Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Are mens lives complete with out a woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Loose_end
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Are mens lives complete with out a woman?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Yes......

Women are smelly and annoying, And they pick their noses.

So we only date Women when we want to get depressed after having way too much fun tripping the light fantastic.

Sometimes i miss having the regular company of one, but not nearly enough to put up with the nose picking for too long (although you can get used to the smell after a while)
 Loose_end
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Are mens lives complete with out a woman?
Posted: 11/8/2009 9:30:09 AM

I would like to know when you think that might possibly be? Because as time passes and the years roll on the few available women will become even fewer.

Lets hope so......

Actually Hunni, you reminded me of something.......And what i say is by no means set in stone as exactly what has happened to leave you feeling like this. But i do know of at least one case and i'm sure there are many more....

I have a Female friend, very appealing on the eye, and she currently resides between the age of 45 and 47 (never reveal a Ladies age)

In her 30's she wasnt interested in Men, she had children to raise and she preferred to do this alone........She had tons of offers over the years. And never took any Man up on it...

Yet now, she would love a relationship, her children are grown and she's wanting some Man love.....

Yet she finds all the local single Men have gotten so used to the single life, they wouldnt have it any other way and definitely are not interested in anything more than casual sex.....

So maybe you could try looking at the younger model? Early 30's perhaps? Before they get too set in their ways.....
 Jo van
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/8/2009 10:39:16 AM
I think there may be something in what you say Op,
I'm not sure what the reasons are. I suspect there'll be as many different answers to what people are looking for, as there are people.
Asking the question of people on a dating site is obviously going to skew the response.
All the men posting are members of a dating site. All are here looking for something that's 'missing' from their lives, and again their expectations/want/needs will vary across the whole spectrum, and I suspect that's true of the women here too.
The one thing we all have in common is we're members of a dating site, and that tells you something.
But I'm not sure what......
 Bassbob47
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2009 10:58:14 AM
Depends i guess, i find living alone ok, i dont need a woman to look after me, it would just be nice to have a partner to enjoy life with.
 Hornsby1906
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2009 1:58:57 PM
As I have never had a relationship I cannot answer as to weather a man's life is complete with or without a woman.
This means that I have developed over the years a life that is complete with friends and hobbies, however I would hope that should I ever be fortunate in forming a relationship I would find what time is necessary for it to stand a chance of working I would also hope that such hobbies as we both should have we should at least take an interest in if not participate if possible.

So I would say if he douse not make time for you drop him a move on to someone who appreciates you and is worthy of you.
 seabass15
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 5:52:14 PM
Men dont just want the hanky panky. Which is great.
I thought I had found my soul mate. oh oh how wrong was I.
there were a lot of hidden issues. which I confronted over time to to no avail.
When you are green and 18 these issues are not there but as time goes on, we all develope our own personalities. and as you get older I have found . that it is harder to find or mix & match with a prospective partner.

Confused > com

I think we both have the same problem with the opposite sex......
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Are mens lives complete with out a woman?