Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women value being wives/mothers anymore?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tbuddha
Msg: 1
Do women value being wives/mothers anymore?Page 1 of 1    
It seems to me that being a wife or mother is of no interest to women anymore. I look through profiles of women and see interests like "travel", "dancing", "sex", "partying", "wine", etc...but never anything resembling family values. Do women want to cook for their men anymore? Take care of children while their man works? Take care of a home?

Do women value these feminine qualities? Or do you only want to compete with men and demean what we bring to the equation?
 tbuddha
Msg: 2
Do women value being wives/mothers anymore?
Posted: 10/19/2009 9:45:07 PM
That is most judgmental of you.

How was what judgmental? I'm just asking questions.

Do you put into your profile that you will protect the woman, that you will bring home the bacon, that you will look after the outdoor aspect of the house including pay bills ???

Maybe I should. I've just always assumed people would respect my abilities naturally. I DO put in my profile that I can fix cars and have rebuilt houses. Isn't that kinda like saying, "I have abilities. I'm a provider"?

Most men wouldn't do that stuff, so why does anyone want a traditional woman if they aren't going to be a traditional man and look after their family, or the one they acquire.

I guess most men don't anymore. Thankfully, I'm not "most men". If I was a woman, I'd demand a man that could be a provider for a family. Which brings me back to the original question of do women even care about family anymore?

Then, hypocritically, you state that she can't be a cigarette smoker, that she must quit.

That isn't hypocritical at all. One is a plant that grows naturally and has been proven to be GOOD for you. Cigarettes are filled with chemicals that kill thousands every year. Sheesh...
 cliffycashew
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2009 9:58:30 PM
1. Women do value these qualities, but also value having interests (i.e. a life) outside the home! How would you like it if you were expected to give up several of your interests and your job-- to just clean, cook, and raise kids for years? Would it become mindnubmingly dull after awhile? Would you feel like you're not utilizing your mind to its full extent? Raising a family is a team process, where both partners should have equal (equitable) roles. Fathers that rely on women to raise the children usually don't have very good relationships with them down the road, and the kids pay the price.

2. It's not a competition between women and men... It's women and men realizing that women also deserve to have interests and fulfillment in life.

3. For the majority of families, it's not even economically feasible for the mother to stay home full time.

4. Consider the age of women you're looking at. middle aged women are less likely to list partying as an interest than younger women.

5. It seems like you have a horribly sexist and outdated perspective on relationships- please reconsider!
 tbuddha
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/19/2009 10:05:21 PM

1. Women do value these qualities, but also value having interests (i.e. a life) outside the home! How would you like it if you were expected to give up several of your interests and your job-- to just clean, cook, and raise kids for years? Would it become mindnubmingly dull after awhile? Would you feel like you're not utilizing your mind to its full extent?

Is that any worse than slaving away for a paycheck day in and day out? How about all the crappy jobs guys take to make a buck that women can't do? Guys like firemen and alaskan fishermen risk their lives so you can eat crabcakes. Is minding a home really that bad? I actually like hanging out at my place. As far as kids, my point is that that is supposed to be a womans strength. Who do kids cry for when they're hurt or scared? Mommy. I suppose by your answer, you don't value this quality, as you call it mindnumbingly dull. Does this mean you think kids are dull?

Raising a family is a team process, where both partners should have equal (equitable) roles. Fathers that rely on women to raise the children usually don't have very good relationships with them down the road, and the kids pay the price.

Wrong. Marriages with defined gender roles are many magnitudes more successful.
 24DegreeAngel
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2009 10:18:33 PM
Anyone who is around your age (30s...) who hasn't already done the mother and wife thing that is HEAVILY focused on that is probably chasing men around with a crossbow trying to get them to marry her and father her children.... suicidal and crying to the sound of her biological clock in her apartment.... or is online and lying about liking dancing and pop culture.
 tbuddha
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/19/2009 10:19:00 PM

Women can be wives and mothers and have a career as well and achieve a healthy, positive balance between the two.

Not from what I can tell. Define "healthy"
 cliffycashew
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2009 10:24:00 PM
Ahhh you've solve it! He is a troll.

Kids cry out for whoever takes care of them. If dads take care of them, they'll cry out for dad. you should try it sometime, but I wouldn't want to subject a poor kid to that.

NEWSFLASH: There are thousands of women working in traditionally "mens" fields everyday, and doing it very well. Doctors used to be a male-only field-- are you suggesting that women doctors are inferior to men? Why? Where does the line end?

It's great that you like hanging out at your place (I'm also assuming you enjoy cooking and cleaning), but that's the key -- you like it, and it's your choice. In your world, women would not have a choice- their entire lives would revolve around those things.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women value being wives/mothers anymore?