Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Best Rejection Comebacks/Lines      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 owzabout
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Best Rejection Comebacks/LinesPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
" I just wanted to say how nice you look in that dress...EVERY time i see you wear it"!
 psytle
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Best Rejection Comebacks/Lines
Posted: 8/25/2011 11:10:39 AM
Her: there's something I've always wanted to do. can you guess what it is? it's a little dirty hehe.
Me: Eat corn on the cob without washing your hands first.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/26/2011 7:35:55 PM
I can see how that can be annoying. On the one hand, the only thing the guy knows about Goldfish is that she's beautiful. If she was reading a book or holding a fish spear, he'd have an opening besides that. But if all he's got is that he's attracted to her, then that's all he's got.

But, I'm guessing it gets boring and repetitive by the time you're 30.
 ChristRB
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2011 11:47:55 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with Goldfish on this one. Everytime I'm out I see guys using the same crap lines that have been played out time and time again. Upon mustering the courage to talk to a woman, there are a dozen things you COULD say aside from "Hey Beautiful" "Can I buy you a drink?". Perhaps try to talk about something she likes. How bout her clothes? If she's dressed up fancy she did it on purpose and that should tell you something about her taste.
How bout her hair/shoes/drink/phone for god's sake.
Knowing mostly women all my life, I've been lucky enough to learn this, and if that is too great a stretch how bout making her smile. Tell a corny joke, say/do something stupid. If she wants to talk to you that smile/smirk will shine and there's your "IN". From there it's up to you not to let your ego get into your way. That will always be man's biggest downfall.
 coolantonio
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 2:44:11 PM
I would reply:
So "one" is your last name? I did not ask for all your first names, thanks for quoting your birth certificate...

she would probably be far away reaching that point, but you will make your friends laugh :P
 coolantonio
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 3:26:26 PM
Okokok I'm going here to tell a truth that everybody seem to ignore:

The quality of the opener/ice breaker/introduction... you use is poorly important compared to how you look to the girl's eyes.
I don't mean here that you can be rude and get away with it if the girl is not the kind to take it, but I'm only addressing that obsession that a lot of guys out there have in finding the wittiest, smartest or funniest ice breaker as if it is a magic formula that will actually take you somewhere.

Look, I'm considered by my surrounding to be a witty and really funny guy... sure I am! I don't play it rude and so if Ice breakers were really what matters, I would be ruling the largest harem in the world. What i observed with experience is that a flat and simple "Hello! How's the night is going so far for you?" or "I was looking at you from far and couldn't resist to come to talk to you" would open me the gates to a night long conversation... guess what? I could tell from the way she right away looked at me when I poked her shoulder that she will talk to me anyways...

On the other hand, I happened many times to spontaneously come out with these lines that would make me still impressed of myself weeks after but actually got rejected... and another dude would come after with any lame line and would be buying her drinks, hit the dance floor with her, getting her phone number etc...

It works same way: Sometimes I would see a dude trying all his best and I perfectly know that I will just have to simply let him get kicked away to fill in successfully with any polite introduction. When a girl like what she sees, she just open the doors and give you some latitude... you would be surprise to see how much your lame jokes are funny to her... you will have a good time yourself finding it so easy to make somebody laugh.

Always remember that the girl is the one who chose, the guy only have the prerogative to propose (his company)... there's not magic formula... girls chose for many reasons that have nothing to see with what they officially claim. Just keep introducing yourself being yourself: try ANYTHING polite that would cross your mind. Don't work it out, don't push it! If it doesn't work, just move on because nothing would successfully work on the long run anyways.

That's my advice.

A.

PS: If you're getting rejected rudely as you're were asking politely (girrrrlllssss! that's unnecessary, you're losing respect for yourself there... what would be the world if men stop asking/proposing??? no need to roll your eyes, or not reply with a kind of face we all know and so... learn to say "NO" as politely as you were asked) so guys just play it sarcastic and make the girl feel the stupid she is being... no need to insult, just simple logic with a sarcastic tone like:
GUY - Is that possible for me to have your phone number?
GIRL - (looking at the guy up and down, down and up with a disgusted face) Sorry I don't give my phone number
GUY - YOU DON'T??? really??? (smart ass smile) In this post middle-age era, you seem to miss the whole point of having a phone and a number... see ya!
 coolantonio
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 3:39:07 PM
Another one from last time I asked for a phone number:

ME - I would like to take your phone number before you leave
HER - Sorry, I have a boyfriend (yeah right! suddenly at the end of the night eh! after all this flirting)
ME - (acting highly confused and lost) But... you still can have a boyfriend... and a phone... I'm not following...

she actually exploded laughing, but she still refused to give me that damn phone number... maybe she was telling the truth, who knows tsk, tsk, tsk... :P
one thing for sure is that when you're not having it, you won't have it anyways... I don't believe that over-insisting or being pushy has the power to change things.

cheers!
 psytle
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2011 1:31:56 PM
Me: "So do you want to go to the dance?"
Her: "I would, but I have ebola. Sorry."

Of course, that was back in high school, but still...
 a1970boy
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:00:55 PM
then grabbed her hand and took her to the dance floor. I boinked her later that night.

REALLY??? "boinked"REALLY??? come on now, classy by the way, bragging on the internet. Do you always remember your dreams?
 Scoutmaster30
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 5:25:58 PM
This may be a little much but, when you asked that girl what her name was and she said she didn't have one a quick reply would've been "Ok,so what's your number?" or "Ok,what's your sign?" or my personal favorite would be " Well then what name should I scream out when we're having sex?"
 AlphaMale401
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2011 10:46:45 AM
a friend of mine used to use this one all the time and it almost backfired once but i cut him off before he could finish and she ended up giving him her number.

Him: Hey cutie can i talk to you for a second?
Her: No! then walks away...
Him: Damn, and you was looking real good for a minute ....(makes buzzer noise) eeeeeeeeeehhh times up ugly ****!!!

Not a fan of disrespecting women like this but it was a funny comeback for getting dissed..
 Fawni
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/18/2011 8:07:27 PM
Best one I have ever heard my buddy walks up to this girl

Him: How you doing?
Her: (glares walks away)
Him HEY!!!!! COOKIE!!!!!!
Her: (looks back)
Him: NOT YOU DOG BISCUIT !!!!

FAWNI: :O rofl
 dyanna2011
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2011 9:53:59 PM
An ex of my made a pass at me years later and I told him....

I would have to be dead and buried for you to ever get another chance to have sex with me, and even then I believe I would have to come back to life just to tell you NO!
 dyanna2011
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2011 1:22:01 PM
When a guy messages me on here with someone along the lines of "your hot" the only reply they will get from me is the following...

wow thanks, I am sure you would like to think how original that is and how I have never ever heard that before in my whole life. At the age of 40 hearing about how you look becomes more of an annoyance than flattering. Plus I am secure enough with my appearance I do not need confirmation.

The truth of the matter is if I wasn't "hot" you wouldn't waste your time on me, so do me a favor and don't waste mine because superficial people annoy me.
 Nicolai_Conrad
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/22/2011 1:51:11 PM
One time on here I got the reply: 'Learn to type before you try to be clever'
which I could'nt think of anything to reply with.
 Punkiye
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/24/2011 2:50:08 AM
i guess i would just say something. about then u can use my name then cuz u will be screaming it later. it's rude, crude i know. but i just laugh.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/27/2011 6:47:01 AM
I was in the club couple years ago angling to chat with the hottest girl there (I had met her before and a crowd of dudes was seriously throwing themselves at this perfect Brazilian hottie)

so as I get close, suddenly a hot girl breaks off from the crowd -turns to me and sqared off on me...i try to brush past her...

her: excuse me !
me: pardon me...
her: what r u doin ?
me: just gonna say hi to Giselle ...
her: well how much money do you make ? (said loud enough for everyone to hear her dressing me down)

me : (loud enough for everyone around to hear) I make more money that you make laying on your back in them cum filled booths at that strip club you 2 work at !!!

her jaw was on the ground as I pushed on past...

people were high 5'ing each other.
 dishtech
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/24/2011 9:00:42 PM
I approached a woman once and before I could say a word, she rolled her eyes and said"what do you want?" Already pizzed off I replied"YOUR BODY. She said "you can't afford it". I told her that she must be selling it by the pound then.
 mhynze
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/26/2011 9:21:26 PM
this i like....haha
 warren1512
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/6/2012 6:54:11 PM
Name? "I don't have one"

Oh! That's tough...we were born dirt poor too....but my dad managed to get me one just before I started school. Hi , I'm Seemore..Seemore Ditsy (pronounce (you)"seem more ditsy")
 Brother_Darkness
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 1:16:07 PM
Guy: Excuse me. Would you like to dance/have a drink?

Woman: (rudely) No.

Guy: (turns to friend/random guy) SHE SAID NO, SORRY!!!

or

Guy: Excuse me. Would you like to dance/have a drink?

Woman: (rudely) No.

Guy: (looking disappointed) My friend's going to be disappointed.

What a lot of you seem to be forgetting or at least that I haven't seen mentioned is that about 75% of women that you will see at a bar/club are not really there to meet a guy. There are most likely there to enjoy themselves and the atmosphere. If you are going to approach a lady you should keep that in mind. Also, one liners and ice breakers are nice and all, however, if it seems forced it will bomb. Be natural. Be yourself.Try to make her smile and/or compliment something about her attire.

The best thing that I find to do is to introduce yourself, give a quick compliment, and walk away. Plant the seed and let it grow. If she is interested then she will seek you out later.
 travis6034767
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 2:01:28 PM
that was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!wish I had been there to hear it

your the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Kohmelo
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 7:16:04 PM

Well the other day I finally ran into one that left me speechless. This young lady walks by and I stopped her to ask her name, to which she simply replied 'I don't have one...' and she starred up blankly kind of like she had downs. I figured it was a one off and just forget it but then the girls I was with told me they use is all the time so I've got to come up with a way to turn that conversation back around to a playful one. Any ideas!?

her: 'I don't have one...'
me: good. I'll call you Molly. I like that name. How were you today Molly?
 a1970boy
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/26/2012 8:12:10 PM
It's...."dance??? no, I said you look fat in those pants"
 a1970boy
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/26/2012 8:19:19 PM
It's...."dance??? no, I said you look fat in those pants"
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Best Rejection Comebacks/Lines