Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > People are too selfish to become parents....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 2
People are too selfish to become parents....Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Well obviously I can only speak for myself, but I think I had children for selfish reasons!
It was just something I wanted to experience in my life.
But I've never really been materialistic, even when I was minted!
I think experiences are more valuable than possessions.
And although I suppose holidays are a type of experience, they don't really compare to having children..
So I disagree with the rabbit.
 Bassbob47
Msg: 10
view profile
History
People are too selfish to become parents....
Posted: 11/6/2009 8:57:56 AM
ive never wanted kids, that maybe selfish but thats the way it is, personally i think there are far to many kids about.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 30
view profile
History
People are too selfish to become parents....
Posted: 11/8/2009 5:04:24 AM
This sounds like total twaddle and who really has children for patriotic reasons anyway? The one child rule in China comes to mind. Whether or not to have children is down to personal choice but seems odd to hear someone encourage birth rate.
I just wonder what he hopes to achieve with that kind of statement and find it difficult to believe that consumerism would win over such a primal need.
You need to be able to support children financially but I just don't believe that people could have the warped priorities you describe. Perhaps its just as well they're not parents.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > People are too selfish to become parents....