Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Cooking with Saffron...any good recipes???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oceaneyess
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Cooking with Saffron...any good recipes???Page 1 of 1    
I recently was given a very nice gift of Saffron from friends who have family in Iran. 2 ounces (that's a lot!) of the most expensive spice in the world..only problem is..I don't have a clue as to how to cook with it.

Can anyone share some of their saffron recipes with me?

Thank you!
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 2
Cooking with Saffron...any good recipes???
Posted: 10/25/2009 1:58:17 PM
Saffron gives its distinctive favor (and yellow color) to many recipes, I mainly use it with rice, chicken, soups and in cream sauces. A very small quantity is needed (1 gram) as it is very potent. There are lots of recipes on the internet, Google it and you'll find everything you need - mostly Mediterranean and Middle Eastern recipes.

oceaneyess
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 3:44:29 PM
Smiling Salmon, Wonderful, thank you!
 oceaneyess
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 10:27:13 PM
Thank you again SS..you are a wealth of information. All those recipes sound great. I'm going to make all of them. I'd like a bowl of the soup right now. :)
 texasbaby
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 1:26:39 AM
Don't lose your saffron!
A few years ago my Mom, for some reason, ordered some saffron from a spice company. But, when it came, she didn't want to cook anything with it.
So, one day I was at her house and she gave it to me! Yea! It was in a tiny little vial which I layed in the console of my car, while I drove home.
But, when I got to my house,, it was gone! Rolled away somewhere, I suppose. I looked forever, in the cracks of the seats, under the seats, under the floor mats and so on and on ~ I never found that little vial!
I mean really,, who would lose their saffron in the car??

tb
 oceaneyess
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 12:36:53 PM
Lol..I lose the strangest things in the strangest places too,but keeping the saffron in the tin it came in high up on my cupboard. :) Friendly,,,thank you for the pear recipe..I have a few trees and the pears are ripe and falling off now. Your recipe sounds very tasty.
 oceaneyess
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 12:02:30 AM
Sure thing...going to cook all the recipes given this coming weekend...Got the pears ready. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Cooking with Saffron...any good recipes???