Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does it mean when a woman says...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forum_froggie
Msg: 2
What does it mean when a woman says...Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
e) A combination of all of the above.

Probably. Sorry 'bout that.
 OutMind
Msg: 6
What does it mean when a woman says...
Posted: 10/4/2009 4:40:38 PM
You are not going to find it, but yes you are redundant. So try to revive and old thread that is at least from 2005 and the people are now with five kids and three dogs.
 Stafford_Jim
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2009 5:01:36 PM
All of the above.

I've met many women over the years with low self esteem, who felt they don't deserve any better in a person than how they see themselves.

And yes, some of them are just letting you down easy.
 Mudkipz01
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/4/2009 5:07:42 PM
it probably means she's not that into you and would probably dump you eventually or cheat on you....and she doesnt think you deserve that because she likes you as a friend

i aint no doctologist but thats my theory
 varinia
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/4/2009 7:08:05 PM
It could mean any of the things, but there could also be other meanings. for example: She messed up and it can be a reversed psychology thing, like saying: I'm so fat, but hoping to hear: no you're not fat. So, her saying that you deserve someone better, but hoping you'd say: Oh, no, you're exactly what I want.
 arwen52
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2009 7:21:33 PM
Simple. It means she isn't interested.

Guys say it, too.

<div class='quote'>I would have prefered to have her say something I did wrong

You don't necessarily have to do something "wrong" for someone not to be interested.

As for the redundant thread comment - I know this is off topic but I guess I don't understand the point of reviving a thread that's several years old. Like someone else pointed out, those people are long gone. I guess I don't seem the harm of bringing up a question that's been discussed long enough ago that those people are probably mostly gone.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/4/2009 8:38:24 PM
She has just insulted your intelligence by feeding you that crap and expecting you to believe it. Not that there's anything you can do about it. Would have been better if she just said you are not right for each other. Perhaps she'd feel more comfortable dating some slime?
 varinia
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/4/2009 9:09:43 PM

she will then grasp both your testicles in her hands,

That would probably be somewhat difficult with you, as you mentioned having several dozen moose balls. Or are they color coded? ;-)
 FuntimeMr
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/4/2009 9:13:59 PM
Yep, the cheap way out. She's trying to boost your ego while giving you the boot.
 Boots168
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:23:36 AM
d) she is not attracted to you at all and doesn't want to hurt your feelings
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:29:32 AM
I agree with everyone who says it's a way for a woman to pretend she is caring and nice while she's dumping you. Don't think twice about it, juuuuuust move on, and find a woman who doesn't say that.
 big pacific
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 8:39:49 AM
When she says "You deserve someone better than me"

It really means "I deserve someone better than you"

JMHO.
 RUmPsHaKER
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/5/2009 10:41:07 AM
the broad answer.......she actually does think you
are "better" than her.....maybe she feels as though
she cannot live up to your expectations....maybe in
a roundabout sorta way you make her feel "beneath
you"....not necessarily....but, you must understand

that some men AND women feel threatened by another's
achievements, goals, and overall zest for life.....some
people actually become insecure around a driven
individual.....

it happens...

my other thought was this.....

she cheated on you ....or (knows she will)... or
wants to cheat....
and this is her way of inadvertantly "letting you know"

jus throwin that out there
 ladyc4
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/5/2009 12:29:47 PM

agree with everyone who says it's a way for a woman to pretend she is caring and nice while she's dumping you.

I agree with the 'dumping you' part. That said, there are many women who truly ARE caring and nice, and when she finds that her feelings for a man she's been dating just aren't strong enough to sustain a loving LTR,she tries to to end the involvement as kindly as possible.
Of course, I could be mistaken, maybe some men think "caring and nice" means ignore her own feelings, just pretend to love the guy even though she doesn't. of course a lot of guys would vastly prefer THAT pretence,right?
OP,
It's just a social nicety, a kindness from a woman who hasn't yet learned that simply cutting off contact with a guy is how you're SUPPOSED to do a breakup. I hope she never learns. Maybe eventually men will stop thinking that "real women" are unmitigated b*tches,and realize that "caring and nice" really DOES exist, though I have to recommend that women use their caring and niceness wisely. Unfortunately, sometimes one must be a b*tch for the greater good.
Cindy O
"mitigated' b*tch
 PiggyT
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/5/2009 1:04:36 PM
Whenever I hear that, I tell them that I will hang on to them until they find me a suitable replacement. Usually they sing a different tune after hearing me say that.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 2:36:47 PM
It means the relationship isnt working out and she doesn't know how to be honest why so she is trying to elevate you so she doesnt feel bad about giving you the ax
 briargate
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/5/2009 3:04:08 PM
I think George Castanza used that line a lot, but he would say, "It's not you, it's me."

Whatever "line" you get fed, if there is something in there about things being over, then it's over. Once someone has decided that, no need to discuss it further. Pack up your stuff and say buh-bye. Adios. Asta la vista, bay-beee.
 chameleonf
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/5/2009 3:12:27 PM
a) She has really low self-esteem - That "could" be but usually those with low self-esteem are too busy thinking of ways to be attractive to all and sundry, rather than to just one guy.
b) I failed to help her feel loved and secure - chances are, if you've heard it more than once, you go overboard in attempting to make them too loved and secure too soon
c) I'm not setting the bar high enough - if you pick them up on a corner, that could well be
d) She is letting me down easy this is the more likely scenario - most women/men have their actual reasons, you'll just never hear the 100% actual reason unless they're insensitive to the feelings of others
 ladyc4
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/5/2009 4:02:35 PM

You're probably a nice guy and she's not a "nice girl", so she doesn't want to waste your time.

It's also a typical way in which women like to reject men........

Cowardly and dishonest, but alot of women can't be honest when it comes to emotion

Ah yes. A woman "gives a guy a chance", dates him for a bit, and finds that the connection just is not sufficient to continue dating him, automatically "not a nice girl". Hmmm, haven't we seen a ton of threads about women who date guys just for the sake of dating, I don't recall too many guys saying those were "nice girls", either.
Personally I think what the woman did was a lot more classy and kind than just stringing the guy along while she keeps hunting for the guy that she can forge a strong connection with. Or being quietly unhappy, because she doesn't want to hurt him or be thought "not a nice girl". The trouble with that, from all I've heard and observed, is that sooner or later that quiet unhappiness tends to become real UNquiet, and a 'relationship' that never should have been,ends in a spectacular wreck that never needed to happen.
You want to know why we try to "ease out" of involvements that just aren't gonna make it? Because we can't stand to see a grown man cry, and/or we don't care to get into a screaming match. And we really DO hate to hurt someone. If that makes us "not nice girls" so be it.
Cindy O
 ninjaeleven
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 6:26:39 PM
It most likely means she has cheated on you.
 PrinceEric
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Find a gal with a better wardrobe
Posted: 10/6/2009 12:52:26 PM
This forum would not exist if all redundant threads were deleted.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does it mean when a woman says...