Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Let me pose a question, how much is to much sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 19justice78
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Let me pose a question, how much is to much sex?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
HUM well I've had this before, thank God it's only been once. He constantly complained that I was always wanting IT! But he also had issues beyond lack of desire, he had trouble getting it up, he didn't perform oral sex and he had multiple females hanging around. I think he had some guilt issues there. Needless to say he had some serious head issues and I'm not talking just on his head. That lasted about 2 months and two sexual encounters. Which was all I needed to walk away from this nut case.
 annikka
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Let me pose a question, how much is to much sex?
Posted: 10/17/2009 2:27:39 PM
Well, this is an interesting question. I think it depends on what both people want. If your partner is to aggressive, and is trying to 'show' you he's some sort of stud, you may have a problem. Just had this happen to me, and am glad my legs are still attached to my hips.
 damassteel
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2009 4:14:13 PM
Sex is just like any other natural appetite. It's got to be managed within a reasonable context, as in available time and energy. For some it's too much when they would rather be doing something else and they don't feel the "need" in that moment. I believe generally speaking, the person who wants it the least is the person who controls frequency and sometimes that just sucks if you're the one with the bigger need. I've been on both ends and neither extreme is desireable.
 m14shooter
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2009 4:25:46 PM
This is why it is so important to have a sex discussion very early on so you don't find out a year down the road you are not compatible in that area. First date or two I will not discuss it usually but after that I want to find out what she likes and tell her what I like as I don't want to have to dump someone after 6 months to a year because she wants something I am not at all into like multiple partners and such.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2009 5:27:03 PM
This is what I consider a very leading question. You apparently feel you are not getting enough.
My return question is, why, at 23, are you asking us, instead of simply replacing the gal? No matter how many votes you get from us, she's not going to change.
I've been in your situation, and I've also been the other person in your situation. The problem, what ever it is, will NOT be solved or even helped by asking other people about it.
You have to either work things out with the other person, or find another person.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/21/2010 8:18:33 AM

Answer:
More than your partner wants.

actually, that's the wrong answer...and the right answer at the same time.

its wrong, because you could want it once a week and your partner wants it once a month....and it puts you in the "wrong" for wanting it more than your partner.

its right, because it shines a light on issues within a relationship.

even if the issues are just from one side.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2010 12:13:38 PM
In my own experience, when there's a difference of opinion within a couple about how much sex is the right amount, the sex itself isn't the main problem. When people are still in the getting together period, yes. Still learning about each other, sure. But after that, the discussion usually comes up because ONE of the partners has lost or declined in their sexual interest in the other. In that case, it isn't a matter of finding the RIGHT amount, it's a matter of finding out why the interest has lagged. Physical/biological problems? Depression? Stress? Find and fix the REAL problem, and the sex will fix itself.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/21/2010 1:13:47 PM
In my experience, during the courtship period, the lower interest person (male or female) disregards their own natural level, and attempts to meet their partner. Once the deal is done (move in/marriage), they revert. They DO NOT see this as devious. I DO.

And, yep, the low desire partner *always* gets their way. Therefore, it's a very good idea to have a very very long lead in time, because in general big differences are going to eventually end the relationship.

ForeverLong
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2010 6:48:01 PM
I concur with the previous post by ktori. Seems that not many of you get enough to know that there is such a thing as too much sex. Not really a big deal if you can rest your naughty bits for a day or two.... and then fvck, suck and masturbate each other for hours at a time again and again till one you starts to experience physical pain.
 LSUdude24
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/24/2010 7:49:51 PM
Until my right wrist gives out.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Let me pose a question, how much is to much sex?