Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Does being a father scare women away?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EvilLolli
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Does being a father scare women away?Page 1 of 1    
Be up front and honest that you have kids in your profile. Especially in your age group. Not every 20-something is looking for a pre-made family. And let's face it, if you get into a relationship that turns serious-it may turn into a family dynamic. Also not every woman wants to get involved w/ mama-drama or deal w/ kids they haven't created on their own. It also may lead some to think you havent been very sexually responsible in the past(you are only 24 OP), so if you have 2 kids, what else might you have gotten?

You may not get as many responses if you list you have kids in your profile, but you may get better quality responses. Good luck.
 prime ribb
Msg: 8
Does being a father scare women away?
Posted: 10/31/2009 1:43:37 AM
You should probably go with a woman that has kids so the two of you will some commonality Plus if you two decide to get hitched, you'll have a Brady Bunch.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/31/2009 3:12:11 AM
Depends on the man and the way he handles being a dad. Some treat their kids like they are really nothing more than than a check than they send a check a to once a month to, or those wonderful dads who love their kids, play football and baseball in the backyard when the weather is nice, curl up on the couch and eat popcorn and watch cartoons and footwall when the wather is cold, do homework at the kitchen after school and eat pizza with extra cheese before wrestling in the den before bedtime. Those are the kinds of daddies I adore. They make me want to make homemade cookies and meatloaf and mash potatoes and southern style biscuits and pie, and sit on his lap and kiss him and be blissfully happy in his big strong arms.

Beth
 cfb62
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 3:31:42 AM
Men with kids are much less selfish than men without, IMO, so I'm very open to it.
As a matter of fact, I prefer men with kids.
You're going to get a million different opinions on this.
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/31/2009 10:05:58 AM
I will not deal with a man if his children A) control what goes on B) have no manners C) run the houshould D) dictate to the father what happens. I have met some men who do not seem to know the difference of who the parent is in the house. I would not hide it because some women may get pissed. I have had a few guys do that and it is stupid. Just tell the truth. If someone is looking for a relationship and eventually a family, fine. But I have no respect or time for men who want all the benefits from me as a woman, but have this non sense with "the kid comes first" crap.
 setuid
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 10:32:09 AM
In my personal experience (here and on Match.com), the answer is most-definitely "YES", no matter how great a father we are, it's an uphill climb to meet a woman who accepts that in us (even if they're mothers as well).
 setuid
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 10:34:44 AM

"But I have no respect or time for men who want all the benefits from me as a woman, but have this non sense with "the kid comes first" crap."

Then I'm afraid you're going to be alone for a long time.. because I hate to say it, unless you're the mother, the child DOES come first. It doesn't mean you're second-rate, but if the choice is to take care of a sick child, or keep a date night, you're going to lose on that one (to a proper father, that is).

The women that aren't mothers and don't understand that children always come first, shouldn't be looking for fathers who have custody, they should be looking for "weekend dads".

See my previous post.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Does being a father scare women away?