Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > When do we stop looking      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 owzabout
Msg: 6
view profile
History
When do we stop lookingPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
OP, i think you make a perfectly reasonable and valid point, i dont really have a comment to make regarding your post other than the fact that WHY would someone have any reason to vote to have it deleted?!!..any chance of the `offended` voter going public and explaining his/her reason?
 ~Hams~
Msg: 14
view profile
History
When do we stop looking
Posted: 10/28/2009 9:21:50 AM
Sometimes its good for you to stop looking and have a little break as I do often.
Then when your batteries are recharged and your confidence restored come back again!

I always learn something new everyday from just reading the forum even if I don't post.
I love to see peoples opinions on different subjects and its more educational than the TV!

So don't worry OP if it seems like some us may have been on here for a very long time!
It could be for all sorts of reasons!
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 21
view profile
History
When do we stop looking
Posted: 10/28/2009 10:15:49 AM
Have to admit I am a long term forum user now. I used to jump about between 'friends/dating and long term'. If the forums stopped, then I would delete my profile. I love reading other people's points of views on given topics and sometimes contributing to them.

As for being hooked on the attention - gotta laugh. The sort of attention women generally get on here is not worth getting hooked on. Someone on PoF did get my attention recently but since I plan to move away there was no point in continuing contact - he didn't want to be a 'friend' but he was very interesting... which just goes to show there might be someone, somewhere for me in the future lol.
 andy1961
Msg: 43
view profile
History
When do we stop looking
Posted: 11/13/2009 7:19:40 PM

Trixie-Doo iv just had something similar happen to me, i spent some time messaging a guy, arranged a date, and one day i was decorating so while i was literally waiting for paint to dry i came on the POF forums as you can always kill an hour reading on here, and i saw him sign into POF every 3 - 5 minutes, so his picture always appeared on top of my local men pics, he did that from 12.30 - 6pm (yes i became fasinated by it so kept watching), i thought about it for a day or two and then cancelled the date, as he was either fishing or looking for a reply or something from someone else.
I told him hes too much like a kid in a sweetie shop regarding POF and that it wasnt a situation i wanted to involve myself in

If anyones interested hes, sulked, ignored me, become abusive, tried again, blocked me on msn and yesterday tried again on here with me

Oh and apparantly im shallow ~ tell me something i dont know

You hadn't even had the "first date/meet" with him and you're watching him on-line for nearly SIX hours to see what he's doing - or what you think he's doing.

Sounds like the guy had a lucky escape!

Bassbob47
Msg: 47
view profile
History
When do we stop looking
Posted: 11/14/2009 2:21:13 AM
i think i gradually came to a complete full stop about a week ago
 Bassbob47
Msg: 56
view profile
History
When do we stop looking
Posted: 11/14/2009 10:29:22 AM
oh great that means im well past it then Adele?lol.
To be serious though i have seen a lot of people who think its game over after 45
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > When do we stop looking