Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > How many telemarketer phone calls do you get in a day?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 89*4L
Msg: 1
How many telemarketer phone calls do you get in a day?Page 1 of 1    
I get 6-12 a day, no joke. What is the best way to "shut them down"? Please don't refer a technique that costs money. I can already imagine someone recommending me spend money on some application or program to keep this from occuring. Actually I am interested, are there ways to keep telemarketers from calling that cost money? Is it illegal for telemarketers to leave messages on your voicemail? Im guessing it is, but I don't know. Do telemarketers make you miserable?
 infraradiant
Msg: 2
How many telemarketer phone calls do you get in a day?
Posted: 10/9/2009 5:38:14 PM
I don't get (or accept) any: 1.) I don't answer calls outside my own area code... 2.) I put my phone# on my states "No-Call" list... and 3.) I disabled my voicemail. (friends who need me, know how to get a hold of me). *wipe hands on pants* - Done and Done.
 Spagett!
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2009 5:57:02 PM
The best way to get off the telemarketer "hit list" is to sign up on the No-call list.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

The next step is; every time you get a telemarketer call add their number to this list:

http://800notes.com/

That site is great for those "unidentified" callers. I use it all the time, there was a particular company that kept calling me about my expired car insurance. Went to that site, added the report, and now that company is gone (more or less).

Hope those links help! I know the telemarketers can be terrible at times, especially in the mid-west.

PS: Not illegal to leave advertising messages. I do want to say it is illegal to use one of those "call machines" (Like Homer had in that one episode of "The Simpsons")
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/9/2009 10:38:59 PM
My phone blocks all that stuff very nicely.
 Wiyan
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/11/2009 4:29:59 PM
unlist your #+add yourself to the National do not call list. Reject anonumous #'s on your phone service helps also
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > How many telemarketer phone calls do you get in a day?