Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > So being quiet...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sinlov
Msg: 2
view profile
History
So being quiet...Page 1 of 1    
Dear Op, I am the same way you described. I do make a concentrated effort to speak more at length, but just find it hard if I am not totally comfortable with someone or when I really have nothing to say.
Always taught if you don't have anything good to say say nothing at all too.
I just was not born with the gift of gab, I guess.
 Bassbob47
Msg: 3
view profile
History
So being quiet...
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:23:53 AM
i can be pretty quiet, its just that im not a big fan of small talk
 Summergirl4ever
Msg: 7
So being quiet...
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:51:11 AM
One of my coworkers is VERY serious lol. It attracts the funny people because they wanna crack her quiet code and get her laughing. She talks to me a lot, so I'm okay with it. Just be who you are and comfy in your own skin and the others will not mind. All the best.
 feeldown
Msg: 9
So being quiet...
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:07:14 AM
It might accure to you too that if a person joins in conversation he might always be cut off like he was not even there. But still these people want him as a friend. This has always been my problem. And if you cut in to emphisize later as to what they were talking about,you get a funny look. What do you think about people like that? I've always thought i don't need those kind of friends,if there is such a thing.
 feeldown
Msg: 10
So being quiet...
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:20:29 AM
I'm with you on that one. But others will always have things to say about quiet people,at the same time won't let them have their opinion,thoughts,or expeirience on the subject.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > So being quiet...