Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can women really go without sex????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flaNative
Msg: 1
Can women really go without sex????Page 1 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I have been seeing what I thought was my soul mate but I am starting to think different! She has been living with this guy for many years (NOT MARRIED) and she contacted me. We started talking and she told me she was so very unhappy. We started dating (5 months now) and we had made plans to get married one day. Then she started seeing me less and less (still telling me she LOVES me every day) She tells me that all I want is to have sex and she "isn't that way". That is not true, Its just that we don't see each other much so I guess it sort of looks that way! Sex is not everything but it is part of it! So I don't understand!! She said she could go a year without it! Come on girls ,Is this really true??? I don't see how someone can say they Love you and can't stand to be away from You and still go without sex! HELP!!!!!!
 AngelEyes99
Msg: 2
Can women really go without sex????
Posted: 7/11/2005 2:05:44 PM
sometimes women can go without sex
if they are A fat b Ugly C all of the above.....no im just kidding
but i kknow i cant go without sex
 kat116
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/11/2005 2:11:36 PM
yes women can go without sex anyone can if they are trying to find themselves and a good partner to be with everything is not about sex many people can please themselves without having to go to guy to guy and get a name or a health problem.but i am sure everyone has a different opinon on this matter just like religion,politics,relationships,etc.thats just my opinion thanks kat
 Romantic Love
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/11/2005 5:37:13 PM
Maybe, the problem is not you! It seem that, if she cared for you she would not be living with another man, whom she is not married to. I think that she might be using you, so it might be time to move on and forget her. She would not be someone that I would be looking to enter into a long term relationship with.
 trialsguy
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/11/2005 9:07:44 PM
My wife looks forward to not having sex, once every 2 years is a healthy reelationship she says. There ARE some woman that cant stand sex (she's 32).
 flaNative
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/12/2005 7:29:40 PM
She is not ugly! She is very pretty and I thought I was very good to her. I wanted to be with her anytime she wanted to see me. And she never had to want for anything! If I even thought she needed something I went out and got it! So I don't understand whats up!!!!
 d-belle
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/12/2005 9:07:34 PM
Well, I'm not dead yet! It's been awhile, but I'm getting pissy.

My problem is that I'm not easy. I guess. Maybe that's hers too.
 trialsguy
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/12/2005 9:56:19 PM
the reason i put up with it is 2 kids and the internet, nothing more ( for god sake she really believes a "normal" man has sex for 5 min and he is done, not hours)

She doens't masterbate (i had to explain what it is), clit cut off at birth (african but still not a reason her friends enjoy sex), and believes that i am addicted to sex because i want it more than once a year..
 kedyn01
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/13/2005 5:04:59 AM

I have been seeing what I thought was my soul mate but I am starting to think different! She has been living with this guy for many years (NOT MARRIED) and she contacted me. We started talking and she told me she was so very unhappy. We started dating (5 months now) and we had made plans to get married one day. Then she started seeing me less and less (still telling me she LOVES me every day) She tells me that all I want is to have sex and she "isn't that way". That is not true, Its just that we don't see each other much so I guess it sort of looks that way! Sex is not everything but it is part of it! So I don't understand!! She said she could go a year without it! Come on girls ,Is this really true??? I don't see how someone can say they Love you and can't stand to be away from You and still go without sex! HELP!!!!!!

So she says.

I feel that she's covering something up. My guess is, when a woman comes up with a stupid lie like this, her feelings for you have changed but she doesn't want to hurt you. The truth may reveal itself in time, or it may not. I suggest that you move on, or she's going to keep stringing you along, playing headgames, and lying.
 lepoardlady
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/13/2005 5:29:38 AM
I think you're asking the wrong question hon. The question would have to be...is she going without sex. Think about it; would you live with a woman for five years if you weren't getting any? She may have been unhappy and/or bored and you provided her with an escape from that. However, a good woman wouldn't have been making wedding plans with you while living and sleeping with another man. It may be time to take the blinders off, you think? Anyone COULD go a lifetime without sex, but that doesn't mean they are. And as a woman I can tell you that before she'll admit that she was in the wrong...she's gonna try to turn the table and make you feel like you were in the wrong. It's a built in defense mechanism that I'm sure all people have, but women are better at using it. As for saying I love you...it's just three words. It's the behavior that goes with them that makes it an emotion and I'm not hearing it in what you've told us. She used you...take some time to grieve for your heart and move on
 flaNative
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/13/2005 2:58:14 PM
she claims she wants to be with me and marry me! She said she misses me greatly.
 jimmyzorro1979
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/14/2005 7:48:07 AM
This Guy Hit it on the button.
 catman40
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/14/2005 5:49:23 PM
I know it is hard for me . AND , I don't go for these one nightsers either . My ex-girlfreind dumped me 5 years ago .
 ¤«P£ÄÝGÚR£»¤
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/21/2005 6:21:04 PM
Dont be too surprised its been over a year since i had sex..lol
 SumterHarleyMan
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/21/2005 7:05:07 PM
Sorry to disillusion you, but yes, my friend, as soon as you marry them, they can begin to go without sex. All the sex you had BEFORE the marriage that made you think they may have had nyphomniac tendencies will go right out of the window, and you will be lucky if it doesn't happen on your honeymoon. There is usually some other, hidden, agenda motivating them toward sexual relations. Sex is a tool and an appetizer to lure you up to the table.

Most, but not ALL, women use sex to keep a man in a relationship for their own subtle purposes. I am going through a divorce from one who did exactly that. Thak your lucky stars that this one has decided to try and pull the "sex isn't a necessary part of the relationship now, while its earlier enough for you to get out without too much emotional and financial damage.

Think of the female black widow spider: She lures her mate in with sexual charms, then after she mates with him, she ounces on him, kills him, and then sucks him dry. Now think of marriage and divorce court and what you will feel like after being court ordered to pay alilmony and child support.

DUMP HER NOW WHILE YOU ARE AHEAD!!!!!
 geeetser233
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/21/2005 7:10:59 PM
Well then I guess I belong in the " Doing without club " also...I haven't had good sex in 3 weeks now....Yep...It was 3 weeks ago that I sprained my wrist....Some nights it is really difficult to sleep on my stomach too...Maybe someone out there needs me to come and cut their grass for them.....I've been called a dildoe and worse...
 twinkz
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/22/2005 7:05:18 PM
steph i'm in the same boat except it's only been a little over a year for me. i just gave up cause it was like ummm yawn are we done yet. i will keep on going without as long as the sex isn't good.
 angelsdoexist
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/23/2005 10:01:48 AM
I think when you want to be wit someone...when you say you love someone...you should honor them in any aspect of their lives....if she believes thats all you are shooting for is sex either she is uphappy wit your relationship & can't find words to tell you or you really do want it all the time...there has to be a give & take in any relationship...but you must always honor the other person ideas & inspirations...but the women should also honor you as well...its not a one way street here....you should talk about whats wrong & whats right in her eyes of a relationship & what you as a man agree & disagree on in a relationship...I mean you said shes living wit a man...you mean as roomates?...Cause I have had male roommates before...but the way you talk it seems like there is more to that situation then you are saying....be honest wit her...if she can't see you for your honestly then maybe you should take some time for yourself & really think about if she is the one....I believe if they are the one..they will love you for whoever your are....good or bad happy or sad....there is not wrong way in a relationship...the one & only thing people lack is communication...you always think we know what the other is thinking....wrong!!!!!!!! what we feel & what we think are 2 different things....give her some space & if she comes back then it was meant to be...good luck!
 Linco73
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/24/2005 11:06:38 PM
Yes, ...... Sure...
i am great sure....
there are....
But it can make a male
 majestic_lizard8
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/25/2005 3:43:03 PM
All women are not the same. There are more women who are completely disinterested in sex than men, but some men are that way too.

However, its more probable that a woman saying she doesn't have sex at all really means she isn't having sex with "men" at all, or that she is thumping some other guy and lying about it.
 jimmyzorro1979
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/25/2005 6:12:35 PM
Well the ever so question arises......Do women really need sex???m The awnser is simple. Not always. Plenty of women can go long periods of non sex 3+ day's. Yes its true even sometimes several years. Maybe the problem is a bad partner. one who cant satisfy the sexual desires of the female.If the sexual desires are never fulfill then sex is( Not That Great) so if its not great then why do it . But When a desirable partner comes around then she is sexually stimulated so......Then it Happens....
 flaNative
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/25/2005 6:41:16 PM
She has a ring that I bought for her! She still say's she wants to marry me.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/29/2005 5:49:03 PM
I can go without sex if I am not dating...I have my personal "solutions" for such matters.
In a relationship...heck no I dont want to go without it! Its normal and healthy to love each other.

Being "that way" makes one wonder if she either has very strict moral reasons to dislike sex outside of marriage (probably not, as she was in a live in relationship for so long) or maybe she dosent particularly enjoy sex...if she dosent like sex now, prepare for a marriage of headaches...literally.
 sexiibeast<3
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/29/2005 6:09:16 PM
i couldnt liv the rest of my life without sex.
 BuzWeaver
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/29/2005 10:23:55 PM

lol i never complain about sex or lack there of..
My only complaint is i can't find a dildo to shovel my driveway

That's just a matter of engineering.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can women really go without sex????