Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Drug Paraphernalia?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Drug Paraphernalia?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I wouldn't touch it or take it anywhere, I'd call the police to come look at it and talk to a lawyer about your rights first. A hidden camera would be a good idea to see just who it is but again, you'd need to know the laws in your state first, and really, how many of us know how to set up a hidden camera well anyway, I don't. I'd call an attorney first and get it all laid out there then maybe with the attorney, contact the police. I would not be getting my hands all over the evidence and I would not confront the tenant alone. And not out of fear but because I'd not want to end up on the wrong end of all this and be arrested myself.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Drug Paraphernalia?
Posted: 10/19/2009 5:41:05 PM
Isn't this your parents' home... perhaps you should bring this to their attention rather than your own considering it's their property.
 cookie22222
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Drug Paraphernalia?
Posted: 10/20/2009 5:32:42 AM
Very familiar with these kind of things from work - so tend to view it in that light. Absolutely sounds suspicious to me. If you don't live there - don't worry about it.

I once found a BAG full of needles in a children's park, maybe ten feet from the swings...when I called the police they told me to put it in the trash.

Trust me - what seems a huge deal - is absolutely NOTHING to the authorities.
 cookie22222
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Drug Paraphernalia?
Posted: 10/20/2009 6:27:42 AM
I know, I agree...I certainly expected them to at least come pick the bag up. But to them, it was no big deal. I think that "we" as a society see things through different lenses than the professionals do - and of course, I think the reaction depends on your location too. I'm right outside of Philadelphia, and there are areas of this town I wouldn't DRIVE through at night with the windows rolled up and the doors locked.
 daynadaze
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Drug Paraphernalia?
Posted: 10/20/2009 4:10:41 PM
Another thought, must drugs have a distinctive odor that will cling to other things in the garage. If your garage smells like cigarette smoke, then I'm guessing the person with ashtray idea is on to something.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Drug Paraphernalia?
Posted: 10/22/2009 6:46:15 AM
Why not just ask them. Confront the one person alone, get rid of the evidence and tell them they can't smoke there anymore.....period. Even smoking is not good for anyone.
 mikimikimiki
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Drug Paraphernalia?
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:34:09 PM
half cut beercan is an ashtray which fell behind the fridge and the mud is from the ash, all the other stuff just fell off the fridge, cause your tenants drink. alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs around and it is the one causing the biggest damage in our society out of all drugs. i think you have nothing to worry about.
 slimchance2010
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Drug Paraphernalia?
Posted: 10/23/2011 11:28:12 AM
If there is no indication of dealing going on and they aren't destructive, noisy and otherwise disruptive. Forget about it. Everyone has the god given right to engage in any of the activities you suspect and if it doesn't have any real effect on you in any way then why worry? A landlord is not a nanny.
 totalazzhole
Msg: 23
Drug Paraphernalia?
Posted: 10/23/2011 11:50:24 AM

Take the loot down to the local police station and ask them.
If they're using dope, they might be dealing it-- or having dealers deliver to your house.

I wouldn't do that..knowing the typical cop (lazy, looking for an EASY bust) .. they will bust YOU- say they caught you in possession of paraphernalia..
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Drug Paraphernalia?