Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why women have more sexual prospects..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Why women have more sexual prospects..Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Well, I certainly hope it's not the sound of a weenie walkout... I had plans for this evening.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 13
Why women have more sexual prospects..
Posted: 10/30/2009 11:36:50 PM
Your theory is that being PASSIVE in dating is a power move, and that, in so doing, you get MORE sex?

Don't I know it, and I'm working on my power base tomorrow because I'm staying home to watch soccer. I'm sure men and their penises will come knocking, nay, POUNDING! on my door due to my inactivity.

SUCKERS!!
 Uomo_Universale
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 11:51:02 PM
You'll be making the first move, alright....to Costco to stock up on years' worth of hand lotion and tissues.
 barbee1970
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/30/2009 11:56:09 PM
OP, I would like to know where in the world you get this knowledge?

I don't make the first move on a guy. I am so afraid of rejection it isn't funny. I also date one guy at a time. Cupid's wasting his arrows on me.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/31/2009 12:17:19 AM
OP has left the kitchen....
Can't take the heat.
 bolond
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/31/2009 12:47:28 AM
hmmmm!

noy many sexual prospects + boycott women altogether = NO sexual contacts

ùi think I'll say the course....
 Merrylass
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 12:47:57 AM

Immediately women and men will chime in with, "You're just an egotistical prick,"

Nah. I'm going with 'whiny crybaby'.

Buddy, as long as you think 'women' is some sort of Borg of power-mad aliens, you're never getting any. That attitude of yours is what's keeping you from collecting 'prospects'.
 Strings6
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 3:32:27 AM
There is no such thing as a woman too ugly to get a man.
 colt8301
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/31/2009 1:50:01 PM
well, you make a point and no you are not and egotistal prick for stating the "obvious". This will not change becuase some men have an "urge" that is unquenchable. So basically your notion of "starving" females out will not work, at all. this another thing that will not change don't matter how much you lobby for it, so either roll with it or get rolled over.
 looking for ... not sure
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/31/2009 4:40:39 PM
There is no such thing as a woman too ugly to get a man.

Ummmm ... is there a sign up sheet for this? Cause I think I missed that memo or something ... I think that the bearded lady in the circus gets more action than I do ... lmao

I can assure you that not every woman has the "power" in her favour in any kind of relationship, sexual or otherwise. I'm sure some gorgeous women do have their pick of the guys to date, but my experience with online dating has been one date to meet in person and I never hear from them again. Still laughing at the idea of me having sex whenever I wanted it ...

Hey Hearttune ... let's start our own lil commune, k? ;~)
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/31/2009 4:55:48 PM
Oh, ha ha! I am sitting at home watching soccer on TV right now--and JUST 5 minutes ago a young man on MSN chatted that we should have sex.
Damn, I'm good!
Oh, and the Power of the Pus-sy, woo hoo!
 looking for ... not sure
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/31/2009 5:19:52 PM

Well I figure if we split the geographic distance between us, it would have to be somewhere around Des Moines, Iowa, or thereabouts. Do you like corn?

Sureeee ... love corn ... but I wanna be the aggressor ... apparently that's my sexual role according to the OP ... giggles
 namrael
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/31/2009 5:23:05 PM
I'm curious, OP: Who do you think arranged this giant conspiracy you apparently believe in?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/31/2009 5:56:17 PM
OP - I agree. Men everywhere should simultaneously stop making moves. Then again it won't make much difference to me anyway, since the ones who approach me are never my type. Where do I sign?

Is there a dating site where all the man are visible and all the women are invisible. All the women would have to do the fishing becuase the men can't see them.

I'd love that. Essentially men won't know you exist unless/until you have interest in them. Sweet.

Personally that would be a perfect scenario for me. I prefer to do the choosing than wait to be chosen = wading through a hundred emails a week from men I'm not interested in is a chore.

Agreed.

If I'm out with a new guy who is pushy I have been know to say "Just sit back and look handsome and I assure you something will happen....keep pushing and I'll just back away". That's the way it goes with some of us.

Exactly. I've actually told a guy or two that he should enjoy and relax and stop trying to sell me - it gets old and I won't buy anything unless I like it without having to be told how great it is (again), which ultimately puts me off it.

Conversely there are some guys who just hate it when you are in the least bit assertive. Sucks to be them.

Yep. But - the ones who hate it aren't for us anyway, so it's a win win.
 looking for ... not sure
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/31/2009 6:15:18 PM

Women make the first move and we are often called whores... and aside from that, what u are suggesting is nothing but something that can be considered a game.

I've made the first move many times, contacted guys if I liked their profile, sent an email, stuff like that ... so that's why not one has ever contacted me back, they thought I was a pro ... that explains it all now. And the little light bulb goes on over her head ...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 6:27:31 PM

If guys did stop making the 1st move, they'd have more sexual prospects as women would be forced to contact THEM.

Well OP this has been posted before in different variations. First off you would have to convince a whole lot of men to DO this en masse. What that would mean is there would be a few guys who wouldn't participate who would have all the women to themselves.

Yeah, gee, how stupid would that be?

(weenie walkout.......now that's FUNNY!!!)
 2fuzy
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/31/2009 6:55:07 PM

Look at men, they're too stupid to realize that they can have more sexual prospects contacting them if men everywhere stopped making the 1st move. Women have beaten us to it. They're the ones with more sexual prospects. Now, chances are when a guy makes his move, she's already dating several men and is reveling in the power she has over this 'new' guy talking to her on the phone. She only has that power because men everywhere have stupidly given it to her. I am a male who actually thinks, and not making the 1st move herself speaks loads of her self image and security. I know who has the real power.

Immediately women and men will chime in with, "You're just an egotistical prick," but it is precisely the EGO speaking when they say that; as well as a desparate attempt to look 'humble and meek' in hopes it'll impress women, i.e. more ego.

or we could spike there special K with testosterone and they would be more sexually aggressive but the facial hair might be a turn off
 swellaswell
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/31/2009 7:27:34 PM
Brings to mind an old joke.
Jack and Jill were playing in the sandbox,,,,,,,,,Jack pulls down his pants and says to Jill,,,,,,HA,,,you don't have one of THESE.
Jill goes home crying,,,,,,,,next day,,,,,,Jack and Jill are in the sandbox,,,,,,Jack pulls down his pants,,,says,,,,,,Ha,,,you STILL don't have one of these..........Jill patiently continues to fill her pail will sand,,,,,,stands up, when she is ready,,,,,,,,,pulls down HER pants and says,,,,MY MOMMY said,,,as long as I have one of THESE,,,,I can get one of THOSE anytime I want.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 7:43:28 PM
Prospects and sealing the deal are totally different.

Number of prospects, within itself has no meaning. Having more prospects/potential doesn't speak to the quality or viability of such prospects. Would it be better to have 3 great prospects where there's some potential or 250 "no friggin way in hell".

There are some who enjoy the attention, so for those people, then yes 250 is better than 3. Or those who just want to "knotch" something, then they're after the numbers.

(swell....thanks for the giggle!! )
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 2:27:17 AM
No one knows whether they have sexual prospects with the person that they have sent a message to because they don't even know if they are interested in them. You cannot read anyones profile and know if they are interested in you. The simple fact is that what is meant for you won't pass you by and you can't force it into your life through number of messages. It will happen when it is going to happen so all you do is try to talk to people that you like the sound of whether you are man or woman and hope for the best. Remember that love is not objective.
 soflnighteagle
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/1/2009 3:01:26 AM
Ok OP I hear what you're saying, and can almost see your point. Might I suggest that you are looking at things from a slightly skewed angle, the only power women have over us is that which we give them. This is almost the "NICE GUY VS BAD BOY" debate here. If you are obsequious towards a woman she will treat you with disdain, because it is apparent that you think she is too good for you, in other words be a nice guy and get walked on. The other side of that coin is to know that you're the top dog and while you might give a woman the time of day she is going to have to prove that she is good enough for you, this is a challenge and women love a challenge. So yes if you spend all your time chasing after them you are giving them the power, if on the other hand you go out have a good time, be the life of the party and not care what some female is thinking, you will get better results. One comes off desperate, (and nobody likes desperate), the other comes off self assured and confident, (and that attracts everyone). Bottom line is, do not tell women that you’re so good, prove it. Don't get on here and say you’re a man, go out into the real world and be one.
 OutMind
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/1/2009 7:26:28 AM

My former bf has more sex with more women than most men. He's not rich. He's not hot. In fact, he's very ordinary looking. Ordinary body, balding, a dad, almost 40.

His ordinariness helps him score b/c he's not viewed as a threat and quite frankly when he hit on me my thought was "here's this normal guy, being gutsy, and damn is that hot!"

Kaliecat, the beauty of these words is that they came from you, a woman, not one of the smooth talking guys. Hehehe. Also, many of the guys who bring sex up very quickly end up being very alone, to them IS nothing but a numbers game, because at some point one will say, Yes I am in the mood. But they can only approach THAT type of woman, or woman in that state of mind. Yet, the guys who approach, allow the woman to feel comfortable, it is the woman out of her own sense of comfort the one that continues.
 x_file_
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/1/2009 9:26:25 AM

Look at men, they're too stupid to realize that they can have more sexual prospects contacting them if men everywhere stopped making the 1st move

That is like saying if the fox stops hunting, the chickens will just come to the fox.

In terms of sexual prospects, if men stopped making the first move, the number of their sexual prospects will, at best, remain the same. I'd even argue that men's sexual prospects will actually decrease.

However, if men became more selective of who they ask out, and when asked out who they agree to go out with, that will make a big difference in women's attitude towards men. Certain balance(s) will be restored.

I am for, as one poster put it, a global "weenie walkout", but not because I think it will improve men's sexual prospects, but because men, as a whole, will regain a certain honor and improve the dynamics between men and women.

Women have beaten us to it.

Perhaps they simply take advantage of men's like of sex. I know some women certainly do. However it is even more subtle than that.

I doubt women had a grand convention in which they "figured out" with their "super reasoning abilities" that if they stopped asking men out, men will come to them. I think most women simply react to "what is" - namely men go after women, even after women who clearly don't want men.

Now, chances are when a guy makes his move, she's already dating several men and is reveling in the power she has over this 'new' guy talking to her on the phone.

I have had that phone conversation. She basically exploited my like of her for her own entertainment. It was way back when I first began dating. I recall feeling like a rabbit throw to a wolf, or better yet, a seal in the mercy of a killer whale. And it so just happens that I can show you exactly how that feels (and even the music is appropriate):

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/881976/killer_whale_owning_a_seal/

She only has that power because men everywhere have stupidly given it to her.

We call that power "pu$$y power", though I think a more appropriate phrase is "d*ck power" in that it is the little head over powering the big head.

I know who has the real power.

I guess you think it is men? Men certainly have the power to enslave and control women... it was so in the "cave days", but the exercise of this type of power makes for poor relationships.

Women have power over men, but so do men over women. It's just that men are too willing to give their power away for sex of all things.

Immediately women and men will chime in with, "You're just an egotistical prick," but it is precisely the EGO speaking when they say that; as well as a desparate attempt to look 'humble and meek' in hopes it'll impress women, i.e. more ego.

You have an explanation for the current dynamics in the dating game. Shall we not disagree when there is a good reason to?

Just curious, how do you know when the ego is not speaking?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/1/2009 12:27:23 PM
That is like saying if the fox stops hunting, the chickens will just come to the fox.
I wouldn't either if I was going to be killed and ripped up for a buffet. I don't think dating for women is comparable to that type of scenario (unless of course the guy/date was so awful you wished death on yourself to escape it).

Just saying - comparing dating to fish catching or deer shooting or chickens and foxes sounds too much like predator/prey - and dating isn't supposed to be that type of dynamic.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/1/2009 3:04:58 PM

She only has that power because men everywhere have stupidly given it to her. I am a male who actually thinks, and not making the 1st move herself speaks loads of her self image and security. I know who has the real power.

The very fact that you appear to be 'competing' for power tells me you lack it in every single way...Power/influence is only ever measured for self worth by those that lack it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why women have more sexual prospects..