, Oh, b/c one of ,my pix is in a bathing suit gives some OTHER photoless skank to attack me. Jealous that ur So ugly THAT u can't even post a pic of uself---sweet!

"DISEASE FREE, LOOKING FOR LIKEWISE".

OTHERWISE, SHUT UR HOLES AND BRANDISH UR PAPERS TO SWINGERs THAT GIVE A RAT'S A S S ,

Bottom line, if ur bio mentions "disease free" I'm not interested in reading that in a bio and I find a lot of men are turned off by it as well.
 urapnis
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/6/2010 9:57:13 PM
I think your an obvious troll and a fake. Seriously. I can't believe your profile hasn't been deleted yet.
 PerceptionTheNight
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2010 9:01:25 AM
I would just like to through this out there. There is no FDA approved test for HPV in males. Period.

As for getting tested regularly. I myself have been getting tested every three months for the last decade regardless of whether or not I was getting some strange. And if you want to put it on your profile, hey that is your prerogative. Some people like it, some people don't. That is what makes us individuals. So embrace it or **** off.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/9/2010 6:31:54 PM
People who date on Craigslist should really go to profile review before
they type up a profile in here where a little finesse is required.

nuff said.
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/10/2010 4:35:12 PM
i'm a communicator.

i think the more you put out there the better it is.

i have zero problem with putting that in the profile plus any other info you'd like to lay on me.

you say what you're preferences are don't you? you want tall, blonde, kind, etc.

you're saying you want disease free too. nothing wrong with that. after all, one in four people have some form of herpes, which is simply a cold sore maybe once a year. lots of people have it. you're just saying "i don't". pretty simple.
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/15/2010 7:57:19 AM
msg 35

who would say "please have a disease?"

i have seen profiles where the women openly admit that they have herpes in an effort to find a partner who has herpes.

communication and openess and honesty..... once again the key.

DemonLeather
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/15/2010 8:29:31 AM
Ummmmmmm... probably because saying your"desease-riddled" wouldn't get you very many dates,.Well.unless you found the appropriate desease-riddled partner,. then let the bodily fluids & bugs & viri fly!! Whooo HooOOoo!
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/17/2010 8:18:44 AM
obviously you prefer to keep a mysterious profile Mr. Abelian.

you wrote:
"Communicating involves telling people what is relevant, when they care to know it, not writing down down whatver comes to mind as you type."

correct. and what is relevant for you may not be relevant for others. we all have our own priorities. being open about your desires and "special needs" can help to weed out those who don't want you or who YOU do not want.

you wrote:
"Just because something is a preferreance doesn't mean you should just list everything that comes to mind. "

i will list all the qualities that i feel is necessary. please do not tell me what i can or cannot do on my or anyone else's profile.
it's bad enough that the uber liberals who run this site can censor my opinions on the forums, i do not want you to do it on my profile as well.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/18/2010 10:04:24 AM
~OT~ I take this disclosure like all others, anything that begins with statements such as: drama-free, nice-guy/gal, great sense of humor, athletic, etc., etc. I'd like to assume these things are true, but until I know that person, the verdict will be out on whether or not I think he's a nice guy with a good sense of humor and an athletic bod. DDF may very well be the truth (like the other things listed) but until I know them to be true, I don't really know. Show me current test results for STD and I'll then know, otherwise? Maybe it's true, maybe not so true. JMO
 sexyisback!
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/18/2010 10:24:56 AM
maybe next people will proudly proclaim:

I wipe my butt AND wash my hands after taking a dump..

yippeee for me!
 sexyisback!
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/18/2010 10:30:57 AM

nener12345@hotmail.com

So true, VGE.

for so many things, if a person's got to say it, I'd often assume the opposite is true.

almost always when someone makes a big deal of saying they are honest, they're compulsive liars..

when someone is throwing a lot of 'to be honest..' or 'honestly, ..' into their speech I'm thinking Big time LIAR here..

when they are so focused on thinking of the lack of a quality they say over & over that they have it..

'no drama' often = drama queen here

the old saying is so true, Actions speak much louder than words..

'deeds speak'
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/21/2010 2:11:46 AM
Just because something is a preferreance doesn't mean you should just list everything that comes to mind.

Exactly. And a good communicator is aware of this -- because efficiency in communicating isn't just answering questions -- it's knowing when to make statements, what gives people particular impressions under various conditions, etc.

"I am disease free" -- a good communicator would know that it falls in line with the classic "I want someone drug/disease free" -- ie an indicator their focus is just on sex & rolls in the hay.

Additionally of course, one shouldn't say "I have no herpies on my mouth. I also don't have AIDS the last time I got tested. I don't torture animals. I would not find pleasure in beating women. I do not pressure women into anal sex. I do not have to wear a bib when eating; I eat at a good pace. I do not shout embarrassing things about others in public to get a rise out of them. I do not have cancer. My penis is not small." I mean, come on. A person saying any of those things would be a horrible communicator, because communication's a two-way street. A profile shouldn't be assumed people are begging to ask the person such questions. It can easily throw off a red flag, and rightfully so.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Broadcasting that ur "disease free" in ur bio.