Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > To get or not get pet insurance?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 silent guardian
Msg: 1
To get or not get pet insurance?Page 1 of 1    
Has anyone had any dealings with Petsecure. The Wpg Humane Society endorces them in the pamphlets (sp?) they hand out once you adopt. So I am wondering if its a good idea that I get insured? I mean why not?
 Alli_oop
Msg: 2
To get or not get pet insurance?
Posted: 11/6/2009 3:34:15 PM
I think if you have the extra dough sitting around and it's not a financial issue then i agree, why not. Most i looked into don't cover annual vet check-ups unless u get the most expensive package. I also couldn't find any, except maybe one premium package that covered teeth cleaning. Those are the two things I'd really want. Someone told me it's not worth it really. If your cat gets a UTI, the most common thing, whats it gonna be, like $120 for a test and check up and $60 or 80 for meds.
Animal cancers and stuff are just kinda rare.
I personally dont have the extra cash for it and wouldnèt get it but Ièm not concerned in the least. But if I could really easily afford it I would, just in case.
 TooShadows
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 4:44:56 PM
A lot of it depends on your dog and where you live. As seen a couple of years ago,a member's dog ate part of a rattan mat and needed surgery. Pretty pricey. If you're in the city your dog might get out and get hit by a car. Again,the surgery could be expensive. Personally I wouldn't bother. It may sound hard hearted,but I'm not so attached to my dog that I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars to get her fixed up after being in an accident. I have a cheaper solution.
 susan_cd
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/8/2009 9:19:55 AM
It may be a good idea, especially if you own a cat. Then when your cat catches fire ( well, people ARE always saying they have to put the cat out...), you have the insurance $$ to get a new one.
 silent guardian
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/8/2009 1:42:13 PM
yep its always buyer beware by looking at the fine print. I am personally going to go the office myself this week.

speaking of accidents within the 2nd I had him nearly caused a fire in my apartement while I was gone. I have one of those old stoves that have buttons ontop and well as you might have guessed he jumped on it ... long story short I had something plastic on my cast iron pan that smoked my apartement and the whole floor. No major fire damage occured. From now on I call him call smokey instead of shadow lol.
 Heavencalling
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/14/2011 2:53:11 PM
My dog is 8 1/2, she is a service dog and understands sign language. To me even though she did not have this training, is still my little baby. I have paid hugh amounts for eye surgery/dental/ heart problems, x-rays/blood work etc. You get the message.

I don't feel pet insurance is anything good. I save my money in a savings account for her vet bill. When you get pet insurance there is so much fine print that they do not cover for this and that medical costs. They charge too much and interest is crazy. Half the time they do not want to pay out. I use Medi-Card if absolutely necessary, Google it. If you don't have the funds, they let you pay in installments. If you don't have a good credit rating or credit card that is fine. You get a person who will sponsor you by letting you use their credit card as a back up only if you miss a payment. It works great. Mind you this is only good if you don't have the funds. Most people should be putting money in an account for their pets and Income Tax return like I do. My dog has her own Vet account and I have a feeling of security because of it. Just had her at the Vet yesterday Oct 13, 2011 and was happy that I used my dog's account money and didn't feel a sense of lose wondering how to pay the bill.

So open a Savings Account for your dog/cat/etc. a little put aside each month adds up or ask your local Vet for the Medi-Card application they all have them. It was fast and easy to use. Cheaper than any Pet Insurance for sure.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > To get or not get pet insurance?