Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > question when a male friend reads a profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 autogal
Msg: 1
view profile
History
question when a male friend reads a profilePage 1 of 1    
I have been friends with a guy for a year. he is looking for someone and so am i, he has never asked me out as i do not fit what he is looking for. he is looking for slim to athletic and i am hardly that .anyway i took out a profile out on eharmony i do not understand when he found out he was not too happy, what is up with that.
I did not tell him i had taken it out , he just found it when he was probably entering his
anyway what gives
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
question when a male friend reads a profile
Posted: 10/26/2009 4:04:41 AM
This is pretty common behavior. He COULD be a control freak, or he could be like many I've seen, who get upset when any part of their surroundings (including people) threaten to change.
You don't say that he is an online dater himself, perhaps he disapproves of that, or of your choice of sites.
Ya gotta ask him to find out.
 kornbluth
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 4:07:03 AM

i took out a profile out on eharmony i do not understand when he found out he was not too happy

Aw, that's tragic as all get-out. Life is so unfair.

he just found it when he was probably entering his anyway what gives

It's the old double-standard. He stuck his nose where it doesn't belong and got it punched. Presumptious little snot.
 ScreamingBanshee
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/26/2009 4:44:15 AM
He's a stalker who is also a control freak, just like one of the other posters pointed out. Or maybe as a friend, he felt jaded that you didn't confide this to him. It is either or what you make of it.

Question: How do you know that he is athletic or fit? Have you ever dated him as a friend? Maybe he is just average or "just a few pounds" and the pics you see are old ones, not really him, or tells you this just because. Sounds to me like your "friend" is not only a stalker, but a couple of things besides.

Just saying.........
 gtomustang
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:28:01 AM
He thinks you're gonna find someone, and have less time for him.

Has he had this experience with you before? Has he had it w/ other friends?

Otherwise...he might just like you. who knows? Betcha he does Or maybe he doesn't know either. He ever invade your personal space? Make joking refs, then claim he was kidding?
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:59:12 AM
maybe the guy disapproves of dating sites. whatever you do, don't ask him - it's much more fun to stir your own pot with a bunch of strangers online.

yes, i realize this opinion makes me a control freak and stalker, and just for good measure, a 'player.'
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:22:22 AM
Darlin', there's an old saying, "familiarity breeds contempt." I am not so sure that it applies in this arena. Perhaps a better wording in this dating / friendship arena might be, "familiarity breeds approbation."

You need to talk to him and ferret out his feelings. It could be that he is a nut job and you are now seeing a side of him that is not so pleasant. On the other hand it could be that he is now seeing a side of you he desires and that by placing an ad on eHarmony he believes you are sending him a message of disinterest.

Why don't you, instead of putting words and feelings into his mouth, ask him out on a date and put the ball firmly into his court. If'n he swings, whether he hits it or not, will tell you loads.

Attraction is such an ephemeral trait that what we say we want is not always the deciding factor. Take a chance.

TK
 Sherlock101
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:41:16 PM
Hmmmm... guessing he's a FWB...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > question when a male friend reads a profile