Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What is it about men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pamsfl
Msg: 5
What is it about men?Page 1 of 1    
OP, maybe you need to move out of the boonies? Just a thought. It's a "look" like anything else. Some people will be attracted to it, some won't.
 JP1111
Msg: 10
What is it about men?
Posted: 10/31/2009 6:44:43 AM
ALL men????? For those men who do fit that, they feel that that is actually real and true.
 MBark68
Msg: 11
view profile
History
What is it about men?
Posted: 10/31/2009 7:49:17 AM
I have a motorcycle and short hair. No tattoos either.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 12
view profile
History
What is it about men?
Posted: 10/31/2009 8:00:48 AM
Most men from the 70's and 80's era are balding or have hair socially aceptable cuts these days, some maintain the old hippy long hair look but its not very common. A few remain drenched in the past yesteryears when things were simpler. As for motorcyles many still ride, it was a lifestyle many refuse to give up, a few were in motorcycle clubs, some still are, could they be trying to recapture thier youth, possibly, maybe not. Just like the convertable top car or sports car, an image people past thier prime and age group they try to maintain. I think both men and women exceed thier age when they try to compensate with sports cars whos intended age group is young single people. I think the older crowd is just trying to recapture thier youth with such cars and plastic surgery. Could motorcycles be the same, I would leave that up to the interpretation of the individual who still rides bikes.
 2fuzy
Msg: 13
What is it about men?
Posted: 10/31/2009 9:21:54 AM
I really dont think all men have a thing for bikes but there are those do and I am so far out of the answers the only one to fit your "all men"
Why I have a bike is I have always had one since I was 8 years old for me it is where I leave the trouble of the world behind just me a motor and the wind for some I do think it might be a mid life crises thing
As for the hair if you don't dig it cool some do but it has kinda become a trademark of sorts and for me kinda a little way to say screw the powers that be that is how it started and it has actually proved to be an asset as time has gone by
 slybandit
Msg: 14
What is it about men?
Posted: 10/31/2009 9:23:45 AM
Let me go out on a limb here and advance a really crazy, off-the-wall hypothesis:

"Finleyville is a borough in Washington County, Pennsylvania, United States, named for John Finley. It was built at the junction of Brownsville Road (now Pennsylvania Route 88 ) and the 'Washington Road' from Cox's Fort to Catfish Camp, now Washington, Pennsylvania.[1] It was originally known as "Rowgalley".[2] It is in the Peters Creek watershed. The population was 459 at the 2000 census."
--Courtesy of Someone Who Likes Wikipedia And Has Time On His Hands

Say, cupcake417, do you suppose that the locale in which you live might have an influence on the personal style of the guys who live there? Just a thought.
 Sun_Devil_92
Msg: 15
What is it about men?
Posted: 10/31/2009 9:29:36 AM
OP, not all guys are into motorcycles. My dad wiped out on one when I was very young, so I have no grand illusions of ever getting into them.

As for hair, you'll find a many women like it as dislike it - thus after a while, it's better just to do what you prefer and feel good with. As mentioned earlier, as guys get older, they realize that with some of their friends who can't grow it that it might be a good idea to grow it long if they ever plan on doing so. However, that still is a personal preference - I hold not desire to do so.
 Zebra Circle
Msg: 16
What is it about men?
Posted: 10/31/2009 10:06:46 AM
cupcake417, this dislike of yours toward men with long hair is simply your preference. You don't like long hair. Period. That's just your preference.

You also put long hair into one big category. But in reality, there are different styles of long hair on men. There is long hair where it's all one length; there is long hair where it's feathered/layered; there is long hair where it's all long with the exception of the bangs; there is long hair where it just goes to the end of the neck; there is long hair where it goes to the middle of the back and longer; there is long hair where the person has curly hair or the person has straight hair or the person has wavy hair.

Are you saying that you hate all of these?

Also, I doubt very much men are growing their hair long because they "feel a need" to do it. They probably simply like the look of long hair. Perhaps even some of their friends, spouses or girlfriends, or boyfriends have given them compliments about their long hair.

Where I'm from, there is an abundance of men with long hair, as well as men with short, and as well as men with medium. I'm also seeing great-looking beards and different types of facial hair making a comeback, too. It's looking like this whole silly metrosexual craze has started to die out -- you know, where men "feel the need" to remove every single strand of hair from their bodies, including genital regions.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What is it about men?