Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Would this be a deal-breaker for you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 4
Would this be a deal-breaker for you?Page 1 of 1    
yes.

Why the pattern?
You need to work on that.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 7
Would this be a deal-breaker for you?
Posted: 10/5/2009 5:37:53 PM
Most likely, being on time is something I'm anal about.
 A-Womans-Best-Friend
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/5/2009 5:41:31 PM
Punctuality is a big turn on but not a deal breaker for me if I am really attracted to her I can handle her always being late I'll just always time the meeting 15 minutes later so I will say see you at 8pm and takes 30 minutes to get there I will leave at 7:45. Or if the movie is at 9:15pm I'll tell her the movie is at 8:45pm so we get good seats because I'll expect her to be always a little late.

A little annoying I know but I will deal with it and adjust if I really like her.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 6:14:53 PM
It probably would, for me. But I would also have made it clear the first time it happened that this was not acceptable to me.

If you're really interested in her, perhaps you could let her know that this is not acceptable to you and give her the opportunity to fix it.

If it continued, it would be a deal breaker for me.
 Wylie_Coyote
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 6:18:46 PM
OP,

Is that a deal breaker? Yes and No......

First of all it shows the other person places no value on my time. Or is just easily distracted or is in a job that they can't always get out on time or many other things.... Then it shows that their situation is more important to them than my time is to them.

This said, we all need to take our partners for exactly who they are. I could see myself in a relationship where I considered the meeting times as "flexible" and in turn may start becoming late myself. If I felt that this was happening because she didn't respect me than no way yet if this were one of few issues and otherwise we really got along.... why not?

J Mac
 ninjaeleven
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 6:27:50 PM
depends what she looks like. so-so, bye-bye. hot, not a problem.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/5/2009 7:00:42 PM
Okay speaking for myself, here's the reason.

My time is the one resource that is NOT replacable, everything else is. Time (MY time) is important to me, so wasting it waiting for someone who is inconsiderate of MY time......I don't do that to anyone else, never canceled at the last minute (even when I have the sniffles) or stood someone up. It's not a part of my makeup, I respect everyone else's time as much as I respect my own. If someone doesn't show the same basic respect in return....done deal. It'd only happen once. It's me, it's one of the few things I AM anal about.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 7:01:42 PM
Okay, I heard her 'reason' for the first time, but haven't heard her 'reason' yet for the second, third or fourth times. WHY? And what does looking 'disheveled' have to do with it? Was she just on another date? Hit a deer? On drugs? Just ran a triathlon? Not enough info, OP.

~ds~
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Would this be a deal-breaker for you?