Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rep. Alan Grayson - Republicans are Enemies of America      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kabiosile
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Rep. Alan Grayson - Republicans are Enemies of AmericaPage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

What do you think of his statement?

Sounds like republicans are getting a taste of their own medicine. I can't tell you for how long I have heard people say horrible things about people from the so called "left wing."

They claim they are unpatriotic, traitors etc.

Now that you know how it feels will you to continue the foolishness? I understand where people are coming from when they do it but, I do not agree with it.

It is a lot more complex than that. People by and large regardless of their political leanings love their country and want what they believe will lead to a better nation. I think we need to get away from this kind of thing on both sides of calling each other traitors, or enemies of the state etc.

All forms of political thought have their good points and their flaws. We can learn good things from them all if we are willing to discuss things with each other and act like adults instead of spoiled children.

Now as far as propaganda machines yes, they may have an agenda that goes against the intent and ideals of our nation but, they also have the right to free speech and I would support them to express that right most especially when I disagree with them.

As much as I cant stand faux news I would defend their right to air their junk because I believe in free speech. Same goes for the most extremist of right wingers, I detest what they have to say but, I would defend their right to do so every time!

flyguy51
Msg: 3
Rep. Alan Grayson - Republicans are Enemies of America
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:20:50 AM
Msg 2-- topics on other threads, btw.

I think Grayson's comments are heavy handed and hyperbolic. Knowing Ed's show, he probably did not protest much at all. I would say that Fox News is an enemy to good journalism and its own "Fair and Balanced" label, but a friend to sensationalism and good-looking blonde conservatives.
 flyguy51
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:33:06 AM
Yes... perhaps there is a pattern emerging here. Hmm... what is the underlying pattern here?
 EarlzP
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:37:54 AM

Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL), however, believes that an enemies list is exactly where Fox belongs.

"Fox News and their Republican collaborators are the enemy of America," Grayson told MSNBC's Ed Schultz on Wednesday. "They're the enemy of anybody who cares about health care in this country, the enemy of anybody who cares about educating their children, the enemy of anybody who wants energy independence or anything good for this country. And certainly the enemy of peace, there's no doubt about that. They are the enemy."

What do you think of his statement?

1st I think that he is entitled to his opinion

2nd I think that many people may agree with him

3rd He might have added some thing about the 30 republicans that voted against the anti-rape amendment
 flyguy51
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:59:21 AM

Its funny that the liberals had to quote 2 talk show hosts and only one politician who may have exaggerated to make her point but if you were to read HR3200 you will see that there will in fact be a "board" that will make health care treatment determinations...

You need to work on how you word your arguments. Here:

It is completely ridiculous that one eyed jacks, who represents all liberals on this site and the world in general, had to quote 2 obscure talk show hosts and only one politician who may have exaggerated ever so slightly to make her otherwise extremely valid point, but if you actually were to read HR3200, you will see that she is absolutely correct that it will engender a philosophy towards the weak and helpless not seen since Nazi Germany.

Now, THAT is how you write a distorted argument.
 cotter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 12:27:49 PM
Grayson appears to me to be down-to-earth and calls it the way he sees it. After saying what he did about Fox Noise, he went on to say the following ...

http://rawstory.com/2009/10/grayson-fox-enemy-of-america/
Grayson thinks that the White House is doing exactly the right thing in going after Fox, because "what you do with a bully is you confront the bully and the bully backs down."
Story continues below...

"That's a good description of Fox News," Grayson explained. "People come on the air, they insult them as they did me. ... Why would anybody think that Fox News is some sort of valid news organization?"

Grayson did not go any easier on the Republican Party than on Fox. "The Republicans operate simply by vilifying their enemies and nothing else," he told Schultz. "All they do is try to distract people from issues of health care, issues of jobs, issues of energy independence. They've got nothing. ... The Party of No is well on its way to becoming the party of nobody."
And he's right about the vilifying part ... that's what the Republicans do.

Vilify … malign ... denigrate … belittle … disparage

That's been my experience with men from the Republican party to the point where I won't even consider dating someone who aligns himself with Republicans. If that's any kind of representation (and those men weren't even that heavily involved in politics), then Grayson makes a good point.

I think Grayson's comments are heavy handed and hyperbolic.
Actually, I find Grayson quite refreshing and he's also doing a wonderful job of exposing the kind of crap the Republicans are up to ... as in about how he talked about the stalling process and basically exposed the Republicans for doing it.

http://www.newser.com/story/72036/gop-plans-stall-tactics-for-health-bill-fight.html
In addition to a focused campaign of speeches on the evils of a bill another senator says “raises premiums, raises health care costs, raises taxes, and cuts Medicare for seniors,” Republicans hope to drag out the floor debate, reports Roll Call. They can also insist on full votes for every amendment, slowing it further.
Sounds to me like a simple case of obstructionism ... on-going. And you know darn well if that's going on in the Senate, it's going on in the House as well.

And Grayson has indeed discussed that a number of times. I don't think he was lying.
 EarlzP
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 1:08:54 PM

Dang! liberals never cease to amaze me, yes every once in a while a bully might back down but more often than not the Bully will just beat the piss out of you...

1st I am sorry you hace had such negative experiences with bullies but I think that Senator Grayson was referring to a more peaceful confrontations such as in a verbal confrontation
 EarlzP
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 1:49:35 PM

I see ..my bad then, but the only Bullies I see are Obama, his administration and his fanatical supporters...seriously Obama is not the First President to be questioned about his policies agenda and decisions....he needs to get over his God Complex and come back to earth and start living up to some of his promises regarding this economy....

How did we get from Senator Grayson To President Obama? Did President Obama say that republicans are bullies?

Kind of depressing when people criticize, question or exercise reason they are cast as Enemies of the State....

I agree that is why I don't watch people like Hannity or Rush they constantly critize the democrats and some times even republican party members that don't agree with them, Hannity and Rush remind me of school yard bullies
 cotter
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 2:09:57 PM

How did we get from Senator Grayson To President Obama?
Just trying to take the thread off topic when people can't come up with an appropriate response.

Here ya go ... a perfect example:
Obama, his WH staff and other elected Democrats have called any person, organization or group of people that has stood against them on any issue all sorts of names (usually slanderous names) and ostracized them repeatedly in public.
What does that have to do with Grayson?

Maybe she should start a thread about that and provide links as well.
 cotter
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 2:44:09 PM

I think some people have forgotten some constitutional rights of our country---Freedom of Speech.
Yes ... imagine that. Freedom of speech is not just for the Repugnicans.

Democrats also have that right and isn't it wonderful that Grayson is doing such a good job on telling it the way it is?
 flyguy51
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/26/2009 2:59:55 PM

Because the whole Obama Administration, and Most of the Elected Democrats are calling out the Republicans and anyone that goes against their issues not just Rep. Alan Grayson.

when the President and leader of your party publicly denounces those opposed to him and his agenda

Cites, anyone? That actually support the above assertions to the letter, I mean.
 geeleebee
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:40:09 PM
'"... It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-a-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere ... That's the world! On which hope sits."

As a 'student of history', I'd expect that you credit the author of those words, and not misattribute them to President Obama who borrowed them to use in one of his books.

Ever been on a cruise ship?
There are literally tons of food thrown away every day.
'White folks' greed'...read about Apartheid, read about the apathy concerning so many African countries, and ask yourself why it was so important to go into Iraq.

Of course, a student of history would already know the truth in Reverend Wright's words.

"Fox News and their Republican collaborators are the enemy of America," Grayson told MSNBC's Ed Schultz on Wednesday. "They're the enemy of anybody who cares about health care in this country, the enemy of anybody who cares about educating their children, the enemy of anybody who wants energy independence or anything good for this country. And certainly the enemy of peace, there's no doubt about that. They are the enemy."

According to Representative Grayson, Republicans are the enemy. It's his opinion, and he is free to discuss it.
Can't say that I find much amiss with it.

cotter
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:47:56 PM

Where is the outrage at Graysons rhetoric?
I don't see it as "rhetoric". He appears to be telling the truth. So far, everything he has talked about seems to be true. He spoke of the stall tactics and other Democrats confirmed it ... the Republicans didn't deny it. And now with televised sessions ... we can all see what's going on there.

He speaks of what is happening to Americans on a daily basis ... 122 Americans die daily because they do not have health insurance ... and that's not a lie ... it truly is a fact. Who wants to go in and debate that with him or deny it when they know it's true?

He is smearing millions of Americans and there is hardly a peep.
How is he smearing millions of Americans?

If the Republicans won't help us get health care ... they will be considered the enemies of America at the next election. I guess they believe they just don't have to represent their constituents ... they are the party of "No" and I guess we'll find out in the next election of that's what America wants ... a party of "No" and "let's do everything we can do to make OBAMA fail" ... even if it takes them down with it.
 geeleebee
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:15:24 PM
Not a clue who 'Mark Grayson' is, so I can't comment on him.
Should have attributed Wright's words to Wright, thereby doing away with any implication that the words were Obama's.
No apology offered. Duh.
I am not a self-loathing White person.
I do not accept the blame for installing Apartheid in South Africa.
Giving to charity is one thing--ignoring the brutality and outrages being committed against the people of one country, and then claiming to want to save the people of another country from the same thing by invading them, is the epitome of hypocrisy.

I'm really glad to know that it's clear where I stand.
 flyguy51
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:15:31 PM

I am not a self loathing white person...

"The race baiting is deplorable."
 geeleebee
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/27/2009 6:21:12 AM

You didn't answer the question as to why Democrats always voted in favor of appropriations bills that fund the war but then claim they are against it. Now that is hypocrisy.

I thought it was rhetorical.

'K, given that it was an actual question, here's my response: No, they don't.
 EarlzP
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 6:45:40 AM

You didn't answer the question as to why Democrats always voted in favor of appropriations bills that fund the war but then claim they are against it. Now that is hypocrisy.

The democrats voted for funding the young men and woman who were sent to fight this illegal trumped up war

Are you familiar with the rules of the Senate and House? The Dems can vote in health care ANY time they want. They have the majorities in the senate, house and they control the presidency. The problem is with THEM. They don't need a single Republican vote to pass ANYTHING they please.

If I could find one fault with President Obama it would be that he is too willing to negotiate on the bills he wants passed, I think he should "jam" them through with as little debate as possible, it is now very apparent that the republicans are going to be against any thing he does

BTW, it is their responsibility to reflect the sentiment of their constituency. I don't know a single Republican who is for Obamacare.

It looks like 61% of the people now want a health care reform package with a public option

The latest rasmussen poll shows that 57% of voters nationwide believe it will raise the cost of health care, and 53% believe the quality of care will get worse. That’s part of the reason that just 45% support the plan.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform

As long as the health care industry backed by the republicans who support their interests over the interests of the people keep distorting the facts people will believe the distortions, if a public option is part of the package and can not out perform private insurance people will opt to retain their private insurance

BTW, it is their responsibility to reflect the sentiment of their constituency. I don't know a single Republican who is for Obamacare.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform

The latest rasmussen poll shows that 57% of voters nationwide believe it will raise the cost of health care, and 53% believe the quality of care will get worse. That’s part of the reason that just 45% support the plan.

This is from the washinton post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/19/AR2009101902451.html?nav=rss_email/components

On the issue that has been perhaps the most pronounced flash point in the national debate, 57 percent of all Americans now favor a public insurance option, while 40 percent oppose it. Support has risen since mid-August, when a bare majority, 52 percent, said they favored it. (In a June Post-ABC poll, support was 62 percent.)

If a public plan were run by the states and available only to those who lack affordable private options, support for it jumps to 76 percent. Under those circumstances, even a majority of Republicans, 56 percent, would be in favor of it, about double their level of support without such a limitation.

Fifty-six percent of those polled back a provision mandating that all Americans buy insurance, either through their employers or on their own or through Medicare or Medicaid. That number rises to 71 percent if the government were to provide subsidies for many lower-income Americans to help them buy coverage. With those qualifiers, a majority of Republicans say they support the mandate

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/25/poll-public-option-favore_n_299669.html

A New York Times/CBS poll found that 65% of respondents want a public health care option, while only 26% opposed such a plan.

The most important poll took place Nov 08 when the people voted in President Barack Obama and one of his campaign promises was to reform health care, he is now following up on that promise
 EarlzP
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 1:25:57 PM

I see...so the DEMOCRAPS going after fox, the chamber of commerce, Rush, Hannity by trying to pass new FCC regulations to shut them up is good for the 1st amendment huh?
Typical left wing hate..typical left wing hiding from opposing opinion...
The right spewed hate for years, this I will not deny but to go after their 1st amendment rights because the left hates them...yea...higher ground...makes me all warm and fuzzy!

Where is your link to prove any of your allegations?

Grayson is allowed his opinion.

That's big of you to allow "Senator" Grayson to have an opinion

quote]Even though we all know it is just more left wing dribble and hate.

Casn you prove it's left wing hatred driven dribble or is that your opinion?
 EarlzP
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:31:12 PM

Unlike the above know it all poster..I do know how to post links..not just left wing garbage...
Please read this Earl..then deny or spin at will!

Before I go through the trouble of prove checking show me how this connects to the thread about Senator Grayson, again your being disrespectful, anyone can post links it's harder to find a credible unbiased link
 EarlzP
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 7:27:38 PM

Republicans and Democrats slammed Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) for calling Linda Robertson, an adviser to Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, a “K Street whore” in a month-old radio interview that circulated on Capitol Hill Monday night.

Come on now...we all know the democraps can say anything they want. They can call names and vilify anyone they want.
Now on the other hand, if a Republican had called a demoncrap a "k" street whore...the demoncraps would be calling for his head....

It seems what is good for the goose is not so good for the gander...

Come on now do you anticipate every one will just take your word for it and speaking of name calling "demoncrap" your still responding in a distasteful way, isn't that below a person like you

Let me quote your quote for you
Republicans and Democrats slammed Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) for calling Linda Robertson, an adviser to Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, a “K Street whore” in a month-old radio interview that circulated on Capitol Hill Monday night.
does your quote say Republicans and Democrats slammed Rep Alan Grayson if so do you even bother to read what you quote or is your hatred so strong that you miss keywords
 cotter
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 7:49:51 PM

Yes and he also apologized.

And just BTW ... it wasn't because the Democratic Party heavyweights (whoever they may be) put him under pressure to do so. He did it on his own accord and also did not hold a press conference shortly thereafter to say he didn't really mean to apologize.

I think Grayson is a straight shooter and is setting a wonderful example for others. We need more like him. He doesn't get things all muddied up ... just tells it like it is.

The Repugnicans just love to dish it out, but as soon as someone such as Grayson shows up and pushes back, they get indignant. What a bunch of cowardly cry babies.
 cotter
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 8:23:44 PM

Calling a woman in public office a whore, is not my idea of setting a wonderful example for others.

She's not in "public office" ... she's nothing more than an adviser ...
Linda Robertson, an adviser to Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke

On the whole, he is setting a wonderful example for others by the way he takes issue with the stall tactics of the Repugnicans and exposing them for what they're doing to keep Health Reform from passing ... among other things.

Grayson is a goodie-two shoes compared to what the Repugnicans (for example) from the great state of South Carolina have contributed lately.
 cotter
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 9:21:50 PM
"a bit nomadic" (Message 48) ...
However, this doesn't mean that EVERYTHING the man says is inappropriate. And I for one am quite thrilled to see a democrat out there refusing to pull his punches when it comes to articulating beliefs that MANY of us hold when it comes to the conservative agenda on the Hill AND the kind of bile being spewed at FOX.
Absolutely spot on ... had to quote you because I couldn't have said it better.

LMAO ... only 25% of Americans have faith in the Repugnicans ... just saw that on Hardball.
 EarlzP
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 5:54:13 AM

If calling people names such as "Whore" and anyone with a diverse opinion an enemy are the wonderful examples we want to set for our children, then heaven help us.

And we wonder why we are having so many problems with the teen generations.

Your right this is almost as bad as Joe Wilson calling the President Of the United States a liar or the republicans distorting the facts about health care reform you know death panels,illegal alien coverage ect.

There is no excuse for Alan Grayson's choice of words but lets not forget he did freely apologise and unlike some republicans many democrats acknowledged his bad choice of words.

Hopefully some of your cohorts here will read your post and reframe from some of their name calling it does set a bad example
 wisguyingb
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/28/2009 5:24:33 PM
Grayson said--"Here I am the only member of Congress who actually worked as an economist, and this lobbyist, this K Street whore, is trying to teach me about economics."

It was a senior Federal Reserve adviser that he referred to as a "K Street whore. I do think that his words (as tacky as they are) are being twisted.

Grayson is standing up to the Federal Reserve and I'll give him on pass on this one. I really do not want Grayson's comment to be used to remove our focus from the real issue and that is the Full audit of the Federal Reserve. (H.R 1207 and S604)
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rep. Alan Grayson - Republicans are Enemies of America