Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > CONTEST~~Its a free for all:)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 1
CONTEST~~Its a free for all:)Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ive decided since Cats contest just ended yesterday,it would be a cool idea to run another one.This time,I thought it would be fun to submit *one of your favorite original poems of any style on ANY topic..Im so impressed and amazed by all the talented writers here.Myself,Cats,and possibly one or two other judges who will be added shortly will be judging the contest.I figured we needed more than one person voting to make it fair .Get your entries in..The winner of the contest will be posted on Friday July 15th*Good luck to all,and show us what youre workin with:)
 catsmeow02
Msg: 2
CONTEST~~Its a free for all:)
Posted: 7/10/2005 1:50:55 PM
Fell, Even though I am a judge here, I thought I would help kick things off.

written October 2003
Gone Before Goodbye

No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say goodbye,
You were gone before we knew it,
And only God knows why.

If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven,
And bring you back again.

Since I cannot climb to heaven,
I get on my knees and pray,
Hoping that God takes my life too,
So that I can be with you one day.

When you left there wasn't a dry eye,
Because we didn't want to part,
Now that you are gone for good,
There is an empty space in my heart.

No one can take that empty space,
Because that belonged to you, my love,
Having you in my life was a treasure,
And I know you're watching me from above.

Since you're gone I try to stay strong,
But at night there were times I cried,
Because I never did get the chance,
To say goodbye, no matter how hard I tried.
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/10/2005 2:06:51 PM
What a beautiful way to kick of the contest...awesome job Cats....I guess Ill go for it too chica...LOL Obviously were posting for fun..... Oh,and cats..I tried to reply to the posts in my thread but its not letting me post GRRR hehe sorry all just venting

My emotions bleed
Soaking through my salty summer memories
Contrasting with the Indian paintbrush sky
Is there something magical in evenings quiet graces
As the moon shines downfrom midnight skies
In ghostly silver traces
My dreams trip over memories of you when Im asleep
All the people and broken promises they couldnt keep
Your eyes light up the darkness
Of my childlike curiosities
As your heart sings to me
With the softness of an irish lullabye
Echoing through a grassy mountain meadow
Carried by the wings of a butterfly
I will face my future bravely
with grace and tranquility
I will reach down and brush the sand softly away
from my childhood skinned knees
As my lovely heart beats
In perfect synchronicity with the breeze
If only we could see what magic lies ahead
of the memeories weve all safely tucked
In a box under our beds

Good luck everyone...I showed you mine...now you show me yours hehe:P
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/10/2005 4:23:48 PM
Amazing as always Dinged...wow..Im speechless..This is going to be one heck of a contest!*****Important update....It was suggested to me that letting others vote might be a good idea...Since I dont want any hate mail...LOL,and because it is more fair, Im going to open a thread where everyone can vote on their favorite poem.
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/10/2005 8:49:44 PM
We have 3 fantastic entrants in the contest so far!All poems need to be submitted by wenesday before midnight......Then the voting begins..I posted the voting thread already but ignore it untill then LMAO
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 6
Amazing Stuff Yall
Posted: 7/11/2005 12:50:26 AM

Im glad I decided to go with the open judging because Yall are awesome...Thanks for your entries!Good luck..and remember..Please post only one entry.If you post more than one by accident...let us know in this thread which one you want in the contest.Having more than one entry makes it unfair to everyone else...I know..LOL rules Blah Have fun with this.....I cant wait to see the rest of the entries if your works are any indication of whats to come...Great job..Hugs,kat
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 7
Dont Judge Me LOL..Just cause I wanna
Posted: 7/11/2005 1:01:26 AM
One more from me for kicks....remember no votes for my stuff kids.....

The wind whispers in the willow tree
Supple golden arms entangle
Crying like distant violins
Seranading an Indian harvest Moon
Flowers blossom and unfold
Like a forgotten garden of my childhood memories
This is a place where I can breathe
As the wind in the willows sings to me
My eyes are painted gently
By natures timeless brush
The artists lanscape in one perfect vision
This is what really touches my heart
As i walk down this spanless path before me
With dreams of a poet and my gypsy smile
I want to feel this way forever
Tranquil and free
But it seems again
The years have passed too soon
The daisies have been planted
And found their place to bloom
I pick one
And put it in my hair as a remembrance
As the wind whispers in the willow tree
Of all the things Ive yet to be
Of all my secret unknown destinies~~~

K..Thats it for me posting in this thread..I just like having fun too:)Its all yours again guys...Get your submissions in by Wenesday Night anytime before midnight And one more time...good luck to all

Alistair10
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/11/2005 11:10:14 AM
I'm game...I really don't recall when I wrote this but it was waaayyyyy back in high school. I think. It remains untitled.

When we are torn,
At long last born,
Into the World and screaming.
We spend the first 4 years of life,
Learning and ever dreaming.
But then, unless we be a fool
Afraid we're bundled off to school.

Where each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass,
A book of rules.
And each must make
Ere life is flown
A stumbling block,
Or a stepping stone.
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/11/2005 12:58:10 PM
Yall are all way beyond talented....I mean everyone in this thread so far.Its been so enjoyable to read your words..Not noly read them but feel and experience them .WOW is all I can say as Im completely blown away by everyone right now..Woo Hoo! This contest rocks so far.All of you would win in my book if it were up to me.In a way Im so glad it isnt because I never couldve decided such a thing.Its a free for all!Get your entries in before midnight on Wednesday.Thats when the voting begins.Thank you everyone for participating......Hugs,Kat...One more thing... YAY! Big round of applause...yeah Im a goof at times:)
 mari_sam
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2005 8:11:15 PM
Hey Fell,
Told ya I'd stick one in here! This was my favorite one to write!!!

EMOTIONAL THRUSTING

I started out
Nice and slow
With every rhythm
I did go

Oh, I twisted
Oh, I turned
Up and down
Until it burned

With every thrust
I wanted more
Until sensation
Stripped my core

I let out moans
And then a scream
I could have sworn
It was a dream

My back was arching
Side to side
Emotions erupted
Until I cried

My body went limp
Had to give in
I shouted out
Ok, you win

Layed back gently
My thoughts of “WOW”
I wiped the glisten
Off my brow

Never before have
I felt such desire
To get those lug nuts
Off my tire

Sam
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/11/2005 8:48:56 PM
Thanks Garf and Mari Sam for your fantastic yet very different writes..LMAO Mari Sam:)Good luck everyone.I am absolutely loving reading the things yall are posting in here.Its been such a pleasureThanks guys!!!
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/12/2005 12:46:46 AM
Word it was more than rather hilarious! I almost peed my pants...I know how elloquent of me..
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 13
Times flyin by :)Get your poems in!
Posted: 7/12/2005 1:20:30 PM
Such beautiful imagery ladies! Thanks so much for droppin in and sharing those with all of us..Im so psyched about this contest Your guess is as good as mine as to who is going to win this.Its all in fun though and I just hope everyone else is enjoying reading all the great writes here as much as I have.Have a good one all.Thanks for your entries.Remeber ,you have until before midnight this wednesday to get your poems in....so move it ..LMAO Kidding kidding Love yall,Kat
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/13/2005 3:14:31 AM
Thank you Vickyyyyyy and solo flyer for your interest in the contest....I am so excited to see so many friends and new faces showing up for this contest.Everyone who entered rocks,so nomatter how the votes fall,remember this is all in fun and youre all uber talented in different ways.Is it me or do I sound like a mom? HAHA..Anyway,I really love reading all the fabulous writes in here.....Its coming down to the wire now...Anyone who still wishes to get in on this super groovy :)free for all has until before 12 am tonight..AKA Thursday morning to get their entries in.Good luck to all of you...Hugs, Kat
 catsmeow02
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/13/2005 11:23:01 AM
azure, if you are interested in posting your poetry, feel free to start your own thread. I would love to see what else you have in you.

I love all the entries in this contest so far. Everyone is doing a lovely job, as a quick reminder, you all have until midnight tonight to get those entries in. KEEP IT UP!!!
 catsmeow02
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/13/2005 2:01:55 PM
u-boat, I hope that wasn't directed to me, lol.

I shall help fell out, and by midnight tonight, if she hasn't opened her voting thread, I shall bump the one she made up to the top for others to vote.
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 17
Thanks Cats!
Posted: 7/13/2005 4:30:39 PM
Hey Kids.LOL Im back!Everyone the voting for the contest begins at midnight tonight and runs until 11pm On friday...Winner will be announced an hour later,or whenever I get in that night....JK Wink..Thank you so much to everyone who entered this contest.The latest enteries are all awesome works as well Way to go guys!I hope to see alot of people turning out to vote tonight.Its good to support your fellow poets people.Thank you cats for havin my back girl!Busy day for me.I know...I suck..LOL Good luck to all of you,Cats stuff counts in the contest now too because she isnt judging.....but DO NOT vote for me....even if ya reallllllly wanna haha..If youre reading this,and choose not to vote..I will find out and hold you hostage until the contest is over Watch out for angry writers...ya dont wanna mess with me now do ya?LMAO Good luck and play nice till I get back..LOL Hugs,and good luck..Kat
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 18
Its 1100 PM where I am yo LOL
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:11:14 PM
The poetry contest thread is closed in one hour......Type fast yall and get your entries in...I mean,if its a few minutes late.....Its not like school..LOL Id still count it....But by 1230 am ok?Have fun and good luck!
 catsmeow02
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/13/2005 9:29:04 PM
your, you just sneaked that last one in here. It shall count. There are only a few minutes left so as far as I'm concerned, this contest is over.
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/13/2005 9:29:42 PM
I have a daughter too^^ Your poem is beautiful..and no you arent too late..Good luck to all..2 more minutes to enter...taps foot..lol Ill give you guys till ONE am cause Im cool like that EDIT Cats is cool too..I didnt see her post until after this was posted LOL love ya chica
 catsmeow02
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/13/2005 9:36:17 PM
girl, u know i got ur back, lol.
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 22
There is a nice new bright shiny voting thread
Posted: 7/13/2005 9:46:01 PM
The new voting thread..Vote darn ya...is where to cast your votes....Just let the old one float to the bottom of the pond ok guys?LOL I posted the other one so early and I was afraid yall wouldnt get the attention or number of votes because people were so used to seeing the other one...Anyway..good luck..Mwah
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/13/2005 10:02:47 PM
Lucky you Qman...I knew of a few people that expressed an interest in the contest...so I left it open until one am...which it is right now.I love your entry,and Im glad ya made it under the wire hon!Good luck to all!THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED FOR ENTRIES.....TIME TO VOTE FOR YOUR TOP TWO FAVORITES....... * Please use the new..VOTE DARN YA thread...I will count votes in the other,but just makes it easier for me to keep track if theyre all in one..Thanks :)
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/13/2005 10:05:30 PM
Happy dances with you!woo hoo Good luck everyone VOTING STARTS NOW AND RUNS TILL FRIDAY AT 11PM (Check vote darn ya thread for more info):)
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 25
Late Inclusion
Posted: 7/14/2005 12:31:41 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ Im including this guys poem...because he was the lucky poster number...or something....LOL..Your in.
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > CONTEST~~Its a free for all:)