Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Location won't "change"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dcsii
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Location won't "change"Page 1 of 1    
I've been sitting on this and just living with this for a couple months now, but it's getting frustrating that I had to ask elseware. I originally lived in Rochester, NY when I went to school but graduated and have been back to my hometown of Liverpool, NY a good 80-90 miles away. So my matches are almost worthless because it's impractical to start a relationship that far away, unless I were to move back. But needless to say I should be listed where I am so I can also message people that have 75 mile restrictions on when I live within 10 miles of them.

I really don't know where to go, or what to do. My only other alternative I see is to start over from scratch and I don't want to do that.
 dcsii
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Location won't change
Posted: 10/5/2009 9:48:30 AM
Ok that was a little embarrassing, but it didn't seem to fix the problem. It may take time to register the change, ie matches only being sent out when they do, but I don't believe that to be the case. Mostly because there's a couple members I can't e-mail listing the reason why I can't send as they are "only accepting messages from users who live close by." They're listed as Syracuse which at most is 15 miles away and they have a range of 75 miles setup. So clearly something is wrong, I presume it's on my end and not on hers, although it's entirely possible.
 dcsii
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Location won't change
Posted: 10/5/2009 10:17:49 AM
I do recall that I put a zip code when I set things up but I don't see anywhere it's listed other than when I do a search. So my guess is that's more the culprit if there's a zip code listing somewhere in a setting that I can't get. But it could be the case that it was just my misspelling, though I'm still skeptical on that but time will tell and I'll be here to post again if it's still an issue after a couple days.

Unless of course the problem corrects itself from someone's solution to get at a zip code listing and that I think would fix things.
 dcsii
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Location won't change
Posted: 10/5/2009 12:02:32 PM
It was the overlooked postal code, I have no idea how many dozens of times I overlooked that. Thanks guys
 ChangesOne
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Location won't change
Posted: 3/11/2013 10:24:15 PM
Hey Cowboy,

That was good info, but what if I am in a foreign country? The postal codes here in Thailand have nothing to do with those of the US. So putting in my postal code does no good......
 lall90
Msg: 8
Location won't change
Posted: 4/19/2018 5:35:11 PM
I having location problems. Can someone help pleas. Thank u .
 lall90
Msg: 9
Location won't change
Posted: 4/19/2018 5:35:27 PM
I having location problems. Can someone help pleas. Thank u .
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Location won't "change"