Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do people always want more pics , even tho you already have like      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sexydessa
Msg: 1
Why do people always want more pics , even tho you already have like a million on your profile Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Im curious as to why is it that ,
you can have like a million and one pictures on your profile
yet still guys still feel the need to ask do you have more , can you send
them more . it's like how many pictures do you really need to see of a person , and what are you doing with these pic.
this is like so annoying , why can't guys just be happy with what they see and wait until they get to know the person and get comfortable , and maybe they will send you more .
is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?
 sexydessa
Msg: 2
Why do people always want more pics , even tho you already have like a million on your profile
Posted: 10/8/2009 1:39:22 AM
That is such b.s because
half of the time the guys who ask me do i have more pic , when i check their profile
they usually have 1 old blurry pic that you can barley see.
but they have the never to ask you can you send them more.
My question again what are you doing with these pics?
 Write Time
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why do people always want more pics , even tho you already have like a million on your profile
Posted: 10/8/2009 2:39:17 AM
I suspect the rationale is: They think you're holding back on that really cool nude shot, and they're hoping you'll gift them with it.

Rotsa ruck, right?
 kornbluth
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 5:02:11 AM

Just saying...to me...a couple revealing pics probably mean there's more

No kidding! Talk about "soliciting" for attention!
 CEO of Hoagie Inc.
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/8/2009 5:51:25 AM
4 must be the new million. Gotta love that new math.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/8/2009 9:57:49 AM

Their most likely trying to get nudie pics of you.

If this is true, then men lie when they say they aren't subtle or vague when they explain something. If they want nude, they should request nude. Sure, a lot of women'll block them or they'll get backlash, but they should be ok with it as a consequence of being honest.

P.S. If you want a lot of pics, but don't have any - or you want cam but don't own one - it makes no sense. Offer what you request.
 valentino again
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:13:43 AM
In your case, i might agree with people here about the suggestive nature of your photo's..
Yet sometimes i might ask.. not to send me pics.. just to add more pics to the person i'm talking with profile.. (You cann't imagine how many people put old and years ago photo's of them, sometimes fake)..
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:41:42 AM
They collect women pictures for their different purposes...Usually, they have mental problems!
Wow... way to negatively stereotype!

Anyway, the more pictures the better, it lets everyone see who you really are and it shows that you have nothing to hide(or at least that you aren't ashamed of who you are). If someone only has one picture, it could be a fake but it's a lot harder to fake multiple pictures than just one. Also, there are a lot of people who can be deceiving with their pictures(Bad angles, poor lighting, touch ups, etc.), so it helps if you have a lot of pictures to get a true representation of what they look like.
 girlred228
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:50:18 AM
You know I have had this experience too... Men ask for many many pictures and they only have one... I think it is funny.. I just tell them when they catch up to amount I have then we can go from there... I am just a firm believer in this situation you get what you give... Not a big deal , but a big deal.. if you are concerned about what I look like .. shouldn't I have the same concern?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2009 10:44:51 AM
I only see four on your profile. Where are the other 999,997?

Maybe they are collectors. Maybe they are creating a "stalker" room, plastered with pics. Maybe they are artists, and find your visage to be the perfect one to create their own ceiling montage.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do people always want more pics , even tho you already have like a million on your profile