Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > My gut      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 singleagain66
Msg: 3
My gutPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Dude she lied and was with another guy and yes its true you can't prove nothing happen with the guy but here's the thing she can't prove it either so she can tell you anything. So what you need to do is her good and find someone who will not do what she did to you. And is she then so what maybe next time she will not do what she did to the next guy she meets and get in a relationship with.
 TheReason_
Msg: 8
view profile
History
My gut
Posted: 10/21/2009 6:51:50 PM
Head up, walk away like a man. Tell her good bye. Don't freak out, don't swear. Just tell her to go away, and be with the other guys.

Don't blame her, she has a medical condition, which is becoming more and more common.

It's called whore.

You take her back, and guaranteed they will be laughing behind your back at what a fool you are. Forget her. There are what 3 billion other women to choose from. Find a better selection.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 9
My gut
Posted: 10/21/2009 7:01:44 PM
I saw the title and I looked at your profile right away to see how big is your gut!

So you love her with all your heart but your gut is skeptical? Gut is probably right in this case....

Hello Beauties...
Msg: 10
My gut
Posted: 10/21/2009 8:18:23 PM
Don't waste your time...

Move on... she doesn't respect you.

Plenty of women out there, don't get oneitis.
 Thorrin
Msg: 11
view profile
History
My gut
Posted: 10/21/2009 8:23:20 PM
It would be wise for you to listen to the ladies within this post. Their mindset is not indifferent to your woman. From one man to another... Your woman does not feel the same way towards you as you unto her. She would appear to be weighing her options. There seems to be more to this story than you are letting onto though. I do not believe that the given situation is as simple as you have explained it. If in fact, this is all you know of the situation, then look further into it. I would say that her GF thinks that your woman can do better than you. I would say that your woman was introduced to this man through her GF. What is the relationship status between you and the GF? This could resolve much of the issues at hand. You need to consider the mindset of your woman. How easily persuaded is she into second guessing her own wants and desires? I believe this to be a situational matter. Consider all that I have said, then weigh your options. Ask her about the events leading to the point in which you found her leaving her home with this man. Who is truly to blame for these turns of events? You, her, or her GF? Think about it. Get the facts first and see things for what they are. Best of luck to you.
 Kimberish925
Msg: 12
view profile
History
My gut
Posted: 10/21/2009 8:48:00 PM
I'm going to play devil's advocate here...but I am by no means condoning lying if that is the case.

Honestly, need more info to offer a legitimate opinion, but here goes...

Did you ask her what was going on?
Did you "catch her" with in the time she should have been at her gf's house or was it a few hours after?
Has she ever given you a reason to not trust her before this?

You love her with all your heart...if so you would out of the kindness of your heart ask her to explain her actions.

Many times people jump to conslusions, not based on the actions of a current partner but based on actions of someone in their past. Me being the analytical type means innocent until proven guilty. If my gut tells me that they are lying, I will ask or find proof one way or the other. Not lying, no harm, get caught lying...bye, bye!
 daynadaze
Msg: 13
view profile
History
My gut
Posted: 10/21/2009 10:44:05 PM
You caught her on a date with a man, it was too soon for her to do what she had planned so she's saying it didn't mean anything because all they got to do was talk? Or she was talking to a man as she left the area of her apt. and you jumped to conclusions?

If she's lying, do you need people here to tell you to dump her?
 TheReason_
Msg: 14
view profile
History
My gut
Posted: 10/22/2009 12:23:15 AM
No worries man. I she was 18, I would chalk it up to being young and stupid, and it was probably for the best since a person doesn't want to get too serious as a kid.

But at 40? She knows damn well what she was doing, she even lied about it. Let him have her. She will do the same thing to him, and the next one, and the next one.

Some people are simply broken.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 16
view profile
History
My gut
Posted: 10/22/2009 6:10:05 AM
What matters is she lied. She was withsomeone else, and not where she said she would be, her girlfiends. Girlfriends tend to cover the bases so you could expect her story corroberated by the girlfriend. I would forget her, move on she cant tell the truth and why would you want to go through another breaking experience with this lieing woman.
 NYCman530
Msg: 17
view profile
History
My gut
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:06:24 AM
Let me get this straight: She swore nothing happened between her and the guy and if that's the truth, why would she beg you to forgive her? And if it were the truth, why did she lie about where she was? I wouldn't trust her.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 18
My gut
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:10:28 AM
It's been my experience you don't have to lie
if you have nothing to hide.
 newOracle
Msg: 19
My gut
Posted: 10/22/2009 2:55:37 PM
My answer would be:

NO.
 oceaneyess
Msg: 21
view profile
History
My gut
Posted: 10/22/2009 4:45:52 PM
OP..so she's telling you that any girl you will find will be extremely happy with you and she cannot take you back? This simply means she is not interested in you. As painful as that is to wrap your mind around. Move on and don't give her any more of your time. Best of luck to you.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > My gut