Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Buying his ex-girlfriend a car?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bobbi2u
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Buying his ex-girlfriend a car?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm sorry but I don't think you're thinking this thing through. What is wrong with this picture? Wow, you need to re-think this relationship and run (don't walk) away right now. The guy is living with his mother...he's 44...and he's paying $400 car payment for his ex-girlfriend that currently has a boyfriend. Listen honey, this guy is a "loser"...don't be one too...run!!!!!!!!!
 Much More
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Buying his ex-girlfriend a car?
Posted: 11/1/2009 5:10:49 PM
You have got to be kidding.....right?

Clear your head girl and take a long hard look at the facts.....

Explain to me why you are still interested? I don't get it!
 singleagain66
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/1/2009 5:26:02 PM
Whats wrong with this picture

1) He buy his girlfriend a car

2) He's paying $400 a month for it for her

3) She has a boyfriend

4) He got the brakes fixed on her car

5) He called from your palce to talk to her

6) He blows you off for a week

7) He lives at home

8) You got STUPID on your forehead and don't see it

Now need I say any more
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/1/2009 5:32:54 PM
Oh, dear.

Ask yourself if you deserve way better.

The answer is a resounding 'YES'
 TheReason_
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 5:52:50 PM
Um yeah.

:facepalm:
 Okietokie88
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:15:45 PM
I'd say this thread is closed.....answer has been strewn across for the last page or so.I suppose you have your answer.....
 notmeinsc
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:45:49 PM
You should have blown him off for good.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:51:46 PM
Sounds like you may not have all the facts. Like someone said, courts might have ruled common law marrage and awarded such car payments. Regardles if hes blowing you off with this question he doesnt seem like someone who can communicate well, and isnt that ultimately what keeps a relationship on track?
 funnbear
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 10:54:25 PM
Wow! Wish I had an Ex that would buy me a car.

You are showing him that he doesn't have to be considerate of your feelings, and doesn't have to respect you. Also you might be missing some pieces to this puzzle. You deserve to be treated better. Get out now!
 daynadaze
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 10:58:01 PM

..."am I just walking around with stupid stamped on my forehead?" I'm afraid I'm too close to the situation to tell. Thank you,

Yes, I'm afraid you are. Unless you want to stick around long enough to get a car out of him, I'd move on quickly.
 chameleonf
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:17:32 AM
There are just too many complications with this one, the least of which is the car. I see unstable written all over it and unless you like to join in drama, I'd walk away and find something with someone who has more normalcy at this age. A car instead of child support? The guy sounds wacked out in any number of ways. If you like strange, here's to ya
 bmore_goat
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:36:05 AM
So let me understand what you are saying.
You want a relationship with a man in his 40's, living with his mother (and he has a decent job) that doesn't want to pay child support and what's to have control over his ex-girlfriend. An ex-gf that is involved with another man, but he is still doing stuff to shoe horn himself in her life.

And for some reason, you are ok to deal with this drama.

In a nutshell:
Single dad, dodging child support, living with mom, and seeking to control ex-gf that cheated on him, involved with another man.

Ok. Just wanted to clear that up.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:54:02 AM
Ana: This does not sound kosher to me. I think it's time to cut your losses and continue your search..........
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/2/2009 5:34:27 PM
As to your second question OP:
should you date him?
No.
5 months separated from his ex...with daughter....making payments on her car...in his name...to avoid child support?

Is he is the only single guy in Arkansas????
(If so, move!)
Not trying to be mean.
We get involved with someone and sometimes we don't see things clearly.
But two things with this guy:
He's not really date-able till he's un-entwined from his ex.
And you won't get a real relationship(or a car) from him till he is.

Throw the guppy back.
You can do better.
Good Luck.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/2/2009 6:49:57 PM
Must be a FULL MOON tonight - every post I click on every one is arguing. WTF?!
 Sharlena
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:22:29 PM
please, for the sake of your own sanity, just dump him already.
he obviously values her more then you if he is buying her a car. especially if he isn't buying you one. not to mention he lives at home with his mother, is he buying her a car too??
just walk away. please don't humiliate yourself any further.
 spunkybum52
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/10/2009 6:15:13 PM
Yes sweetie, the stamp is there big and clear. Why on earth would you put up with a man like this? Clearly he is not over his ex. Clearly he lives at home with mommy. Clearly he is even willing to pay monthly for this girl's car. Get Out! It's like hellooo.....where am I in this situation? And to think he left you for a week because you questioned him....I mean is there anything more to be said? You must be pretty blind. The stamp is there, you are wearing it.. and get out now. Even if he is buying the car in lieu of child support, it sounds like he has a lot of baggage he is carrying around with him, and if you want to be with him, you will have to carry that baggage as well. Hmmm....i would get out.
 MOTORCYCLEMAN4U
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/11/2009 12:09:53 PM
Dump him already !!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Buying his ex-girlfriend a car?