Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > how do i stop my profile coming up on web/google search      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pulsebabe
Msg: 1
view profile
History
how do i stop my profile coming up on web/google searchPage 1 of 1    
my profile and all my details are showing on search engines, i do not want my personal info showing for safety reasons, how do i set my profile to not show on web searches? thanks
 pulsebabe
Msg: 4
view profile
History
how do i stop my profile coming up on web/google search
Posted: 10/16/2009 1:50:18 PM
why would i want to hide it on this site? i only want to stop it showing up on a web search?????
 pulsebabe
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2009 1:52:29 PM
i have tried to get google to remove all my content but they denied the action.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2009 2:03:20 PM

i have tried to get google to remove all my content but they denied the action.
Two options, hide your profile or delete it... if you delete it, it will remain cached with google for a time as well.
 helnback
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/24/2016 2:38:06 PM
I find it odd that someone concerned about this in 2009 could no bother to remove their profile or photo...still up 7 years later. You can't fix stupid.
 zellow1992
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/9/2017 8:08:41 AM
How can I stop my profile from showing up on websites and google search engines
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/11/2017 5:01:32 AM

How can I stop my profile from showing up on websites and google search engines

Delete it.
 jays_plentyoffish
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/16/2018 8:27:51 PM
Wow, you people are a bunch of unhelpful shits.

The real problem is that users do NOT need to be logged in to see your profile, and there's no setting to change this behavior. This is insane. All decent competitors not only do not make profiles viewable to non-members, but give you fine-grained control over who can see it. POF is a terrible, out-dated website and most likely this problem was never intentional.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/17/2018 6:22:30 AM

Wow, you people are a bunch of unhelpful shits.

No, I answered the question in an efficient manner. The only way to prevent your profile showing up in search results is to delete it. As you mention, there is no need to be logged in to access profiles here, so there is no way to prevent search engine spiders indexing your profile. If you don't like it then the only option you have, is to delete it.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/5/2018 12:43:06 AM

You shouldn't have to delete your profile just to hide it.

What you should or shouldn't have to do is immaterial. Currently, deleting it is the only way to remove it from search engines. That's the way this site has always been, and probably always will be.
 feirene
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 6:39:21 AM
all your old profiles appear in search as well.
best way to 'hide' them would to be have something really popular for a name and then you'd maybe only show up on page 10 of results or something.
 DanielaPower
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/15/2018 11:16:41 AM
I tried to contact pof with so many emails, no one reply. They put my phone nr and my profile on Google search,,,and google denied to remove it. They need to be sue by people for bridging our privacy. Anyone can type my phone nr goes into my deleted pof account, my account is DELETED, All of you do you understand,,,,and come up with all informations about me. They are crooks and thefts.. I dont know who to call anymore, I spoke with the police, they told me is a CIVIL MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON
 ForumLurker
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/15/2018 5:41:15 PM

I dont know who to call anymore, I spoke with the police, they told me is a CIVIL MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds about right.

I can tell you who to call if you want POF ”to be sue by people”.
Call an attorney.
If you want a lawsuit filed against a party you have to file the lawsuit and a suit against Match Group, that owns POF and likely has a team of lawyers on staff and entire law firms on retainer, will require the help of a team of lawyers to have a snowball’s chance of success.

They are crooks and thefts..
I do not understand. What did they steal from you?!??

Anyone can type my phone nr
Every profile is available via Google.
Somebody would already need to know you to some extent in order to have your phone number for a Google search.

Now, about your current profile…
If your user name DanielaPower is your real name and you live in Calgary, Alberta as your profile lists, or anywhere close to Calgary, how hard do you think it will be for people to find out everything they want to know about you. It is a cakewalk to find a person’s social media accounts, address, number of people in your household along with their names and ages, your employer, your address and all your phone numbers, etc. etc.

The onus is upon you to protect yourself and understand risks when putting yourself out there in cyber space.

goes into my deleted pof account, my account is DELETED, All of you do you understand,,,,and come up with all informations about me.

Always keep in mind the often repeated warning; “anything you put on the internet will always be on the internet.
 DanielaPower
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/19/2018 1:16:28 PM
It cant be this way,,,THAT'S fraud and POF or Google should be sue. I have never encounter this problem, not even with Facebooks, or Twitter. Google told me some one stoled my ip address from my computer,,and post pof on google search. They told me I need special tools to remove it. Please help...I have been searching how to remove pof info from Google Search..Thanks
 DanielaPower
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/19/2018 1:19:01 PM
And found nothing.. Google told me is someone from USA, Who stole my ip address from my computer..and password show up. Thanks,
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > how do i stop my profile coming up on web/google search