Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Sense of humour bypass..or just trying to help?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Sense of humour bypass..or just trying to help?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
My profile is just meant to be honest with a bit of humour but I guess that is easy since I am not actually looking for anyone just now. If I don't attract anyone then that's fine by me - trouble is, since I have made it clear I am not interested - I get more mails than ever aaaagh.

I guess once I get to where I am going (wherever that is) my profile will change again, but not by much. I like to make sure my spelling is correct and my grammer is reasonable, bit of humour that most guys miss (cos they don't actually read profiles).

In the meantime, I am quite happy to get the compliments from little boys to over the hill men and all those inbetween. I don't look for them but if they get sent then that's fine by me.

If guys are messaging you to say you shouldn't be so hard on yourself maybe they are just trying to get talking because they are actually interested in you.
 Bassbob47
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Sense of humour bypass..or just trying to help?
Posted: 11/1/2009 7:52:47 AM
Not a lot of people get my sense of humour
 badge73
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:09:46 AM
i personally couldnt give two shytes about the profile, as people never read it and if they do they only get the hump. not many have a sense of humour on the site, they just want to chat shyte for hours and for you to entertain them while waiting for there soaps to start.
 Loose_end
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:46:56 AM

Is your profile finely honed to attract just the right type of person for you? Do you perfect it meticulously to show yourself in your best light

Oh absolutely! I spent many a minute (almost 24) composing mine. I'm really trying to attract the waffling, rambling, nonsensical type........So far so good.

I've not had any messages who fail to see my humour. I bet there's tons who dont though, thankfully, they're the ones who dont message me
 oggers
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 4:21:02 PM
Mizphitz ..... I just didn't like your profile at all - you'll never get a bloke with a profile like that .............

... and why cant I access my mail box ??!! Its overflowing with ladies that I cant access ... !!!
 marisia
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2010 1:31:44 AM
I love yr profile it has a wonderful tone to it. It says all i wantd to say only better. Even id go out with you and im not into ladies. I may have to steal it.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2017 2:45:24 PM

"Very few on here have a sense of humour or compassion for others"
"Flaming and sniping seems to be their bag and they have little understanding of positivity"
"Not all are this way, but some have very closed minds and refuse to open them up to the possibilities, of laughter, fun, learning from others, gaining new knowledge about things and discovering, that they could become better human beings, if they could just change their attitudes and think outside of the box, but they won't?"
"Some prefer hate and anger to fun and laughter"
"Some would rather try to bring people down, instead of helping them up"
"Don't let them bring you down and always keep your sense of humour"
"Dismiss the haters and remember, that some have too many issues to deal with"
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2017 2:37:18 AM
Welcome back, Leon/LBG. Why are you digging up ancient threads, and and sticking things in quotes? Is it an alternative to speaking about yourself in third person?
 patriciaanne55
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/15/2017 5:05:54 AM
Oh bless him, JCL 1 SEQUAL

RIP
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Sense of humour bypass..or just trying to help?