Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Cantrell mushrooms      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oceaneyess
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Cantrell mushroomsPage 1 of 1    
OP...The mushrooms you are speaking of are most commonly called Chanterelles. They are great. Many grow here on my property where my Fir trees are.. I have made mushroom soup with them and sauteed them for steak and included diced ones in stuffing,but there are thousands of recipes online. Google "Chanterelle mushroom recipes" and you should get some great ideas. Happy Cooking!
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 4
Cantrell mushrooms
Posted: 11/15/2009 6:14:45 AM
Lucky you Ocean...I LOVE those things!! Nice pic of you and your dog too. I eat them a lot...saute in white wine, tiny bit of heavy cream and the list is endless. I wish they were easier to find here in Florida without getting raped in the store...about 12.99 a pound...so.....wanna mail me some???? :)
 rsemi
Msg: 5
Cantrell mushrooms
Posted: 11/15/2009 10:31:43 AM
One good way of storing Chanterelles is by freezing. Here's a good note on one method

http://www.ehow.com/how_4589798_prepare-chanterelles-freezing.html

Another way someone told me once was to quickly blanch the mushrooms (you don't want to keep them in the boiling water too long; mushrooms quickly absorb the water. ) Then lay the mushrooms on a baking sheet lined with wax paper or baking paper. Make sure that the mushrooms are separated. Put into your freezer and when frozen collect the individually frozen mushrooms into a freezer bag. Put back into the freezer and they are good to go.

When you want to use them, just take out and thaw. They will not have the consistency of fresh mushrooms but you can make a dynamite soup or sauces or use them chopped and sauteed with chopped onions, thyme and fresh sage.

enjoy
 DameWrite
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Cantrell mushrooms
Posted: 10/31/2012 2:13:36 AM
I just dry them on a window screen then seal them in a jar. When I want to cook with them I rehydrate them in orange juice, then add to recipe. Really, Chanterelle's are best fresh.
 caddyman101
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Cantrell mushrooms
Posted: 10/31/2012 1:43:52 PM
Chanterelles have a lot of water in them. So, if you what to get them to carmelize or saute threw them in the deep fryer for 10 seconds. The hot oil will suck all the moisture out of the mushroom. Now they will carmelize or saute without the rubbery or watery disappointment.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Cantrell mushrooms