Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Offbeat England      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Offbeat EnglandPage 1 of 1    
I'm planing London and Oxford over American Thanksgiving holiday. I'd like to find some offbeat things to do. Am also considering visiting Hadrian's Wall, but that's a LARGE item. What's a good city or town to choose to see the wall?
 ksf123
Msg: 2
Offbeat England
Posted: 1/24/2011 3:17:29 AM
The best advice I can give (as I have lived in the UK on and off) is to hang out with the locals where they are socializing. Through them you will meet people and they will be helpful with that. If you're really lucky and strike up conversations with them they might invite you to hang out with them (which can lead to some amazing experiences). I met a group of actors in Pimlico (SW7 London) and one fellow liked my necklace so I gave it to him. In exchange for that he invited me to his cast party for all the actors. It was a unique extraordinary experience and while at the party (where cops showed up, very wild party) I got to talk to lots of locals who gave me brilliant ideas of things to do and made loads of friends from there. Forget the tourist centers and travel bureaus.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Offbeat England