Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > BBC      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oggers
Msg: 7
view profile
History
BBCPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Theres always BBC 2, 3 , 4 and about 150 other channels to choose from , Shergar , if you dont like motor sport, put another channel on till beloved footy comes on - again - at half ten
 Trianon123
Msg: 19
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:16:45 AM
The power these corporations wield is fascism in action - thankfully, there are tv license resistance sites on the web which are helping people with some of the issues. I wouldnt object so much if the fee was shared out between the providers that people watch but its the power wielded by the BBC that I object to - wholeheartedly! They actually frighten people on their own doorsteps then punish them for being poor, if it was anybody else they'd be locked up for such behaviour - it isnt as if we have the choice to block the BBC either.

Fascism at its finest!
 Jo van
Msg: 21
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 2/13/2012 8:53:40 AM
I think the BBC do a good job. (It could be better though)
I watch a lot of their programs, and often have the BBC News Channel (Ch 80) on all day (IF I'm in)
I'd like to see more consumer programs, and more reviews of products.
(Properly, not like Top Gear)
The BBC are the only TV company that aren't frightened, by the withdrawal of advertising revenues.
They should be scathing in their reviews, and completely independent.
They have some good stuff on BBC Three, and Four too sometimes.
It's only a few pence a day, good value IMO.

vlad dracul
Msg: 23
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 2/13/2012 11:35:27 PM
well there is the crux

you have to have a tv licence for the bbc whether you watch
the rubbish they put on or not

cable and sky are payable only if you want to

maybe if the bbc sacked all their high earners and presenters
and gave new folk the chance i might agree with you

money seems to be in no short supply at the beeb, just look at a live
event abroad? there are 100's of the fvckers attend on a freebie.

why does tv and radio need different commentators?

anyway i would actively encourage folk to not buy a licence until they
start paying presenters wha\t they are worth. about £500 per week
would suffice

or even better sack ALL the staff and hire east europeans at the minimum wage
and make them work 14 hour days
 vlad dracul
Msg: 26
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 2/14/2012 3:04:19 AM
Was there not a bit of a stushie a wee while ago about bbc execs getting sky installed in their houses and claiming the money on expenses?

I don't think any station can touch sky atlantic at the moment.
 MikeWM
Msg: 29
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 2/15/2012 2:24:38 PM
The BBC does do SOME good programming but being forced into HAVING to pay for a the governments main propoganda department is taking the piss really

They go out of their way to make it almost impossible to NOT recieve their programs because they know how many people would opt out of recieving it if they could

And considering that its available all around the globe for free anyway via the internet makes it a bit ridiculous that just because youre unfortunate enough to have been born in the UK you have to pay for the mediocre junk is just silly really

They should have to fund themselves by selling advertising like everyone else and the TV tax should be scrapped
 badge73
Msg: 30
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 2/15/2012 2:42:33 PM
The Bbc is a typical left wing ideal meaning everyone pays regardless. Think about it, how dare you have the chance to pay for what you enjoy? It's a bit like saying you pay for anything regardless? Is that fair in a free country?
 MikeWM
Msg: 31
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 2/15/2012 2:46:56 PM
Free country?

My mistake, I thought we were discussing the UK
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > BBC