Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What have your dates been like so far?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oggers
Msg: 13
view profile
History
What have your dates been like so far?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
You know, I am sure that I have posted on this exact subject not too long ago ... that must have been another of those mysterious disappearing threads brought about by a surfeit of humour and light heartedness ....

So, to repeat myself ( again ) I have been on a few dates from here, most have been OK , one or two are potential stalkers, and one was the mad Psycho b!tch from Hell
 owzabout
Msg: 43
view profile
History
What have your dates been like so far?
Posted: 10/6/2009 5:08:44 PM
All my dates have been fantastic!..all ended in a lovely white wedding!
 lalby
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/6/2009 11:51:26 PM
Some have been good.

Some have been boring and crap.

And some have been just plain freaky.
 oggers
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2009 4:36:10 PM
OMG Alexis, I'm sorry but I have just had such a laugh at your post - I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have, but it just read so funny ! :0)

It sounds like you had an awful experience with this guy, not surprised you are not looking for dates for now !!! Pity you cant name and shame .....
 Vianne_01
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2009 11:32:17 AM
Not all from here but:
small Brummie - nice but just too short
PHD nervous driver with OCD
brown teeth (I kid you not)
seeking limited relationship (i.e. nothing outside the bedroom)
drunkard who was incapble of even getting himself in a taxi to go home (was gorgeous though)
control freak, texting wanting to know who I was with
1 nice guy, though we haven't met again, but we might and we do chat regularly
 oggers
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Quick Exit Phone Call .... ??!
Posted: 10/12/2009 1:23:24 PM
Oh come on ...........

ANYONE out on a date, and their date "has a phone call from daughter / mum / sister etc " that needs them to cut it short , aint foolin no-one !!

We ALL know about the 'security phone call' so why dont folks just say "Look, this aint gonna work - lets cut our losses and call it a night ! " ??
 Taurus1959x
Msg: 77
Posted: 10/25/2009 6:40:17 AM
had a few dates/ meets
some i dident like for a number of reasons
some that dident like me there choice no hard feelings ect
but what i hate is when you have had a good time both parties agree to having a good time
then when you get home he texts says hes had a lovely meet /date and wants to meet again
you text back and your text is ignored
whats that all about men and mind games grrrrrrrrrrrr
 Taurus1959x
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/27/2009 7:54:15 AM
went on a date /meet this morning
just for the first coffee meet
meeting him tonight for a drink so fingers crossed
he ticked all the right boxes
 ~Sexiest User~
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:32:32 PM
Hello! I signed up on this site about 4 weeks ago and I haven't gone out yet. But I'm looking forward to it.
lea
 Bassbob47
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 3:10:55 AM
i wish i could say i was
 Strider886
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 3:10:11 AM

i have found tho that no matter how polite or pleasant iam to women they dont seem to be interested in meeting up as i never seem to be tall enough for most women on here.

This is the problem with putting all your stats and figures up on a profile, your personality doesn't have a chance to shine through because at first glance your profile isn't saying "tall, dark and handsome". As mentioned by the lovely lass above, it's people having too high expectations and wanting the stereo typical "Mr/Mrs Perfect".
 jaqi
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 3:56:22 AM

This is the problem with putting all your stats and figures up on a profile, your personality doesn't have a chance to shine through

I think it very important to put up your stats as it saves some disappointment when you first meet. If you don't like to date overweight, skinny, tall or short people no matter what their personality is like it is doubtful it would be enough to make you attracted to that person enough to overlook it. Yes you may think they are a nice person and be happy to be a friend but essentially this is a dating site and we are very visual creatures and need that physical attraction.

Why would we want to be wasting our time?
 Strider886
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:16:39 AM

I think it very important to put up your stats as it saves some disappointment when you first meet. If you don't like to date overweight, skinny, tall or short people no matter what their personality is like it is doubtful it would be enough to make you attracted to that person enough to overlook it. Yes you may think they are a nice person and be happy to be a friend but essentially this is a dating site and we are very visual creatures and need that physical attraction.

Yes, but there often time when you meet someone who isn't your ideal looks/height/weight wise but they absolutely sweep you off your feet anyway! but here you wouldn't even give them the chance to do that because your looking at the oh so cruel black/white of it.
WHICH brings me to another point.... Why do people lie about things like smoking on their profile? it's not as if you can't tell when someone smells like burn't dog crap!
 jaqi
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 8:22:56 AM

Yes, but there often time when you meet someone who isn't your ideal looks/height/weight wise but they absolutely sweep you off your feet anyway!

No... never had that happen to me! Personally I don't have a preference of what a guy looks like but I do want a man who is taller than me.... I have never yet been attracted to anyone smaller... that is why it is so disappointing when I turn up for a date and the fella has added a few inches to his profile height.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What have your dates been like so far?