Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Back to e-Cigs...and the law      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 e*Musing
Msg: 1
Back to e-Cigs...and the lawPage 1 of 1    
First off, thanks to everyone who jumped into the previous thread about this. Being a retired smoker, the queries weren't for me, rather they were for some loved ones.

And the "jury" is back and even the most hard core, the one who I thought was sure to have a dozen reasons why not is happily puffing e-Cigs now. From my perspective, there is no smell to them, no aftertaste (kissing), etc.. It's like a guilty pleasure without the guilt. Heck, the tip even glows red when inhaling and they make the thing crackle like burning tobacco.

So I'm starting to wonder...what happens if someone pulls out an e-Cig at work, in a bar...on a plane? In fact, I know one young man that got admitted to OSU hospitals and when he indicated he was a smoker, they GAVE him an e-Cig at admitting because he wouldn't be able to go to a smoking area.

What do you think? What would be your reaction to e-Cigs in non-traditional places such as restaurants, stores, gov't buildings, closed cars, etc.?

Just curious what others think as to where this may be taking us as a society.

climbsagain
Msg: 2
Back to e-Cigs...and the law
Posted: 11/13/2009 3:40:50 PM
If the e-cigs are not giving off smoke or a scent that others would notice why would anyone notice. Legally speaking the e-cig is not a cigarette or cigar and therefore not covered by the same laws. I have yet to see a person with a e-cig, then again I may have walked past a person indulging and never noticed?
 avision4u
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/13/2009 4:11:04 PM
This question is either very humorous or open to a great deal of discussion. The humorous aspect is that signs abound proclaiming this is a smoke free work place, or no tobacco products permitted (I suppose to prevent snuff, chew, or anything relating to tobacco). The serious side of all this, as I stated in the related post, is that the addiction is still there, the nicotene is still there, and the research to determine long- term effects of using the product is not. does any one remember that smoking was not known to be harmful for a few years.
 climbsagain
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/13/2009 4:26:50 PM
I think people have known for a very long time that smoking is bad for your health. People just chose not to recognize the danger of smoking. For that matter the idea mission of medicince was very different many years ago. I agree that it is not clear what dangers lurk in the e-cigs?
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/18/2009 12:02:13 PM
Since you blocked me...which says you felt you were losing the debate, otherwise you would have the sack to face the rebuttal:
You missed the point AGAIN. So funny to be calling *me* stupid when you can't follow a simple line of reason.

It doesn't matter that the OP said, "Guys, what do you think." RushLuv is still allowed to post.

Additionally, if you read her post, it is not gender bent...it is advice that applies to the generic behavior that the OP described.

You're not as bright as you think you are, honey. Resorting to name calling is part of my proof. Your non sequiturs are the other part.

You're welcome.

OT
I think the fake cigs are great!
 TJ7
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/18/2009 12:37:47 PM
Climbs................

Oh, I recognize the dangers of smoking..............I just choose not to quit at this time. But I'm also not willing to go this e-cigs thingy. When I quit I will do it cold turkey like I've done before.

We've got a little drinking smiley on here - we need a smoking smiley -
 ~~Jackie~~
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/19/2009 12:09:12 PM

We've got a little drinking smiley on here - we need a smoking smiley -

TJ7
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/19/2009 12:13:38 PM
Jackie - it's so awesome to see you again

Where did you find that little smokie guy?!!!!
 ~~Jackie~~
Msg: 9
 e*Musing
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/19/2009 12:37:06 PM
Where did you find that little smokie guy?!!!!
Probably the same place I found things like...

and and and and and

DesertFox3
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 10:55:50 AM
Wasn't the little smokie guy banned too? (He had been on other posting forums)

$50 + for a carton of cigs now??... where have I been!

Do these Electronic Cigs smell?
 His Holiness THE CEO
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 2:39:15 PM
As far as I know the only thing exhaled is water vapor. So any smell would be attributed to the smokers breath. We all know some peoples breath smells like (_*_), so you be the judge.
 SearchingGal
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/3/2010 1:24:13 PM
My daughter bought the kit which was 89.00 (you have to keep them charged) they are hard to puff on, but there is no smell at all. She swears by them and only has to buy the cartridges which are approx 20.00 per week which is equal to a carton of cig which was costing her approx 60.00 per week. Each his own is what I say...............javascript:smilie('')
 l1ndak
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/3/2010 3:57:17 PM
I didn't know the cost... that's a GREAT point.

I teach college courses at a local college and was surprised when a student pulled one out during lecture. At first I thought he was just holding a cig in his mouth, since I'm allergic to smoke, I'll say something- but there was no smell. I'll just say I was pleasantly surprised.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2010 12:32:06 PM

My daughter bought the kit which was 89.00 (you have to keep them charged) they are hard to puff on, but there is no smell at all. She swears by them and only has to buy the cartridges which are approx 20.00 per week which is equal to a carton of cig which was costing her approx 60.00 per week. Each his own is what I say...............

So $80 a month to suck on water vapor? man, am I in the wrong field!
 Transamracer
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2010 11:49:56 AM
First off let me say Hi to everyone with my first post here

I am a distributor of e-cigs and there are some really over priced sellers out there,you mention the carts at $20 a week so I have a good idea were your daughter bought hers from.
There is no reason to spend that kind of money for anything e-cig related.

As for smoking them in bars and such,you are not using a tobbaco product so there should be no reason for them to not allow it,some of the airlines even pass out disposable e-cigs on long flights.
 e*Musing
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/11/2010 11:56:16 AM

So $80 a month to suck on water vapor? man, am I in the wrong field!

Considering your grasp of the topic, DF~, I don't think you're in the wrong field at all. Just keep working on the key phrase "Do you want fries with that, sir?"
 DesertFox3
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2010 11:12:24 PM
What professional tact for someone in your profession dub ... legalized robbery.
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Back to e-Cigs...and the law