Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Nov 13th, 2009      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Nov 13th, 2009Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)

Lee Ann Womack: I Hope You Dance

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you’ll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

Dance.... I hope you dance.

Halloween is over and the days are getting colder, so what are you going to do for some fun??.... Looking for a way to get out, meet some great people?? Your hosts BrownEyesSmiling and Ms Dreams would like you to join us for coffee and dancing on Friday November 13th; hope you’re not superstitious!! We’ll meet for coffee between 7:30 and 8:30 at the Tim Hortons at 685 Fischer-Hallman Road Kitchener, near Ottawa Street. The POF dance starts at 8:30, so we will then move across the street to Trinity Hall, at 700 Fischer-Hallman Road.

For new people, the coffee meet and greet is a great way to put names to a few faces before the dance. If you've been out before, then here's your opportunity to help welcome the newbies.

If you haven’t been out to a PlentyOfFish event before, then make this your first. Be sure to introduce yourself and we will do our best to make you feel welcome.

If you're between the ages of 19 and 99, what are you waiting for?? Dress up or come casual, bring a friend or come alone!! Hit that sign up button and join us for an evening of fun. If you have any questions, just message one of your hosts…

Please print out the name tag provided in the link below to get the special POF cover charge of $5. Actually, any name tag will do, so make your own and be creative… See you there!!

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/partyimages/wqwy5m551g_109517.jpg

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

browneyessmiling

cavemanhairplay

eska101

gregg44

jacki390

KissOfZorro

maddy1956

purrfect3

sideshow14

wanted 1

10 people are attending
 jackieQ
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Nov 13th, 2009
Posted: 11/3/2009 12:16:37 PM
browneyes me name is jackieQ. i have attended your dances at trinity hall.
have question please. where did you find that D.J ???? ive heard from ALOT
of people that the D.J plays CRAP !! soooo many ive spoken to give me
the same complaint. its not suppost to be about what HE likes. I THOUGHT
that the monthly p.o.f dance there was geared to OUR era ,60's,70's with
alittle now-a-days music. a mix. kindly TALK to D.J please. for IVE FOUND
when i request song from him he says either he DONT have it orrrrr it has
scratch on C.D. the trinity dance is one dance i do ENJOY going too and
would like to keep going to. im sorry for complaining out right but something
had to be said. thank you.
Posted: 11/3/2009 1:44:26 PM
Hi Jackie, I don't hire the DJ's, Trinity Hall looks after that. I can certainly take feedback to Trinity Hall. I wasn't aware that requests were not being honoured, so I will make sure that Trinity is aware of that.

For those who have come out to the dance or are planning on coming out for the first time, please let me know what kind of songs you want to hear. I'll put together a list and approach the organizers to pass on to the DJ.
 gregg44
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/3/2009 2:31:01 PM
Regarding the music, different Dj every week and they have there own style. For not having your selections maybe ok, but if people are asking for the same over and over as a Dj myself i should replace that by my next event if it skips. Working on a Singles Dance party in Cambridge in the new years. See you at the next dance....
Posted: 11/3/2009 4:35:37 PM
Well Jeddor, I am 50ish and I did grow up with music from the 60's and 70's and I love the 50's. I also like most of the newer stuff. I can tell you right now we'll never please everyone so maybe the key is to have more variety and ask that the DJ should be more receptive to requests.

Regardless, the dance floor is full for most of the night. Thank you for letting me know that you like the dances when POF is there. It means a lot!!
 gregg44
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:00:09 PM
Played upstairs at the Legion for a wedding and was asked to play there, can't afford me. Curling will look into, thanks. Know i have to do my homework that's y it's not going to be until after the new years. For the people there you just have to ask for your request and hope you get to here it. Dance floor is always busy and were are all there to meet and talk to other people. All i can say is i miss playing at LULUS and having the best entertainment ever, country, 50's, Colin James, Temptations, Bower, Peter Noone, to Octoberfest, Cheers and let's enjoy and dance together.
 jackieQ
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:06:06 PM
browneyes i would very much appricate it if you could
talk to them. thank you.
Posted: 11/4/2009 5:36:44 PM
JackieO, I will pass on the information to Trinity Hall. Thanks for the input.

Kathleen, glad to hear you are coming on the 13th. Please introduce yourself when you arrive and we'll introduce you to as many other POFer's as we can. There will be a test at the end of the evening!! Just kidding!!!
 purrfect3
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 4:43:59 AM
I totally agree-the current music is way better
Dance floor is buzzing when current is playing-As for the people at the dance. They are the best!
See you there
 BehindTheseBrownEyes
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2009 4:16:07 AM
To Purrfect and Debbie, I'm glad that you are enjoying the dances, music and all. After all, the aim is to have fun and socialize.

Ken, hope you do make it out and that we can help put the weeks worries out of mind for a few hours.

Just four more sleeps peeps!! Looking forward to Friday!!
 Maddy1956
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/11/2009 9:15:55 AM
I agree about the D.J I spoke to the bartender about it. There should be(( country music.))
And more slow dance. I would love to but a request for James Otto (Just Starting Loving You) Maddy. More Country Songs are needed...
 BehindTheseBrownEyes
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2009 1:42:01 PM
I have talked to Trinity and they have agreed to talk to their DJ's and ask them to be more accommodating to requests. As for what music should be played, the best answer I can give is it needs to be a bit of everything and whatever fills the dance floor.

The crowd mix can vary from dance to dance, so there is no one right kind of music. After all, the reason we all come out is to socialize, dance and have fun. Just two more sleeps until Friday. See you all there and let's have a great evening!!
 purrfect3
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2009 4:33:21 PM
hey Marimba -totally agree with ya-if its country you like-try the Stampede-current music is great and fast and energetic....in other words...love it. see you there. get ready to shake it.
 BehindTheseBrownEyes
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2009 4:15:52 AM
Well everyone!! tonight is the night.. Looking forward to meeting some new people and seeing familiar faces. Let's get out there and dance!!
 BehindTheseBrownEyes
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2009 3:57:45 PM
Thanks Tazzzzzz!! See ya at Timmies and later at the dance!! time to goooooooooooo....
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Nov 13th, 2009